Answers from the Devs 15/10/15

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
And NOTHING on the interdiction minigame difficulty situation!!! :pitchforks:

From the Dev update....

"We are currently working on a client update for PC/Mac and Xbox One, all being well these will be released next week. As well as various fixes we’re adjusting the NPC interdiction so it isn’t quite as punishing as it is at the moment."

There are 3 things I want to know.

1. What work is being done to fix the BGS.
-Torval's fortification ethos still doesn't work.
-Influence swings that wipe out factions with 80%+ to zero over night without player involvement.
2. What work is being done to interdictions.
3. What is being discussed about the game economy.
-Will the asp be more profitable than the panther clipper based on current smuggling missions.

edit: I see number 2 has been addressed.

Last edited:
Wait a new lakon ship possibly related to the diamondback. ....began speculation. ..I predict a long range purpose built stealth prowler a mix between the scout and the python.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
I'm not sure what to make of the announcement that shaders are a requirement for horizons, but not the game as it stands from release to now, therefor tough luck to any open source (openGL) or Mac platform.
If I were a betting man, I'd say this was deliberate to force MS only play.

I can assure you there is no ulterior motive or agenda here. I'm not a technical guy but I think it's down to the surface and textures there. When the technology is available we'll be keen to support it.

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
There are 3 things I want to know.

1. What work is being done to fix the BGS.
-Torval's fortification ethos still doesn't work.
-Influence swings that wipe out factions with 80%+ to zero over night without player involvement.
2. What work is being done to interdictions.
3. What is being discussed about the game economy.
-Will the asp be more profitable than the panther clipper based on current smuggling missions.

A couple of great questions for the next thread!

The middle one has an answer in this week's Dev update...

"We are currently working on a client update for PC/Mac and Xbox One, all being well these will be released next week. As well as various fixes we’re adjusting the NPC interdiction so it isn’t quite as punishing as it is at the moment."

DEVs, I really do not see any Navy Mission roles that require us to be signed up with Navy and would actually involve Navy engagement with any squads or battalions. There is no connection to our Rank other than waiting for a Mission of promotion. This is just silly. Why are there no Security, Police, Navy roles what so ever and why we never get any rank demotion for going to the other side!?
When you answer this, please also answer do Lifetime Members get a 2nd CMDR due to the fee is including the initial game yet again that we did already pay for?

Last edited:
I can assure you there is no ulterior motive or agenda here. I'm not a technical guy but I think it's down to the surface and textures there. When the technology is available we'll be keen to support it.

Appreciate the candor, I'm not a tech guy either, I've tried reading up on this, only to discover that I'd have to accept any jargon-based argument at face value.

Will improving NPCs be something you will be addressing in the (near) future?

Or to make it more specific:
- will we be able to hire NPC wingmen eventually?
- will the character creator be used to make random NPCs in the future?

Not to be a tease but you might need to wait a little while to find out more...

"Remember, these are just the ship names, and we’ll be revealing loads of exciting details about them in the coming weeks. "

You know now I'm going to over hype it thinking I might get exactly the ship I want .

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom