Arid Animal Pack, what do we think of it now?

So now that it’s been a few weeks since the release of the Arid Animal Pack and the “honeymoon” phase is over, i wanted to know how everyone’s feeling with the pack.

Is it worth it? Do you still dislike any of the animals or think they’re not necessary? Me personally I’ve warmed up to most of the animals, still wish we got a WE animal instead of the regular exhibit, and I think the Dama Gazelle wasn’t needed and could’ve been traded out for a more exciting animal/ungulate.

100 percent should’ve got the Secretary. Most of the other animals I’m happy with, could’ve missed the dama gazelle and the viper and gotten maybe a walkthrough animal like you said

The exclusion of the baboon was a crime, and ill die on that hill.

But in all sincerity, my opinion is still pretty much the same. Every animal is beautiful (easily among the highest quality animals) and a perfectly fine inclusion in a vacuum, however put together the pack is just meh to me.
I got kinda bored building for them pretty quickly since 5/7 of them are usually housed in pretty plain and empty paddocks (Obv this is only a problem if you like to build realistic, like i do).

Is it worth it? Well thats for everyone to deceide on their own. Even its among my least favorite packs, its still worth to get imo, just a little less worth that most others :D

The dama is such a wasted slot. Even if they were having more clones because a lot of development was spent on the porcupine, they already had 4 ungulates and 1 of them was already an antelope. Even if it wasn't gonna be something cool like a baboon or Secretary I feel like a Honey badger or something could've easily been done.

Even if it was still an antelope we could've got a nilgai, blackbuck or saiga to at least get an antelope from a different area so we could build a bit differently for it. I really wanted an asian antelope but now I don't really because of how many antelopes we have, one of which could've been replaced with something better.

I had the same sorta gripe with the blue wilderbeest but cared less because it felt more visually striking (to me at least), it was the only ungulate, and because every other choice in pack was unique and awesome. In the case of the dama it just drags down an already mid pack.

I am super happy with it and I think that both Secretary bird and baboon were saved for some future packs because there are not so many popular animals left.
We’ve got the porcupine that everyone wanted I really don’t think we have anything to complain for.

i like most of the animals more than i did at reveal time - except the porcupine which i loved from the start. But I’d glady replace the Dama Gazelle with the secretary bird or Hamadryas Baboon.

They should’ve been international desert animals, e.g. drop the dama for a Secretary, no addax for a coyote, and maybe budgies as a WTE instead of the viper.

They should’ve been international desert animals, e.g. drop the dama for a Secretary, no addax for a coyote, and maybe budgies as a WTE instead of the viper.
I’ve warmed up to the Addax, it’s unique and seemed like an antelope that was wanted by the community

I dont really mind the fact that its african exlusive. I didnt have to many major desert wants outside of africa, namely the roadrunner, peccary and echidna. The later two arent even exlusively desert animals, so they might show up in other packs and the former is a bird so it probably wouldnt been included anyway if they included NA animals lol.

edit: I forgot the mara which would fit the arid theme i guess

I’m not happy that they stopped making the dlc worldwide. I really liked it when biome dlcs covered several continents.
Now it seems less likely we will get a desert dlc that can cover elsewhere in the world.
Im especially bummed that it was mostly hoofstock. There was opportunity for a baboon or Secretary bird.
I was happy to get the sand cat. Not a high priority but Il take the porcupine and dromedary. But the others I have had no use for other than my Sahara zoo.
Now I’m bummed that we got to wait a while for fall dlc as the typical release time has never been consistent for fall dlc and we wait longer then the others.

I’m not happy that they stopped making the dlc worldwide. I really liked it when biome dlcs covered several continents.
Now it seems less likely we will get a desert dlc that can cover elsewhere in the world.
Im especially bummed that it was mostly hoofstock. There was opportunity for a baboon or Secretary bird.
I was happy to get the sand cat. Not a high priority but Il take the porcupine and dromedary. But the others I have had no use for other than my Sahara zoo.
Now I’m bummed that we got to wait a while for fall dlc as the typical release time has never been consistent for fall dlc and we wait longer then the others.
The porcupine honestly just carries the entire pack for me, it’s the most popular and has the most unique behaviours and animations. As for the wait for the fall Pack, it might give them more time to work on stuff. Hopefully it’s worth the wait.

The wait between the conservation and twilight pack last year was longer so the halloween themed pack can be released close to halloween.
The NA animal pack the year before was released about 3 weeks earlier, so i guess it will be similar this year

I'm still feeling pretty mixed about it. The sand cat and the African-crested porcupine are two very welcome, unique additions for me. The dromedary and the black rhino weren't anything I really needed but I understand their inclusion as they're pretty essential for a zoo game! I'll even give them the addax.

That said, I can't help but feel like the remaining two habitat animals (dama gazelle, wild ass) could have been swapped out for species that provide a bit more variety to the pack. The baboon or secretary bird, for example. I almost want to say the collared peccary too but... It would have looked even odder if it had 6 African animals and one from Central America. Haha.

I'm not mad about any of the animals added. They're different enough and the way they look is absolutely stunning. I'm glad I bought the pack... But I can't help but feel like it would have been better if they had opted for a bit more variety.

In other words: I think it was good, but it could have been great with 2-3 different animals.

Great quality animals. Love all the ungulates. Still think i would have replaced the cat with a baboon and the horned viper with a cobra.

And overall i would've prefered a more varied and international roster of animals from deserts all around the world.

My Ideal Arid Pack:

. African Crested Porcupine
. Coyote
. Dromedary
. Somali Wild Donkey
. Secretary
. Sand Cat
. Ringtail
. Exhibit Animal: Budgie (WTE)

Top Bottom