Analyzing required animals by Taxonomical group

Team howler too. The most essential monkey needed in game followed by the spider monkey imo. The spider monkey could present some animation difficulties though if done correctly.

Personally I find the squirrel monkey to be more useful than howler, then howler more useful than spider. Tbh I don’t know if I have seen a spider monkey, and I have visited a fair number of zoos.

I will never understand why howler is so essential. Looks rather as something decent, but not very important.

40CB672B-D82C-4424-B771-8D8BB4824F1E.jpeg

Love these guys. Scared early explorers with their eerie calls. Our local zoo has 3. 1 male and 2 females one being the daughter. The male is quite lazy but very protective. At our zoo you can hear 3 animals pretty regularly the lions of course. The tiger once in awhile and of course these guys.
576EABC6-9E33-49E8-946B-EDBA23045A00.jpeg

Our zoo also features spider monkeys. They’ve had these guys for quite awhile.

You want more steam? Let’s go back to discussing why Arid pack was the worst of all because it did not have a peccary 🤷🏽
And why so many people felt tricked by frontier that arid pack contained only African animals.
This should be fun.

You want more steam? Let’s go back to discussing why Arid pack was the worst of all because it did not have a peccary 🤷🏽
And why so many people felt tricked by frontier that arid pack contained only African animals.
This should be fun.
I cant even post about the arid pack these days, they keep getting removed 😅 I think most discussions about that pack have been done to death.

Last edited:
A realistic spider monkey is beyond thw game's animation capabilities I think. If we get just howler and tamarin I'd be happy, anything beyond that is a bonus.
Somewhat agree that the Spider Monkey may be too much work and have too many issues, but look at what animals we've gotten that at one point or another were probably though the same. the Platypus, Gibbon for example. Really, the ceiling was kind of hit with the Sloth as it needed to be an exhibit animal. I don't see the same for the Spider Monkey. It would probably take be that "Extra effort" animal in the pack and at this point I'm not sure that they would spend that on a primate yet again (even if it's one from the region that desperately needs primates)

So I'm not saying it will definitely not make it in, but I do think the odds are less than a Howler Monkey or Squirrel Monkey (suits me just fine, I really like the Squirrel Monkeys personally). Adding in a Tamarin or two/three as Walk Through Exhibit animals and maybe even a second Howler Monkey if support goes on, we'd have the numbers for basic SA primate representation, IMO.

I will never understand why howler is so essential. Looks rather as something decent, but not very important.
Howlers are pretty animals. Also, they are common and would benefit from the chorus behaviors, which haven't been updated since summer 2022
I would rather something visually unique for south america like a white saki, golden lion tamarin or literally anything else that doesn't look like another gibbon.
Frontier: white-cheeked gibbon or South America monkey

Captain: monkey!!!

Frontier: white-cheeked gibbon it is

My order of SA monkey needs:
  1. Tamarins (especially golden lion): apart from my personal love of them, they are very eye-catching, different from anything we have, and the most important conservation animal I'm aware of for South America. I think they are the most important, but their tiny size might pose a bit of a problem. Tamarins are extremely common in zoos.
  2. Geoffroy's Spider Monkey: This one is unique-looking, endangered, and comes in a variety of colors. If we only get a couple of SA monkeys, I could pretend this one is multiple species. They are a basic zoo animal.
  3. Black Howler Monkey: This one is the most requested and has sexual dimorphism where the females are gold in color. They would use the chorus system, but the sounds they make are kind of unpleasant. I guess we don't have anything yet to invoke the terrifying din of the jungle at night. They are a very solid choice.
  4. Common (or any other) Squirrel Monkey: They are cute, not to hard to adapt from the capuchin, and a very basic zoo animal. I want to see them in the game.
  5. Non Essentials (but still cool):
    1. Bald Uakari: I've seen them in a zoo before, and they certainly are unique! A bit off-putting to some, though...
    2. Saki: The white faced is the most popular. I actually like the bearded. They are a pretty basic zoo animal, but they aren't as popular as some other choices, which I happen to also like better.
    3. Marmosets: Again, a very basic zoo animal. They might be to small for a habitat though
    4. Night monkey: exists as an option for a nocturnal monkey, which is still needed.
    5. Titis and wooly monkeys: They also exist, but I think at least the 4 "essentials" should definitely be prioritized.

So regarding the whole suid things, imo both the wild boar and a domestic pig are essential, with strong arguments for the visayan warty pig and even a second domestic.

Wild boar we all know the deal, bla bla, wild park, bla bla, ungulate for europe that isnt a deer or mountain locked, blabla actually kinda world wide rep, bla bla largest and so far only cold weather pig, you have heard it all before

Regarding the domestics, both the kunekune and vitnamese pot bellied are super common, got interesting breed historys and are currently kept alive through zoos while also looking visually distinct from both each other and all other pigs in the game. Theyd also be super usefull petting zoo animals if we should ever have more then camels to fill them.

The visayan warty pig is neat, nowhere near essential but i wouldnt be mad about its inclusion. Critically endangerd, a recent super star that got adopted by many different zoos as they are desperatly trying to build up a good back up population aswell as spread awareness about these rapidly declining suids, looks unique, first animal from the phillipenes, really not a bad choice. They are very much below the boar and a domestic regarding being needed, but if frontier does a pack that could include it, id really do like to see it as one of their filler picks. Afterall the only filler better then pigs are birds and monkeys

I would be super satisfied with howler and spider monkey plus eventually golden lion tamarin for WE if macaws are out of the picture.

I have a question, how do you feel now about the state of Xenarthrans (anteaters, armadillos, sloths)?

When we got the sloth and armadillo a lot of people wanted a second one due to the species chosen being uncommon in zoos. So would you still want a second one of these groups? Or is what we have sufficient in your opinion?

I have a question, how do you feel now about the state of Xenarthrans (anteaters, armadillos, sloths)?

When we got the sloth and armadillo a lot of people wanted a second one due to the species chosen being uncommon in zoos. So would you still want a second one of these groups? Or is what we have sufficient in your opinion?
I dont really think we need another Sloth

With like 2 more years of support id like another armadillo, otherwise the slot could go to better use imo.
I dont really need another sloth either, sure i would have prefered the two toed, but now that we got the other one im like ehh its fine.

A tamandua on the other hand would be something cool imo.
They are not top top priority south america for me, but i wouldnt complain if they were added

Tamandua and maybe another armadillo, preferably the big hairy armadillo but the need for another sloth is overrated. As it is though, it's sufficient enough to be satisfied, a tamandua and another armadillo are purely personal wants to bring something more to the south american roster.

Top Bottom