Notice April Update - Known Issues (24/04/2019)

I've recently been getting an oddity since the patch. Seems when I execute the FSD to jump it states I'm getting ready to jump, but the timer icon flashes and disappears as if it suddenly turned off. Just noticed this recently (not sure if it's the patch or not). Either way, I'm now finding myself having to hit the FSD 2x now quite often just to jump to another system. It happens about once every 3 or so times? Am I the only one having this issue now?

Any updates on the estimated date for the hotfix? The module priorities resetting is incredibly annoying and makes the game more tiring for a combat pilot like me...

Any updates on the estimated date for the hotfix? The module priorities resetting is incredibly annoying and makes the game more tiring for a combat pilot like me...
This bug makes the game virtually unplayable. Engaging in combat and finding your harpoints powered down puts you in a very dangerous situation with a good chance to face an expensive rebuy. And we all know that almost all activites in Elite Dangerous (even peaceful ones) can put you in a hostile confrontation at any time.

releases are usually on a tuesday so I guess it's next week?

I mean dont expect the community team to talk to the community that's not in their remit......

any ETA yet? I'm sure I'm not the only player stuck out in deep space with an exploration build that was totally borked by this update (looking in your direction DW2 participants).

I'm pretty much out and can't play until the shield turning on and module priority bug is fixed.

[edit] looks like I'm not the only one asking this.

any ETA yet? I'm sure I'm not the only player stuck out in deep space with an exploration build that was totally borked by this update..
Forgive my ignorance, but how has the latest update got you stuck out in deep space? Are you unable to jump?

any ETA yet? I'm sure I'm not the only player stuck out in deep space with an exploration build that was totally borked by this update (looking in your direction DW2 participants).

I'm pretty much out and can't play until the shield turning on and module priority bug is fixed.

[edit] looks like I'm not the only one asking this.
Just Disable it for now.... (Not sure if the bug will re-enable it) but worth a try.

Forgive my ignorance, but how has the latest update got you stuck out in deep space? Are you unable to jump?
pretty much. The power plant in my ship produces enough power to only run the shields if the FSD/fuel scoop/FSD booster is off. I normally don't have my shields turned on and when I do I'm not in the middle of an FSD jump so this is normally not a problem. I have priorities set to disable FSD/fuel scoop/FSD booster lower than shields and just turn off shields unless I'm landing somewhere.

With module priorities resetting to 1 and shield turning on on its own, at best, I can't jump until I reset priorities EVERY TIME, and at worst I'm wasting emergency air until I can get the shields turned off and reset my module priorities....and if I happen to get disconnected at a hairy moment, I may be reconnecting to a rebuy screen.

Last edited:
Just Disable it for now.... (Not sure if the bug will re-enable it) but worth a try.
can't. it gets reenabled and priorities get reset all the time (either every login or every jump...can't remember). Not going to take the chance of getting disconnected an an inopportune moment and logging back in with everything reset and no power.

Ah, yes that priorities thing. It seems to happen to me on log in and drop out from SC (but, oddly enough, jumping from system to system does not seem to affect it - at least not that I have noticed so far).

Hello Commanders,

We have been monitoring the feedback you've been making here on the forums, across social media and on the Issue Tracker. We wanted to give you an update on some of the concerns and bugs that have been raised.
  • Drag Munitions
    • Based on your feedback, we will revert the change that we made to Drag Munitions, changing them back to how they worked prior to the April Update. However, this is something we may look to revisit in the future.
  • Frame Rate Issues
    • We believe the cause of this is down to the 'FX Quality' setting in the graphics options. We're currently investigating a fix for the issue, but would recommend lowering your graphics settings in the meantime.
  • We are also investigating fixes for these known issues:
    • SRV damage multiplying when in multiplayer sessions
    • Module priorities resetting
    • Shield module turning on (after previously being deactivated)
    • ‘Restock All’ quick option not functioning
    • Buying/selling commodities is now faster – whilst using a mouse it will incrementally speed up, and when selling it will default to the maximum amount you have in your hold
We are not able to give you an exact date on when the patch with these fixes will be deployed, but aim to release it next week. As mentioned, investigations for these fixes are ongoing so times are subject to change.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Thank you.

I am relatively-new player and this is maybe the 2nd or 3rd patch I've gone through, but most certainly the biggest one in terms of change log.

The thing I cannot "unsee" once considering the bugs that were introduced is that it looks like just major lack of care, personnell etc. which would be simply unbelievable for a product of this caliber and the clientele it already has. It's tough to think something like the priority modules and the 10cr restock (just to name two?) were not seen in even a simple quality-assurance test before patch deployment.

The worst part is that my real-life experience (+age) makes it terribly hard to find reasons other than the horrible ones I mentioned above. I really, really, really want to be wrong but I do work with companies (gaming companies as well) who do have young people, seasoned people, different teams etc.. and.. well we don't want to get into that discussion. I like to think that my experience has been terrible and I am biased.

Please, Frontier Developments: don't be "those people"! You are capable of projecting a good image of your team and their hard work, from the outside.. do the same from the inside (much harder, I know, especially in the social-media era)

Shortcuts in this (or other business) don't pay off, we all know that.

I am sure they will be releasing the fix this week, as they stated. But bear in mind the amount of pressure now is unbearable as everyone is looking at them (I would never want to be put in this situation in my daily job.. no matter the money!)

Last edited:
Please, Frontier Developments: don't be "those people"! You are capable of projecting a good image of your team and their hard work, from the outside.. do the same from the inside (much harder, I know, especially in the social-media era)
Unfortunately, Frontier has painted a picture of a company not being interested in stability of their products in any way.

There are bugs - not glitches - still present for months if not years.

There have been months in which there was constant complaints on a daily basis, then a fix which was commented in the way of 'we just discovered' - which in turn led to user comments like 'how about playing your own game once in a while?'.

Elite is a wonderful thing. Quality management by frontier is not.

I second your notion in asking Frontier politely to raise their quality standards. The last update was a joke, most people I encountered are not anticipating updates but planning ahead in terms of not using Elite for a week or two. To quote one: "I am not here to beta test their updates".

So...

GOOD WORK @ ELITE, FRONTIER DEVELOPMENTS!
... not so in making sure your users don't lose ships by reset modules after an update and other frustrating stuff. You can do better.

Top Bottom