Anyone else unable to access their ships?

So, had this since first week of Odyssey. Basically, jumped in a friends ship for a mission, got disconnected when they supercruised out because of course it did, so I took a shuttle back to my home station. Which also happens to be where all my ships are docked. Makes sense, right? I want to get back to my ships so I can fly them.
Except, because I took a shuttle back to the station, I can't. Whenever I go to the elevator it just says "no accessible ships docked" and inter-astra just prompts me to do the tutorial, which I did to no avail.
Anyone else had this? And if so, has anyone found a way to fix it?

Bought Odyssey last night. Loved the tutorial, played all of it and finished it. Then time to do it for real...Oh man the problems...

GPU mostly pinned at 100 per cent (6700XT, latest drivers). I accepted a mission but now can't even work out how to see it. Took an Apex shuttle 100 LY away to get to my DBX ship at Foden Orbital, Toluku, but now can't board my ship, same bug as mentioned above, even though the game insists that it is here!

And yes like everyone else I have my Gamma turned up because it looks like it was designed for HDR monitors and so I can't see stuff it's too dark, completely unlike Horizons that I am very experienced in.

Regards,
AG

So, had this since first week of Odyssey. Basically, jumped in a friends ship for a mission, got disconnected when they supercruised out because of course it did, so I took a shuttle back to my home station. Which also happens to be where all my ships are docked. Makes sense, right? I want to get back to my ships so I can fly them.
Except, because I took a shuttle back to the station, I can't. Whenever I go to the elevator it just says "no accessible ships docked" and inter-astra just prompts me to do the tutorial, which I did to no avail.
Anyone else had this? And if so, has anyone found a way to fix it?
This might work: go to a terminal, manage ships, you should be prompted to have your ship sent to your station. I think the game still ties you being in the ship you were in when you joined your friend.

This might work: go to a terminal, manage ships, you should be prompted to have your ship sent to your station. I think the game still ties you being in the ship you were in when you joined your friend.
Sadly, I don't even have the option
20210604222927_1.jpg

there are 3 different elevators!
Make sure you go to the right one!

One is for your docked ships
one for frontline solutions
and one for apex shuttles

read the signs over you to make sure you go to the right elevators.
usually you must never wait more than 15 secs for a shuttle.

you MUST do the inter astra tutorial for manage/ buy ships

Inter Astra is your friend - you should be able to manage your ships from there.
Having done (or quit) the tutorial it should offer you services - one of which is to pick the ship you wish to use.
Have you tried taking an Apex to another station and checking Inter Astra to see if it is possible to ship one to your location.

Last edited:
there are 3 different elevators!
Make sure you go to the right one!

One is for your docked ships
one for frontline solutions
and one for apex shuttles

read the signs over you to make sure you go to the right elevators.
usually you must never wait more than 15 secs for a shuttle.

you MUST do the inter astra tutorial for manage/ buy ships
I'm going to the right elevators. Is there a particular separate tutorial for inter-astra?
Inter Astra is your friend - you should be able to manage your ships from there.
Having done (or quit) the tutorial it should offer you services - one of which is to pick the ship you wish to use.
Have you tried taking an Apex to another station and checking Inter Astra to see if it is possible to ship one to your location.
Tried that. Completed the tutorial, apparently got a sidey skin for it too. Still doesn't work

Just to check, you tried the Inter Astra menu (after selecting "I'm interested in your services" response)?
The normal mission terminals won't have the ship purchase/mangement menu, only through the Inter Astra desk...
The only option I have at inter-astra is "I'd like a refresher on my flight training". Going through that does nothing, despite the clerk saying they'd send me to the tutorial. Even then, completing the tutorial does nothing to help

I've been in the same situation for 5 days now. Got stuck on a black / darkened screen when boarding my ship and relogged. My ship was nowhere to be seen and I took an Apex shuttle to the nearest station with Inter Astra. The clerk has only two dialogue options: refresher on my flight training and goodbye. The main menu shows Sidewinder as my active ship, but on the galaxy map I can still see all my owned ships - I just can't access any. My save is probably somehow glitched :(
EDIT: I also tried starting Horizons and the base game, but there I get the problem retrieving commander data error and cannot start the game.

I've been in the same situation for 5 days now. Got stuck on a black / darkened screen when boarding my ship and relogged. My ship was nowhere to be seen and I took an Apex shuttle to the nearest station with Inter Astra. The clerk has only two dialogue options: refresher on my flight training and goodbye. The main menu shows Sidewinder as my active ship, but on the galaxy map I can still see all my owned ships - I just can't access any. My save is probably somehow glitched :(
EDIT: I also tried starting Horizons and the base game, but there I get the problem retrieving commander data error and cannot start the game.
Yup, exact same issue I'm having. I get the feeling that somehow the game's been locked in the "phase 1 alpha" state where we weren't meant to have access to any ships. Of all the things to make it to the live build, this is honestly shocking

I didn't partake in the Alpha so I wouldn't know, but that does sound like a plausible theory. I does appear almost as if we were being artificially restricted from using our own ships. Some sort of a glitch could likely have imposed the alpha limitations on us, although it is truly shocking that this kind of stuff happens in the live build. ☹️

I agree, personally this is the worst kind of a problem to have, since not only is my gameplay in Odyssey that is restricted, but also Horizons and the base game are inaccessible.

Log into Horizons. That should put you back in your live ship. If it does, jump to another system, then switch back to Odyssey.
In theory that should fix.
Yep, that's one of the first things I tried to remedy this. Sadly, as I said earlier, neither Horizons nor the base game will go past the main menu. Instead, I get an error with retrieving commander data from the server.

In that case, You will need a support ticket to resolve it.
Good advice, and already taken - I submitted a ticket 5 days ago. Now I'm just waiting for the support to take action. I suppose I replied to this thread just in case FDev follows this board so that this problem can be recognized as a recurrent issue rather than an isolated event. (I do realize they are currently flooded with support tickets and it might take a while.)

ED keeps track of your "current ship", and there are apparently issues with using Inter Astra to change that. So you should be trying to get back into that specific ship.

If that ship is at your current station, I guess you could try taking an Apex to another nearby station with a shipyard, then using Inter Astra to transfer your current ship there, in the hope that this forces an update of whatever status bug is locking you out.

Top Bottom