Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 1

EDIT : also when FSS seems to work, zooming out from a group of bodies or a body recenters on the parent body, making it very annoying when scanning bodies spread around a gas giant. It always recenters and you have to move the mouse even further away, very frustrating and counter-intuitive.
IIRC this was the original behaviour during the beta testing and it was changed prior to release due to the complaints so it zoomed out while maintaining focus on the body just scanned.

Re-reverting it back to the way we liked it pre-April-patch shouldn't be too difficult :)

Finally came across the FSS corruption bug; the objects in question were orbiting a star 464,000 Ls away. Decided to fly towards it and mark of every 50,000Ls starting at 400,000Ls. Once I was within 350,000Ls I could scan successfully, so the distance the bug stopped happening for me was somewhere between 350,000-400,000Ls.

This is interesting since the user from the video I posted had the issue at 280,000Ls, while I never had come across the issue until now. Seems distance related, but it isn't always the same distances that this occurs at :unsure:

EDIT: Should of read MatYNWA's comment better (sorry!), could well be not related to distance (Certain angles of scan in relation to the primary star and the one your scanning...who knows?).

Last edited:
Finally came across the FSS corruption bug; the objects in question were orbiting a star 464,000 Ls away. Decided to fly towards it and mark of every 50,000Ls starting at 400,000Ls. Once I was within 350,000Ls I could scan successfully, so the distance the bug stopped happening for me was somewhere between 350,000-400,000Ls.

This is interesting since the user from the video I posted had the issue at 280,000Ls, while I never had come across the issue until now. Seems distance related, but it isn't always the same distances that this occurs at :unsure:

EDIT: Should of read MatYNWA's comment better (sorry!), could well be not related to distance (Certain angles of scan in relation to the primary star and the one your scanning...who knows?).

That's my experience also, I tested it with signals just over 380kls away and 100kls away. The first one, the 380kls one I just SC'd up to 20kls away, slowed down and the FSS worked fine. The second I tested at various distances, 60kls, 40kls and 20kls, both 60 and 40 failed but at 20kls the FSS worked fine on a signal that was otherwise impossible to scan. Yes it's not always the same distances, but I suspect it is distance related and also related to the layout of the signals in the area we are trying to scan. Normally a signal to close or hidden by another body would simply "fail to resolve" and you would need to move to clear the obstruction so I think this is related to both the target signal layout and distance.

EDIT : also when FSS seems to work, zooming out from a group of bodies or a body recenters on the parent body, making it very annoying when scanning bodies spread around a gas giant. It always recenters and you have to move the mouse even further away, very frustrating and counter-intuitive.
IIRC this was the original behaviour during the beta testing and it was changed prior to release due to the complaints so it zoomed out while maintaining focus on the body just scanned.
The odd thing is that while I remember this being reported when the FSS was first available, I'm almost certain I never experienced it myself at the time. I put it down to one of those weird bugs that only happens with certain combinations of GPU / controller / custom settings. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe it got "fixed" as I was learning the FSS ropes and I just assumed I'd got better with the controls. ;)

But now it seems to be back for everyone. I've already started to reprogram my muscle memory to compensate, and given enough time I'm sure I'd get used to it, but it's very unwieldy. I'll be more than happy to see this one reverted.

Is missions fixed yet (server side?) or are we still waiting for the April Update Patch Patch (client side)...?
I don't want to accept more missions that will timeout.

Game still hangs when exiting to desktop. I have to manually end the task with the Windows 10 task manager.
Same here, been that way since the April Debacle. It also hangs for me when trying to relog to the Main Menu, which is really annoying because that is a standard procedure for re-instancing the game in various scenarios.

Thanks to FSS bug, i've already waved couple of ELWs and WWs off on the way back to the bubble.
Congrats in advance to the cmdrs who will come across those planets and wonder why they are not tagged when ordinary icy planets are. :confused:

The "Repair all" not fixing paint is intentional and was implemented after initially fixing up Paint as well automatically.
Some like (me included btw.) having those "scars of long hauls" on many of their Ships, so blame folks like me for the current state of having to manually fix the paint.

Oh, didnt know that. Thank you for explaining :) (Makes some sense now btw!)

Re-reverting it back to the way we liked it pre-April-patch shouldn't be too difficult :)
Or allowing players to use an optional module that would allow greater level of selecting their tools to carry out eploration. Have ADS as an optional module.
Please visit a Suggestion subsection thread "Allow use of pre 3.3 ADS". We have covered quite some ground in terms of coming up with solutions, balance and suggestions as to how to make it work and hopefuly make it easier to think of ways of doing just that. Allow explorers to choose their playstyle reintroducing ADS and keeping the FSS so that everyone is happy.
There have already been quite a few threads asking about ADS being reintroduced.

ED is starting to look suspiciously like Anthem, with every feature added or update released the game becomes more broken.
I don't know where this is going but it's hugely affecting my enthusiasm for this game.
I'm not saying the game is doomed, but it's definitely not getting better imho.
Some bugs are years old for crying out loud but nothing is done about them.

I wish Fdev would stop adding stuff and concentrate on a better quality of what's been released.
One can hope but I'm not gonna hold my breath to be honest.
Such a shame, ED used to be my all time favorite game....

large ships : (eg: t9's ) are have a tough time to fully get into mail slots,they get through the outsection ok, but seem to bounce of ground entering land pads Area .Doesn't really cause too much damaged,on AD computer on.

Ships landing gear are still going through launch pad floor, which causes that weird leap when landed .
Autodock , the booster is repeatly working, if I dock be luck if i get 1 boost.(piority not set)

Last edited:
Hi, is somebody here, who could be so kind and enter an issue into the issue tracker for me? I gave up. Issue tracker not working for me, neither does the ticket creation and did I mention this ridiculous google-captcha-thing? Kind of an illness these days. I am trying since days to enter an issue to indicate the problem of the lost priority on thrusters (the others are fixed with the patch). I already thought of buying a ticket and visit frontier directly (although I didn't try a dove, maybe :unsure:).

You could try it out before entering an issue. Just set the priority to 2, jump into another system and have a look. I think it would be a good idea to have this one as well in the bug list for future patches.

Hi, is somebody here, who could be so kind and enter an issue into the issue tracker for me? I gave up. Issue tracker not working for me, neither does the ticket creation and did I mention this ridiculous google-captcha-thing? Kind of an illness these days. I am trying since days to enter an issue to indicate the problem of the lost priority on thrusters (the others are fixed with the patch). I already thought of buying a ticket and visit frontier directly (although I didn't try a dove, maybe :unsure:).

You could try it out before entering an issue. Just set the priority to 2, jump into another system and have a look. I think it would be a good idea to have this one as well in the bug list for future patches.
that supposed to been fixed!!

Top Bottom