Anyone else unable to access their ships?

While that may help in some cases, with the current issue it doesn't. The problem is that I cannot access Inter Astra on any starport (tried like 5 different ports on 60 Ly radius). The clerk (if even present) only offers dialogue options for taking a refresher on my flight training (which does nothing) and goodbye - no shipyard services at all. The on-foot HUD option for recalling ship isn't present either (naturally tried on the same planet where I lost my last active ship, far enough from any settlements). Also tried suicide with and without active transgressions - respawn options for vehicles only list on-foot.

I also tried installing the game on a different computer, and the problem persists even with a fresh install, which means the issue is probably with the server-side save game. It would appear my only hope is that FDev either somehow fixes my current save game or restores an earlier backup (which I optimistically hope exists and is a fresh one). Even so, knowing this could happen again anytime isn't very reassuring. Let's hope they eventually get to the bottom of this and manage to fix the root cause.

Did you try using the taxi to reach any settlement on the planet near your ship, leave said setttlement on foot and from there recall your ship with the menu you can call your taxi with (circlular menu nr 2 (nr 1 is equipment, weapson))?
According to some articles in the DE forum this helped players who left their ship for sneaking into a settlement, then died while on foot and had to take a taxi back from prison. And then were unable to get at their (alledgedly) docked ship.
Going down to the planet and calling the ship to fetch them fixed this.
Did not do this myself, as I still have to complete the flight training after the ground base mission on PC (prefer the Xbox).

Did you try using the taxi to reach any settlement on the planet near your ship, leave said setttlement on foot and from there recall your ship with the menu you can call your taxi with (circlular menu nr 2 (nr 1 is equipment, weapson))?
According to some articles in the DE forum this helped players who left their ship for sneaking into a settlement, then died while on foot and had to take a taxi back from prison. And then were unable to get at their (alledgedly) docked ship.
Going down to the planet and calling the ship to fetch them fixed this.
Did not do this myself, as I still have to complete the flight training after the ground base mission on PC (prefer the Xbox).
Yeah, I tried this, and as I said, the HUD option for recalling ship isn't there. At first, the system map showed one ship located on the planet where I lost my ship. Now it shows 0 ships, but at the same time, the ship symbol is still on the planet. Utterly borked, I guess. 😖

I also tried both skipping and completing the pilot training via main menu, but this did not have any effect on the Inter Astra clerks who still only offer a refresher on flight training or goodbye. The dialogue option for taking the refresher does nothing.

I have the exact same problem. I have submitted multiple bug reports as well as a service ticket. I have been unable to access my ships since 22 May. I think that Fdev should focus some attention on "broken" characters. I look at the patch notes and see some very trivial things being fixed, when you have player unable to access half of the game that they put thousands of hours of time and effort. Fdev how about helping stuck Commanders. I understand that software developers will claim that if we fix the buds we will fix the characters, well it has been 3 weeks and we still can't access our ships. Can we get a Community Manager to look into this and respond. We feel ignored.

Yeah, I tried this, and as I said, the HUD option for recalling ship isn't there. At first, the system map showed one ship located on the planet where I lost my ship. Now it shows 0 ships, but at the same time, the ship symbol is still on the planet. Utterly borked, I guess. 😖

I also tried both skipping and completing the pilot training via main menu, but this did not have any effect on the Inter Astra clerks who still only offer a refresher on flight training or goodbye. The dialogue option for taking the refresher does nothing.

I have the exact same problem. I have submitted multiple bug reports as well as a service ticket. I have been unable to access my ships since 22 May. I think that Fdev should focus some attention on "broken" characters. I look at the patch notes and see some very trivial things being fixed, when you have player unable to access half of the game that they put thousands of hours of time and effort. Fdev how about helping stuck Commanders. I understand that software developers will claim that if we fix the buds we will fix the characters, well it has been 3 weeks and we still can't access our ships. Can we get a Community Manager to look into this and respond. We feel ignored.
Important question for both of you, as I have a theory on what may be keeping us grounded: did you both play in the odyssey alpha, at any phase?

Important question for both of you, as I have a theory on what may be keeping us grounded: did you both play in the odyssey alpha, at any phase?
I think I see where you are going with this, but I for one only bought Odyssey only a day or two before the launch and only installed it after the live build was released. So, I didn't take part in any of the alpha stages. But still, it does seems as if our CMDRs are somehow restricted the use of our own ships as if we were in an alpha build, and the fact that we cannot login to Horizons would support this.

+1 So true! Wow, you've been having this problem for much longer than I and I've been waiting for a response for 7 days now. And the fact that they are fixing minor glitches such as shadows being cast wrong rather than gaming-breaking problems such as this is just absurd. FDev, please address this issue ASAP! #fdev #bug #gamebreaker

Last edited:
I briefly participated in Alpha 4. My current theory is that when the game crashed twice in a row and I lost my asp, the installation I was at turned into a conflict zone. Unfortunately when I figured our that the reason I couldn't recall my ship is that I was stuck in a conflict zone preventing me from recalling my ship. The System is currently at war, but no conflict zones at the site I lost my ship yet.

Inter Astra is your friend - you should be able to manage your ships from there.
Having done (or quit) the tutorial it should offer you services - one of which is to pick the ship you wish to use.
Have you tried taking an Apex to another station and checking Inter Astra to see if it is possible to ship one to your location.
Worked for me. Thank you. Just talked to the npc there, went in to manage my ships, and selected "Use this Ship" with the one I had stored there, then I could go to my ship in my hangar.

Thank Raxxla, it's finally working again! :D I made another support ticket last night, and moments ago, a Frontier support team member replied saying that they've moved me to me ship. This seemed to fix not only the problem with starting a session in Horizons (no more Problem retrieving commander data), but also fixed Inter Astra for me. (There was also some minor update when I opened the launcher, it may be that this also had part in resolving the issue.)

For anyone struggling with this problem, I would suggest making another support ticket. It seems my original ticket apparently was never received or read at the support. It's 8 days old now and still unanswered. EDIT: By "this problem", I mean that you've already tried the various DIY fixes listed here and still can't access any of your owned ships. If you are able to do it, launching Horizons or the base game could fix this.

Last edited:
You probably already tried various different bases and starport and none of them had a clerk present? For me, on the planet where I lost my ship, there weren't any clerks present on any of the ground installations, but there were at other starports. They just didn't have dialogue options other than "Refresher on your flight training" and "Goodbye".

You also probably have tried launching Horizons instead. This should put you back to your latest active ship, after which you should be reunited in Odyssey as well. If you can't launch Horizons, I think having support move you back to your ship is your only option (helped for me, at least).

Just to confirm, yes, I am still unable to access a few of my ships at stations w/o a shipyard.
I've taken a liking to Apex lately, so I also travel to stations in the Bubble where I've placed ships so I have access to ship missions.
That doesn't work at all!

0/
Im unable to activate my ship at inter astra. THere is error - in my prev ship (Hauler, forget system and outpost names) is "wrong cargo". I must like "move one ship closer to another and move cargo" game says.

Its really no way to manage proxy cargo???

So, had this since first week of Odyssey. Basically, jumped in a friends ship for a mission, got disconnected when they supercruised out because of course it did, so I took a shuttle back to my home station. Which also happens to be where all my ships are docked. Makes sense, right? I want to get back to my ships so I can fly them.
Except, because I took a shuttle back to the station, I can't. Whenever I go to the elevator it just says "no accessible ships docked" and inter-astra just prompts me to do the tutorial, which I did to no avail.
Anyone else had this? And if so, has anyone found a way to fix it?
Exactly the same issue here - been stuck for months - no idea why I returned back to this game, it's 100% unplayable as I cannot fly ANY of my ships now.....useless

I've taken shuttles to other stations that have shipyards and spent millions transferring my ships around but NO. IT DOESN'T WORK.

Sick of this....proper waste of time

Have you tried being on a surface and choosing the "recover to ship" option?

ETA: Or even contacting Support to get you on a ship?

Last edited:
OK, if you've not already tried this, then might be worth a go right?

Log out of the game, go back into Ody so your at the main menu. SELECT HELP & INFO. Then select STUCK RECOVERY.. The game should find your actiive ship or, if it's smart enough, one that is 'available' and put you into the same star system as your currently in with your ship!

Little nervous about trying to teach my Granny to suck eggs but here we go - when I've previously become separated from my ships and unable to access my hangar, I've found the people at Inter Astra very helpful (at a price).
Their ship sales and transport services are highly recommended.

Exactly the same issue here - been stuck for months - no idea why I returned back to this game, it's 100% unplayable as I cannot fly ANY of my ships now.....useless
Contact support. I ended up having to do this and they fixed it. Could also try the odyssey fix button thing they added

Little nervous about trying to teach my Granny to suck eggs but here we go - when I've previously become separated from my ships and unable to access my hangar, I've found the people at Inter Astra very helpful (at a price).
Their ship sales and transport services are highly recommended.
When I had this bug, I could only interact with inter astral to do the refresher on my pilot training

Top Bottom