ANNOUNCEMENT April Update - Coming 23 April 2019

Last edited:
Not sure how accurate that list is. I've only been playing since January, I've gathered several trophies, and I ain't on any of those lists.

Why? These are systems that are uninhabited at the moment, being repurposed. You're not losing anything.

No prob if these systems are already / currently permit locked. If they are currently accessible but will no longer be after April's update, than I will be angry. Yes. I know there are 400BSS* but there is no need to punish me with more permit locked regions. We already have enough of them.
*minus 10 % of the permit locked ones :) (How do we properly insert super/sub scripts???)

Deleted member 110222

D
No prob if these systems are already / currently permit locked. If they are currently accessible but will no longer be after April's update, than I will be angry. Yes. I know there are 400BSS* but there is no need to punish me with more permit locked regions. We already have enough of them.
*minus 10 % of the permit locked ones :) (How do we properly insert super/sub scripts???)
Oh the horror that you might not be able to visit one or two systems that are functionally identical to thousands of other systems.

You want access? Keep wiping save every time you earn a rank.

You are not entitled to the systems.

I have just skipped through the "livestream" - or "here's some chit chat whilst the game is running behind us..." and am surprised there were no actual previews of new content. Is there a plan to do a "thingie" showcasing some of this stuff?

Interstellar Initiatives

Our name for the previously announced 'Community Events'. These are series of in-game events that play out over the course of around a month. Each one features several phases that will alter as the narrative progresses, and may end with lasting effects on the galaxy. We'll be delving deeper into these in just a couple of weeks.

I'm not sure if I understand well the timeline for the Interstellar Initiatives ?

If they are listed in this post it's because they'll be added in the patch coming the 23th of april but you say "We'll be delving deeper into these in just a couple of weeks."

Doest that mean that they won't start when the patch drop and that we'll know more only a few weeks later (in may ?) about them ?

o7

When I loaded one of the training missions shortly after 3.3 dropped, mining for example, it didn't have any of the new mining tools included. I think the video may have been the old one as well (on XBone btw). I saw YouTube had an updated version though.

@Will,
Are the training missions (and videos) accessible now via the Main Menu updated yet or will that also happen with this coming update?

Okay, in the previous Forum, I always had a time of my life to figure out how to make a (new) post, in this new one I keep finding myself (reply) posting without ever intending to do so and there is no 'cancel' post, so if you see short or blank posts from me it is because I can't figure how to get out of this mode without posting.... 😮

Okay, in the previous Forum, I always had a time of my life to figure out how to make a (new) post, in this new one I keep finding myself (reply) posting without ever intending to do so and there is no 'cancel' post, so if you see short or blank posts from me it is because I can't figure how to get out of this mode without posting.... 😮

I write a lot more than I actually post. What I do is delete my complete response (so it shows the 'write your reply...' message again), then click 'Preview'. This throws up an error message but does clear the cached text. Different forum software, different quirks :)

:) Although I had the disk version so I can't vouch for this, I'm told the docking computer of the original BBC Micro Elite cassette version had exactly this 'feature' - as soon as you engaged the DC you were docked. The disk version was much more 'fun' - most of the time it splatted you into the front of the Dodo station.
I had the cassette version, and no it didn't. Press a key to engage or disengage the DC was handy, instead of the throttle changes made to cope with the external HOTAS, because it all too often struggled with tiny micro alignments right in the docking slot making emergency overrides a necessary 'feature'.

In short, the 84 DC wasn't Mostly Harmless, it was mostly Deadly, TO YOU!

Edit: Oh yeah, and on the tinny little Beeb speaker (that you couldn't disable) the Blue Danube was so offensive to my delicate teen hearing that I stopped using the DC in favour of Iron Maiden.
It sounded rubbish and couldn't fly reliably so I gave up on it pretty quick :p

Note: Having said that, I still played the [redacted] out of it for over a decade...

Last edited:
I had the cassette version, and no it didn't. Press a key to engage or disengage the DC was handy, instead of the throttle changes made to cope with the external HOTAS, because it all too often struggled with tiny micro alignments right in the docking slot making emergency overrides a necessary 'feature'.
You're remembering this wrong. The BBC Micro tape version docked instantly as soon as you pressed the key for docking computer (which was C if I remember rightly).

You're remembering this wrong. The BBC Micro tape version docked instantly as soon as you pressed the key for docking computer (which was C if I remember rightly).
No I ain't, and no it didn't but you're right about the "C" key to use it.

Edit: Hmm, it's possible that was a later, emulated version but I don't think so and even on the early PCs the same issue with the tinny little speaker persisted. It was quicker, safer and easier to fly over the station door, aim at the planet then stop, pitch turn and roll in at full throttle before you lost the alignment.

Last edited:

Yep, 'C' it was... And many was the time that I was grateful to see the "S" appear as I was at the end of a 30 minute run into an Anarchy world, being shot at by a gang of Mambas to the point that I was down to 1 energy bank... Thank god I only had the cassette, so got the "instadock" :D

A friend of mine who had the otherwise enviable disk version had to get much closer to the coriolis, and then wait forever whilst it orientated itself and flew in. Sometimes, it even actually docked without causing him damage ;)

Yep, 'C' it was... And many was the time that I was grateful to see the "S" appear as I was at the end of a 30 minute run into an Anarchy world, being shot at by a gang of Mambas to the point that I was down to 1 energy bank... Thank god I only had the cassette, so got the "instadock" :D
Yeah, I have similar memories of spamming the "J" key which made it way quicker to get into an Anarchy station "S" safe zone where I seem to recall the pursuers broke off. I don't remember a wing of Vipers flying out to engage them like they did to you if you shot the station by accident on final approach.

What did take about 30 minutes was leaving Anarchy stations and flying towards the star until you were mass locked by something and the "J" key wouldn't work, then using the military lasers to kill every target while it was still a single pixel in the distance, filling up on cargo and jumping to a Corporate State.

That was about the most profitable activity I found, bounties plus free cargo margins.

Last edited:
Top Bottom