Notice April Update - Known Issues (24/04/2019)

Hello Commanders,

We have been monitoring the feedback you've been making here on the forums, across social media and on the Issue Tracker. We wanted to give you an update on some of the concerns and bugs that have been raised.
  • Drag Munitions
    • Based on your feedback, we will revert the change that we made to Drag Munitions, changing them back to how they worked prior to the April Update. However, this is something we may look to revisit in the future.
Yeah about this one...again. I'm glad (relieved actually) that this is going to be rolled back. And again, like you really need another opinion. This time though, I had a hunch and did some homework with some interesting results.

On a whim this past weekend, I bought and built an Anaconda just for this update, with CZs and Haz Res in mind.

I had a (as in one single) C3 G5 High Cap Frag, that I simply changed from incendiary effect to drag effect. I went to high pop. systems in both war and civil war, hopping from CZ to CZ. I didn't require docking for restock in times under 2 hours. The restock was more for heat sinks and SCBs than anything else. In a Haz Res, I averaged 4+ hours before restock. My best time was well over 5 hours and this is with a ship that only has 2 of 8 weapons with G5 engineering. With a slight change to just 1 or 2 optional internals and full stores of specific raw mats, I'm reasonably sure I could literally extend those hours to day(s.) Since the team "may look to revisit in the future," they really, really need to look at drag effect and the weapons where this choice available. I'd highly recommend a very public beta test prior to live release too.

Rooks o7

Last edited:
I'm using the keyboard as a workaround too but just to note; it is faster than using the mouse but still not accellerated ie the qty does not go up by an increasingly faster rate the longer the button is held down for.

The buy/sell accelleration is missing, but also the rate of change is different depending on controller method - both issues should be rectified or justified.
Skinner Box. Push the lever for the treat.

Dear developers, the performance has taken a huge hit even on consoles. Xbox One X player here, using the game in 1080p mode but within space stations the framerate tanks to around 20 fps, it's barely playable. I hope you can fix it very soon. Issue submitted here. (Calling all Xbox users who experience similar problems to confirm it via the link.)

New details about the FPS drops, if it can help :
  • I didn't noticed performances drops in my home station Diaguandri > Ray Gateway > Coriolis Type
  • But indeed I've noticed huge performances drops in another station Laksak > Stjepan Seljan Hub > Orbis Type
So, maybe this bug is not only related to FX Quality...?

Seriously, you didn't test this update at all, it took me 10min ingame to notice every known issues.
The game in this state is completely broken and unplayable, it's unacceptable, did you gave the work to some interns or what ?
Any estimation when the hotfix will be deployed ? "Hotfix" means extremely urgent, not a week later...

Do you know Warframe, the game for Digital Extremes ? When they deploy a big update, there's always some minor bugs (not major issues like Elite now), well, they fix it in the hour, rebooting servers and applying updates every hours after if needed... It's just an example...

It has been addressed. Is your canopy actually any weaker? Is it more likely to break now than before?

But everyone knows that the difference between 100 and 50 is much bigger than that between 50 and zero, emotionally anyway so therefore the canopy is weaker because we feel that it is weaker.

On another issue I feel sorry for whoever has to sort out the priorities problem, I just logged and my settings were unchanged, did a 7 jump trip and arrived with no changes, dropped out at a USS and then cruised to a planet where most settings were as before but a few had changed including one of two identical AFMUs one set to 2 the other to 3 which had now switched to 1, reset and when I had finished stooging around at the next drop to a station all priorities were at 1. Must be so much fun when the symptoms of an issue are almost random.

I've recently been getting an oddity since the patch. Seems when I execute the FSD to jump it states I'm getting ready to jump, but the timer icon flashes and disappears as if it suddenly turned off. Just noticed this recently (not sure if it's the patch or not). Either way, I'm now finding myself having to hit the FSD 2x now quite often just to jump to another system. It happens about once every 3 or so times? Am I the only one having this issue now?

Any updates on the estimated date for the hotfix? The module priorities resetting is incredibly annoying and makes the game more tiring for a combat pilot like me...

Any updates on the estimated date for the hotfix? The module priorities resetting is incredibly annoying and makes the game more tiring for a combat pilot like me...

This bug makes the game virtually unplayable. Engaging in combat and finding your harpoints powered down puts you in a very dangerous situation with a good chance to face an expensive rebuy. And we all know that almost all activites in Elite Dangerous (even peaceful ones) can put you in a hostile confrontation at any time.

releases are usually on a tuesday so I guess it's next week?

I mean dont expect the community team to talk to the community that's not in their remit......

any ETA yet? I'm sure I'm not the only player stuck out in deep space with an exploration build that was totally borked by this update (looking in your direction DW2 participants).

I'm pretty much out and can't play until the shield turning on and module priority bug is fixed.

[edit] looks like I'm not the only one asking this.

any ETA yet? I'm sure I'm not the only player stuck out in deep space with an exploration build that was totally borked by this update..

Forgive my ignorance, but how has the latest update got you stuck out in deep space? Are you unable to jump?

any ETA yet? I'm sure I'm not the only player stuck out in deep space with an exploration build that was totally borked by this update (looking in your direction DW2 participants).

I'm pretty much out and can't play until the shield turning on and module priority bug is fixed.

[edit] looks like I'm not the only one asking this.
Just Disable it for now.... (Not sure if the bug will re-enable it) but worth a try.

Forgive my ignorance, but how has the latest update got you stuck out in deep space? Are you unable to jump?

pretty much. The power plant in my ship produces enough power to only run the shields if the FSD/fuel scoop/FSD booster is off. I normally don't have my shields turned on and when I do I'm not in the middle of an FSD jump so this is normally not a problem. I have priorities set to disable FSD/fuel scoop/FSD booster lower than shields and just turn off shields unless I'm landing somewhere.

With module priorities resetting to 1 and shield turning on on its own, at best, I can't jump until I reset priorities EVERY TIME, and at worst I'm wasting emergency air until I can get the shields turned off and reset my module priorities....and if I happen to get disconnected at a hairy moment, I may be reconnecting to a rebuy screen.

Last edited:
Just Disable it for now.... (Not sure if the bug will re-enable it) but worth a try.

can't. it gets reenabled and priorities get reset all the time (either every login or every jump...can't remember). Not going to take the chance of getting disconnected an an inopportune moment and logging back in with everything reset and no power.

Top Bottom