Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 2

Have you tried closing the ED exe from task manager then restarting the game? (I'm making a huge assumption you're using a PC ;) )
Yes, of course. The only way to end the game is task manager! It does not help. I opened a ticket. I don't know where my core game data is even stored on my pc. I would love to un-patch and then re-patch. I don't know if that is even possible.

I get to the main window. But when I load the game ...blacksreeen with "connection error"

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 266
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 248
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 259
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 281
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 253
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 266
is there any way to UN-patch and then re-patch again?

Game data is stored on the server

You can't reapply the patch - Uninstall the game, then reinstall. Probably worth running the 'check files' option in the launcher first if you haven't already.

And did you open a support ticket or report to the issue tracker? You should open a support ticket, issues won't help you.

For thos having problems loading the game on PC, try disabling all other network adapters (virtual or real) other than the one you are actually using to play Elite. Also enable UPNP in the router even if you are port forwarding manually. (that doesn't work properly anymore it seems)

I had lots of loading issues but they were resolved by enabling UPNP on the router and disabling a VirtualBox network adapter (Elite actually tried to use that as network interface)

For thos having problems loading the game on PC, try disabling all other network adapters (virtual or real) other than the one you are actually using to play Elite. Also enable UPNP in the router even if you are port forwarding manually. (that doesn't work properly anymore it seems)

I had lots of loading issues but they were resolved by enabling UPNP on the router and disabling a VirtualBox network adapter (Elite actually tried to use that as network interface)
This sounds very complicated to me.

If you use steam, check file validation via Steam interface (Right click the game in Steam Library -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify File Integrity). If you dont use steam, open the ED launcher and verify installation in the option menu.
Thank you all very much. The launcher is re-patching now after the ED Launcher checked...

It is not going past the 50% synchronisation range. The picture is also frozen. I don't understand this.

You are downloading from the FD servers directly. Some people have reported issues with this ever since ED launched. In that case I personally recommend using the Steam servers instead (it is also MUCH faster for many people who can use the FD launcher!). You can find the instructions here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/359320/discussions/0/487877107132139130/

In your case I kinda suspect there is some file corruption that is affecting both the game and the updater. If you dont want to use Steam, I suggest competely uninstalling ED and re-installing from scratch. I've had this happen with other games as well and this usually fixes it as well, clumsy as it is. Sorry to hear about your struggles!

You are downloading from the FD servers directly. Some people have reported issues with this ever since ED launched. In that case I personally recommend using the Steam servers instead (it is also MUCH faster for many people who can use the FD launcher!). You can find the instructions here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/359320/discussions/0/487877107132139130/

In your case I kinda suspect there is some file corruption that is affecting both the game and the updater. If you dont want to use Steam, I suggest competely uninstalling ED and re-installing from scratch. I've had this happen with other games as well and this usually fixes it as well, clumsy as it is. Sorry to hear about your struggles!

Back up your keybinds before uninstalling.

For me, the FSS is not completely fixed yet. Sometimes, I will zoom in to an object, be it a body, asteroid field or transmission, and the screen seems to scroll, moving the target away from my cursor.

Occasionally, it also seems to do a little jump - can't think of a better way to describe it.

Should I bug report it, or is posting here enough for others and Devs?

Last edited:
Oh yes finally the roadma..ahahaha ah no.
Oh wait, finaly an updta...ahahaha ah no.

You really shuld change title with Bug Fix instead "update" cuz there is no update there.

For me, the FSS is not completely fixed yet. Sometimes, I will zoom in to an object, be it a body, asteroid field or transmission, and the screen seems to scroll, moving the target away from my cursor.

Occasionally, it also seems to do a little jump - can't think of a better way to describe it.

Should I bug report it, or is posting here enough for others and Devs?
Add confirmation to the existing bug report or vote it up, is probably the best thing to do.

Not sure exactly what's causing it, or if anyone else is experiencing it, but when I go to the materials trader the list doesn't load. Just the retrieving list text and animation shows. Left it for 5-10 minutes and it was still going.

Top Bottom