All you do is nerf

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Mining needs to be brough down to the level of the rest of the game, not the rest of the game further ruined up to the level of mining.

Mining has to come down but some other things could do with a buff.

I mean, combat, the one activity that actually has some risk (albeit minor if you are sensible) lags way behind most other activities.

I have no doubt that there will be few people who will have no issues with it, and would even do well if that happens. I can buy a full A-rated Anaconda right now - a week after I started. But how many people like that are there? Are players like that representative of the bulk of the player base, or are just outliers?
There are definitely players 'not in the know' about the moneymaking metas. Based on traffic reports however, a pretty significant portion, I would say maybe 33% are flying around in high-end ships, another third are flying around in ships like Cobra, Viper, Diamondback, and another third are using early game ships like Sidewinder or Hauler. Considering how we right now are in a surge of new players, my conclusion is that rich meta players are in fact representative of a significant portion of the player base - but not absolutely 100% dominant, of course. (some of those high-end ships could of course be the result of trading coffee and bertrandite for 500 hours, but I would doubt that)

The Replicated Man

T
Just going to copy/paste this post I made a while ago asking frontier the same thing as OP.

Hey Frontier,
With the recent changes to Mining and Exploration, I would ask that you take a look at Bounty Hunting. In it's current state it's not really worth doing when compared to mining or even exploration. The Credits per hour is just sad, compared to the amount of work put in.

A number of things that could be done:

PvE Bounty Hunting

* Buff Payouts. Why would I kill an Elite Anaconda for 300,000 to 400,000 credits, when 1 Low Temp Diamond nets me 1.6 million at the correct station? Or I decide to go onto Road to Riches and scan water worlds and Earth Likes for up to 1 mill credits for a Level 3 Scan?

* More engaging NPC's (Tougher Opponents and stronger wings to take out, resulting in a higher payout).

* Add more POI's where Wanted NPC's spawn. Res sites, Installations and Nav Beacons are Nice, but we could use more variety.

* Buff NPC Bounty Hunting Missions. Perhaps Make the "Pirate Lord" tougher or have waves of pirates coming in similar to a Pirate Beacon.

PvP Bounty Hunting

*Add a Player PvP Bounty Board with Live Tracking and Reports for CMDR's with very high Notoriety. Scale the payout based on the players wanted level, wanted level history and Nortoriety Level.

*Remove the 2 Million Player Bounty Cap. Come up with a better solution to combat PVP Bounty Exploitation by Friends. (Perhaps players can only claim the bounty on another player in Open, if the bounty(s) were issued by Player PvP kills instead of killing a bunch of NPC's to raise the wanted level and abuse the system).

* Introduce the Pilot's Federation Judicator - This would be a special job or career one could apply for through the Pilots Federation after obtaining the Shinrarta Dezhra Permit. Since the pilot would be Elite in one of the roles, and after achieving allied status with the Pilots Federation, one would be able to apply for the role after meeting certain requirements (Engineering, Credits etc).

The idea for this would be the following: After a pilot successfully applies for the Judicator role and are accepted, they would be granted access to a High-Value PvP target bounty board for the bubble. The board would be updated regularly with Locations of Wanted Players in Open and in the Bubble. The location would be updated every time a Wanted player would change instances, and there would be a module to purchase for Judicators to get a portable version of this on their ship. Wanted players would have to seek shelter in Anarchy systems, which Judicators would not be able to enter if they were currently on a Job. The Judicator would be able to tell if they were in an Anarchy system, but not a specific location.

* Reduced cost in repairs, ammo restock, and fuel at Governed Stations. Reduced cost in ships and ship upgrades. Perhaps you would be "Loaned" a PvP capable ship such as a Fer-De-Lance with a special Livery and designation to tell players you are a Judicator. The ship could be modified by the player and rebuy cost would be reduced.

* Introduce a Ranking system for Outlaws and Lawful Pilots, based on kills and Notoriety. This would give players an incentive to PvP more.

I am sure more could be developed on this if this idea were to go forward, and I am interested to hear what both PvE and PvP pilots think about the idea.

I don't ever think we'll see a complete reset, that is probably just a pipe dream... but maybe, a better system can be introduced gradually, and the idea of a terrible catastrophe repainting the economic map is pretty interesting. There could be some kind of compensation for previous assets, especially if Cmdrs are there and take action during the events. Everyone doesn't need to be reduced to 100 Cr and a Sidewinder.

Maybe this event could involve the introduction of a new currency? It doesn't need to be named anything fancy, just a new credit, but with the critical difference that this currency is not a pure fiat currency like the old credit, but bound to some kind of resource and activity. Every new credit gained would be the result of either Credits changing hands or being minted through some activity which would be limited in volume and maybe not even posssible for a player.

Then you need more reactive markets, with way smaller saturation limits. How many kilotonnes of LTD jewelry can the producers make before people want to spend their hard-earned credits on something else?

Absolutely, but I think a big step towards making this work is adding more flexibility. That word doesn't say much, so here's an example:

Danger. It is reasonable to assume that in general, more profitable activities are more difficult, and one such example could be danger.
In my ideal world, there exists almost perfectly safe activities, maybe hauling scrap out of Sol into a neighboring system. This playstyle would be very calm, you will have no legal trouble, no bandit trouble, but income would be very low. Maybe some people would prefer this calm 'space trucker' style and happily run back and forth for 50 hours, maybe it would not feel like grind to them if they have some good music and a nice chat with the Connie pilot at the Barnard's star station mailslot. Maybe some people would play like this occasionally to wind down. But if it is too slow, then there are more dangerous activities, and these exist on a spectrum, and that spectrum goes all the way - to the ludicrously profitable, and dangerous. Elite II had a large population anarchy system that had some pretty good market opportunities, but when you dropped out (and it was quite a way to the starport, too...) you would immediatly start getting swamped by hostiles. If you switched to the system maps, you could see all these ships going straight for the little treat that just popped out of witchspace.

Imagine a player doing some kind of legendary trade run into the most crazy-dangerous space, braving enormous dangers and making a huge profit of one of the most unreachable trade deals in the galaxy. Imagine that experience. Imagine that they show off by recording it and posting on the forums. Will people complain about how all that income was 'unbalanced'? Maybe some person will, but I think in general people will be in awe, entertained by the video, and maybe inspired to do similar things ingame. And some people will succeed maybe, and some will not, and will have to pay expensive rebuy costs instead

Note that there is no absolute optimum, the level of danger you want to pick depends on how good you are at handling danger... and how much danger you actually want to face.
Good and interesting point, well made and coherent? Tut tut. This is simply not the done thing. Where's your forum etiquette? ;)

In seriousness, lots of good points, and various things to come back on, with some counterpoints and some supplemental/supportive points. Thread's likely to get locked, so just getting this brief reply in quickly as a courtesy/holding response, just in case. :D

Deleted member 182079

D
I did a wing combat mission solo yesterday where i had to kill 30 pirates for 21 million
I made over 100m credits in just over an hour the other day, by stacking 180t cargo missions and hauling those in my T9 to another port 1 jump away. That's at least a month of upkeep paid for.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom