Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch Notes

So I have to respectfully disagree. Permaboost is exactly the problem that I think it is. It's a crutch for medium and large ships, and an albatross around the neck of small ships.

This is really a remarkable thread, literally every single PvP pilot has unanimously pointed out the errors in your posts and you stubbornly cling to this weird resentment of the meta and the strange notion this drag change will somehow alleviate or at least change it. You insist we simply don't understand your points despite us meticulously quoting and refuting them.

Defense inflation is a much larger problem for small ships than permaboost. A 20MJ cutter/vette/whatever pilot can literally go have lunch while a Courier or Viper chips away at the health pool. The notion large ships can maneuver with a well flown Viper or Courier due to permaboost is laughable.

Sure permaboosting FdLs are extremely powerful. But more than permaboost it has as much to do with the extra utils, the increased boost multiplier vs. all ships but viper, and one of the best sets of hardpoint converge in the game.

Grape is an awesome pilot, and so you are you, but I don't need anyone to tell me what my eyes can see for themselves, and knew before Grapes video. Go check the comments on that video btw, and you'll see I had some caveats for Alex, which are my same ones I'll tell you since they apply here. Namely: watch the ENG capacitor on which ship? The Ferdie? The Chieftain? The Krait? The Conda? The Cobra? The Eagle? The little Sidewinder? These will all have different capacitor behavior with same pip settings. Please try this: go put a Sidewinder with an 1A engineered distributor, and try to get it to the max speed listed in the stats (without using gravity assist). Then go do the same in Ferdie, or a Krait, or even a Conda.

The permaboost would be acceptably broken if it applied to all ships with a similar degree of engineering. However we all know that the little ships can't perma boost while the big and most medium ship can. Haven't flown the Mamba because I hate its face, but I recall the primary complaint when it launched was that it didn't have permaboost... so I have to disagree. If people are relying on permaboost for agility, then the game is clearly broken on some level. Especially when ships whose only marketable strength is their agility (small ships) can barely keep pace with fast medium ships even with 4 pips to ENG, and can even get chased down when they dare to stack armor.

So I have to respectfully disagree. Permaboost is exactly the problem that I think it is. It's a crutch for medium and large ships, and an albatross around the neck of small ships.

You remind me of that ubiquitous guy wearing an XXL replica football shirt - to be found in any given sports bar - explaining what Lionel Messi should have done when he misses a chance to score!

Incidentally, I've noticed that the only people who upvote your comments are the ones who know sod-all about PvP - a salient point since PvP is the zenith of the combat discipline in this game; I guess they took you at face value that you know what you're talking about due to your air of confidence...however misplaced that may be! 😁

This is what i get when i hit the restock all button

54815560362864a47.png

Here we go more Rubbish. All I can see is server error on Docking. Also some fancy Symbols on the maps and control changes. For all the effort poured into this update sofar I can say RUBBISH. Frontier get your Fingers out and add something worthwhile.

Top Bottom