Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch Notes

flying one of the most expensive ships
done all the grinding for it to obtain it
spend allot of hours to get it

shot down by the cheapest ships there are in the game

a wing of 3 sidewinders take down a corvette yeahh nice work
hope that there will be a fix for that also

balance ??? o yeah its elite dangerous there is no balance in the game :eek:;)

"Permaboost" isn't a real issue like you think it is. Grape made one popular video about it that has been this community's equivalent of a study saying vaccines cause autism. Its misinformed, overly popular, and has hurt the overall discourse. If you don't want to take my word for it go look at some examples of great flying and watch the ENG capacitor, Yamato posted in this thread and his youtube would be a good place to start.
Grape is an awesome pilot, and so you are you, but I don't need anyone to tell me what my eyes can see for themselves, and knew before Grapes video. Go check the comments on that video btw, and you'll see I had some caveats for Alex, which are my same ones I'll tell you since they apply here. Namely: watch the ENG capacitor on which ship? The Ferdie? The Chieftain? The Krait? The Conda? The Cobra? The Eagle? The little Sidewinder? These will all have different capacitor behavior with same pip settings. Please try this: go put a Sidewinder with an 1A engineered distributor, and try to get it to the max speed listed in the stats (without using gravity assist). Then go do the same in Ferdie, or a Krait, or even a Conda.

The permaboost would be acceptably broken if it applied to all ships with a similar degree of engineering. However we all know that the little ships can't perma boost while the big and most medium ship can. Haven't flown the Mamba because I hate its face, but I recall the primary complaint when it launched was that it didn't have permaboost... so I have to disagree. If people are relying on permaboost for agility, then the game is clearly broken on some level. Especially when ships whose only marketable strength is their agility (small ships) can barely keep pace with fast medium ships even with 4 pips to ENG, and can even get chased down when they dare to stack armor.

So I have to respectfully disagree. Permaboost is exactly the problem that I think it is. It's a crutch for medium and large ships, and an albatross around the neck of small ships.

Hey some of us prefer the virtual reality to the real one. Nothing wrong with that. In fact, if you could upload my consciousness to ED, I'd be fine mining opals and killing pirates into eternity. Especially with occasional updates ;)

that combining evasion with TLB can cut down on your Pac DPS by 30 to 60%.

lolwut? overlooked this one. my evasion of plasma is next to 100%, and that's without tlb. you come with plasmas at me (small ship, light build) you better make them focused or long for your dps to get to 20%, else it's going to be zero. no, i'm not a pvp pro, i don't even pvp in elite anymore. :D

a frag pellet shower, however, is another matter. i always found that weapon absolutely dumb and lame.

I'm having a chilled beer.
In the garden.
It is nice. (y)
Cockpit cat & I are out in the garden too, me with a can of Pepsi Max, Titan is sleeping off this morning's bird. Son is 'endurance testing' his new gaming chair (early birthday pressie we assembled this morning).
A9iIg6v.jpg

Last edited:
I feel almost like the Episode in Beavis and Butt-head, where their TV breaks down. The first 30 seconds they are sort of fine, but then Beavis starts acting really weird, saying strange noises, becoming even paler, drooling and shaking uncontrollably.

Relax only a couple of hours to go before we can all overload the download servers.

Can someone let me know when this morning the servers when down to do this 8 hour update? This is the only day all I week i have in which I could spend time to play, so Id like to find out in hopes of planning something to do till I can log in proper.

Can someone let me know when this morning the servers when down to do this 8 hour update? This is the only day all I week i have in which I could spend time to play, so Id like to find out in hopes of planning something to do till I can log in proper.

They went down around 6-7 hours ago.

10am UK time, about an hour to go for the 8 hours

I wonder when Frontier will focus on the gameplay for players instead of the lame and boring story?

Last edited:
Top Bottom