Notice April Update - Known Issues (24/04/2019)

I just want to keep the Canopy nerf front and center for FD's eyes on Monday morning.

Please let us know if everyone's canopy really has been halved in hit points (and if so, for heaven's sake why?! Canopies need a buff, not a nerf) or if it's just a display change.

"Buying/selling commodities is now faster – whilst using a mouse it will incrementally speed up, and when selling it will default to the maximum amount you have in your hold "

Is this supposed to be fixed? It isn't for me, and it's absolute unplayable torture trying to fill a large hold right now.

I really hope the power priority bug is fixed ASAP too. Also... does anyone know if a bug has been reported with various panes freezing up? I've had this trying to lock onto a target in Navigation most often, but sometimes had freezes trying to launch my SLF or correct Module priority issues.

Guest193293

G
You can't change individual settings on console (PS4 Pro in my case) and switching to performance mode doesn't help either. As soon as you get closer than 8km to any station, the frame rate drops below 30, often by a lot.
Yes, and once you get inside the framerate must be at ~20/15.
There is also a commodities market bug where after a few minutes the selection is glitched, going up and down and it just reset itself at the top/bottom and you need to scroll through again. Also had one where I could see the market but could not select anything and scroll through it, I had to refresh/re-select one of the filters; had another one where when I selected a commodity to buy and the small screen popped up, the selection was still behind stuck on the market screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buing/selling commodities is a pain in the neck. I´m USING the mouse, as I did before the update. The acceleration routine was implemented before. Now it´s gone and I have to wait ages to fill my cutter or have to ruin my mouse resp. my finger. I don´t understand how such bugs make it into an update. Or are we in a Beta without telling us? I know, such things have happened before and will happen again. Seems to me, the devs / programmers work their modules but are loosing overview. And the mentioned buy / sell routine obviously wasn´t checked, perhaps due to a lack of time, too much stress or simply no interest ( well, it´s kind of beta, we will see, what shows up in the first week...) I don´t hope for the latter.

@leifhansson -- I have found that using the keyboard -- D to increase and S to decrease the item count in the Buy/Sell UI -- is a way to get the accelerated value entry,* though it tends to be a bit clumsy, at least for me, as I have to use mouse, keyboard AND joystick to complete the transaction. Previously I could use the mouse alone.

*Thanks to Para Handy for that suggestion.

@leifhansson -- I have found that using the keyboard -- D to increase and S to decrease the item count in the Buy/Sell UI -- is a way to get the accelerated value entry,* though it tends to be a bit clumsy, at least for me, as I have to use mouse, keyboard AND joystick to complete the transaction. Previously I could use the mouse alone.

*Thanks to Para Handy for that suggestion.
I'm using the keyboard as a workaround too but just to note; it is faster than using the mouse but still not accellerated ie the qty does not go up by an increasingly faster rate the longer the button is held down for.

The buy/sell accelleration is missing, but also the rate of change is different depending on controller method - both issues should be rectified or justified.

I just want to keep the Canopy nerf front and center for FD's eyes on Monday morning.

Please let us know if everyone's canopy really has been halved in hit points (and if so, for heaven's sake why?! Canopies need a buff, not a nerf) or if it's just a display change.
Good morning FD. Any news on what’s up with the canopy nerf? Is it really a nerf or just a display change. Please don’t leave us twisting in the wind.

Hello Commanders,

We have been monitoring the feedback you've been making here on the forums, across social media and on the Issue Tracker. We wanted to give you an update on some of the concerns and bugs that have been raised.
  • Drag Munitions
    • Based on your feedback, we will revert the change that we made to Drag Munitions, changing them back to how they worked prior to the April Update. However, this is something we may look to revisit in the future.
Yeah about this one...again. I'm glad (relieved actually) that this is going to be rolled back. And again, like you really need another opinion. This time though, I had a hunch and did some homework with some interesting results.

On a whim this past weekend, I bought and built an Anaconda just for this update, with CZs and Haz Res in mind.

I had a (as in one single) C3 G5 High Cap Frag, that I simply changed from incendiary effect to drag effect. I went to high pop. systems in both war and civil war, hopping from CZ to CZ. I didn't require docking for restock in times under 2 hours. The restock was more for heat sinks and SCBs than anything else. In a Haz Res, I averaged 4+ hours before restock. My best time was well over 5 hours and this is with a ship that only has 2 of 8 weapons with G5 engineering. With a slight change to just 1 or 2 optional internals and full stores of specific raw mats, I'm reasonably sure I could literally extend those hours to day(s.) Since the team "may look to revisit in the future," they really, really need to look at drag effect and the weapons where this choice available. I'd highly recommend a very public beta test prior to live release too.

Rooks o7

Last edited:
I'm using the keyboard as a workaround too but just to note; it is faster than using the mouse but still not accellerated ie the qty does not go up by an increasingly faster rate the longer the button is held down for.

The buy/sell accelleration is missing, but also the rate of change is different depending on controller method - both issues should be rectified or justified.
Skinner Box. Push the lever for the treat.

Dear developers, the performance has taken a huge hit even on consoles. Xbox One X player here, using the game in 1080p mode but within space stations the framerate tanks to around 20 fps, it's barely playable. I hope you can fix it very soon. Issue submitted here. (Calling all Xbox users who experience similar problems to confirm it via the link.)

New details about the FPS drops, if it can help :
  • I didn't noticed performances drops in my home station Diaguandri > Ray Gateway > Coriolis Type
  • But indeed I've noticed huge performances drops in another station Laksak > Stjepan Seljan Hub > Orbis Type
So, maybe this bug is not only related to FX Quality...?

Seriously, you didn't test this update at all, it took me 10min ingame to notice every known issues.
The game in this state is completely broken and unplayable, it's unacceptable, did you gave the work to some interns or what ?
Any estimation when the hotfix will be deployed ? "Hotfix" means extremely urgent, not a week later...

Do you know Warframe, the game for Digital Extremes ? When they deploy a big update, there's always some minor bugs (not major issues like Elite now), well, they fix it in the hour, rebooting servers and applying updates every hours after if needed... It's just an example...

It has been addressed. Is your canopy actually any weaker? Is it more likely to break now than before?
But everyone knows that the difference between 100 and 50 is much bigger than that between 50 and zero, emotionally anyway so therefore the canopy is weaker because we feel that it is weaker.

On another issue I feel sorry for whoever has to sort out the priorities problem, I just logged and my settings were unchanged, did a 7 jump trip and arrived with no changes, dropped out at a USS and then cruised to a planet where most settings were as before but a few had changed including one of two identical AFMUs one set to 2 the other to 3 which had now switched to 1, reset and when I had finished stooging around at the next drop to a station all priorities were at 1. Must be so much fun when the symptoms of an issue are almost random.

Top Bottom