Fiction An Official Elite: Dangerous novel, by T. James. "Out of the Darkness".

Slopey

Volunteer Moderator
Just a quick shout out to say I've just finished Out of the Darkness, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

A sequel is most definitely required!!!!

Well done :)

Just a quick shout out to say I've just finished Out of the Darkness, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

A sequel is most definitely required!!!!

Well done :)

Cheers, Slopey. Always great to hear from a happy reader. :) If you're wanting to spread the love, an Amazon review would be wonderful.

All the best,

TJ.

Just finished reading the book. Extremely good read - some amusing moments early on, but the story itself quickly becomes dark and tense, and ultimately horrific. Loved the main characters - Moira makes for an interesting comparison to Angel Rose!

I've read Reclaimation, Mostly Harmless and Nemorensis - Out of the Darkness stands comparison with all of them.

Roll on the sequel ;)

Are there any hardback versions anywhere? Looks like a good read and I'd like to continue my Elite hardback collection haha!

Thanks for your interest. The tree-book has been published via Createspace, which, I'm afraid, doesn't offer the option to publish in hardback - it's ebook / paperback only for the foreseeable future.

Philip Coutts

Volunteer Moderator
I'm about 80% through according to my kindle and loving it. I found myself reading late into the night yesterday with that "Just one more chapter" feeling. Really good story and well written. Can't wait to finish work tonight so I can go and finish reading it!

I'm about 80% through according to my kindle and loving it. I found myself reading late into the night yesterday with that "Just one more chapter" feeling. Really good story and well written. Can't wait to finish work tonight so I can go and finish reading it!

Hi, Philip, thanks for the positive feedback. It's great to hear someone is enjoying your work - makes it all worthwhile. I hope you liked the ending. If you did and you can spare a little time, an Amazon review (even a few words) would be very welcome.

Fly safe, Commander Coutts,

Philip Coutts

Volunteer Moderator
So finished this over the weekend and I wasn't disappointed. Excellent from start to finish and I would heartily recommend it. I'll leave a review on Amazon when I remember.

I finished reading this the other day and thought it was an excellent read. The characters were interesting, the plot moved at a good pace and it wasn't obvious where it would go. I've read a few of the Elite official fiction books (Lave Revolution, Tales from the Frontier and Elite: Legacy), and I think this is my favourite so far.

I finished reading this the other day and thought it was an excellent read. The characters were interesting, the plot moved at a good pace and it wasn't obvious where it would go. I've read a few of the Elite official fiction books (Lave Revolution, Tales from the Frontier and Elite: Legacy), and I think this is my favourite so far.

My apologies, Commander Regel, for the late reply. This thread became so quiet and I've been enjoying playing the game so I haven't been on the forums for an age. It's heart-warming to receive such a generous review. I'm glad you enjoyed the book.

Now, back to running missions in my 550+ Imperial Courier. :)

Hiya,
I too would be interested in a hardback copy, is it still not a possibility? Also, do you have any plans to update the book with a second edition like Allen Stroud has done for Lave Revolution?
Cheers :)

Top Bottom