Notice ARX and Frontier Points Conversion

The desire to buy stuff abended. :(
It's been like that for me for the last 9 months. The quality of paint jobs has declined to a point where I feel no desire whatsoever to buy anything.
There was a time I used to buy paint jobs for ships I didn't even have because "this will look good on my ship one day"... But currently it's more like "there is no way I'm spending money on THAT".

ARX will only be available in packs and then added to your account total. Once a purchase has been made, you can use the leftovers towards another purchase, or save them and wait for your earned ARX to top you up.

Why I will never buy skins again. Arx are just a scam to get you to pay for more than what you want. If I can't buy enough just the item I want, I won't buy any ever. It's a scam, don't fall for it people. Let Arx die.

If you think Arx are a good idea, I happen to be a Nigerian prince and I need your help...

Last edited:
So Will earned 12 Arx on the livestream, 9 for 'Exploration' and 3 for 'Other'. Considering that Will spent a around 34 minutes in the pilot's seat (they re-log around the 9 minute mark, and log out around the 43 minute mark), we can assume that the Arx earned per hour for being somewhat active (there are periods where Will is talking to the camera rather than actually doing anything) will probably be around 20 Arx/hour, meaning 20 hours per week to reach the 400 Arx cap. Note that it will probably be possible to earn more Arx than this by actually playing the game without stopping to talk to the camera.

As for what the minimum Arx/hour would be for sitting AFK, if we assume that the 'Other' category is based entirely on time spent in game, we get a total of 5-6 Arx per hour for just being in the game. This means that the upper limit for the amount of time needed to reach the weekly 400 Arx cap would be around 70-80 hours, or about 10-12 hours every day sitting AFK. Again, it is important to note that it will be possible to improve your Arx per hour by actually playing the game.

On a side note, Will spent about 8 minutes of the livestream either sitting on the landing pad doing nothing or sitting in space not moving. With the entire time spent in the sidewinder coming to just under 34 minutes, we can assume that the amount of Arx earned on the livestream is only ~80% of what players would normally earn in the same period of time. If we take the new value (15 Arx for 34 minutes), the amount of Arx per hour increases to over 25 Arx per hour, meaning that the weekly Arx cap of 400 could be reached in 16 hours.

If ARX is the leveller?, I did a quick look comparing the value of GBP vs EUR vs USD. Found the results interesting. Is this ok or is there more to international currency variances than I realise.....

If you think Arx are a good idea, I happen to be a Nigerian prince and I need your help...

Arx are a great idea for the Devs! :D

I would never have bought skins anyway, and I won't buy any Arx, but I look forward to racking 'em in and getting my nameplates for free... like they should have been already. :}

As for what the minimum Arx/hour would be for sitting AFK, if we assume that the 'Other' category is based entirely on time spent in game, we get a total of 5-6 Arx per hour for just being in the game. This means that the upper limit for the amount of time needed to reach the weekly 400 Arx cap would be around 70-80 hours, or about 10-12 hours every day sitting AFK. Again, it is important to note that it will be possible to improve your Arx per hour by actually playing the game.

On a side note, Will spent about 8 minutes of the livestream either sitting on the landing pad doing nothing or sitting in space not moving. With the entire time spent in the sidewinder coming to just under 34 minutes, we can assume that the amount of Arx earned on the livestream is only ~80% of what players would normally earn in the same period of time. If we take the new value (15 Arx for 34 minutes), the amount of Arx per hour increases to over 25 Arx per hour, meaning that the weekly Arx cap of 400 could be reached in 16 hours.
I based my calculations on him earning 12 Arx in 1 hour of streaming, meaning we'd have to play 32 hours per week.
Maybe idling on the pad pays less as opposed to being out in space. So that could also just mean someone buying a few big tanks and park their Anaconda outside all day while they are off to work. In Solo of course.

Went on a spending spree when I first started playing the game but haven't purchased a thing from the store since and don't intend to either so I'm really not that fussed how many ARX can be earned and what things cost in ARX, its essentially free money and every now and then I will use it but other than that meh. Having said that, the reveal video wasn't very revealing on the ARX

There will always be players who will try and game the system to maximize the bottom line. I am sure FD knows this also and has some type of requirements to earn arx beside just idling but if not then that means they are fine with it. I have been playing Elite for about 4 years and will probably earn more items in the next year then I have bought in the last 3 years. whatever and however I earn arx will all be a bonus for me as I have not earned any before the update lands.

If I passed out 5 dollar/pound/euros some people would complain that the person just before them got a new crisp one that didnt have any creases like the one they got.

Just sayin
Caliber_az

So here are a few things to think about for anyone who you are going to be able to buy £3.00 with worth of paints for 5000 arx:
1. The rate of arx to £ for the biggest package is £1 for 1700, which would mean £3 would be at least 5100 arx
2. The exchange rate from FP to arx is 1:20. In the xbox store 1 FP = £0.01, which gives the figure of £3 = 6000 arx
3. Ask yourself why would Fdev give console players free arx if the value of arx was going to be anything more than £0.01 per 20.
4. "But that would mean all prices in the store would rise by about 20%!!!" Yes it does. If you think fdev wouldn't do this, well they've been charging console players more via FP for forever. While you can only buy £1.00 of paints for 100 frontier points, you can only buy frontier points at 2500 for £30.00 at the best pricing. And remember the point of arx is to make consoles and PC equal.

hope they overthink their pricing but if the didn´t last 4 months, in general arx is a good idea for players and marketing aka. sales. But for what we know now its just so poorley implentet like multicrev

1568321531385-png.142780

Buying ingame Currency in Packeges dosent motivate me it´s a too ovensive marketing Trick on spending money at leftovers

Regards:

I think it's fine, before they were paid and now if you play after a while then you agree to have a painting.
You criticize for something that comes out free to play, it doesn't make sense or logic, it's just criticize for boredom.

Thanks Frontier for these gifts, for playing.

Original:
Saludos:

Creo que está bien, antes de que se les pagara y ahora si juegas después de un tiempo, aceptas tener una pintura.
Criticas por algo que sale gratis para jugar, no tiene sentido ni lógica, solo criticas por aburrimiento.

Gracias Frontier por estos regalos, por jugar.

This is all a bit crazy.

At the moment we have to pay for every painting. After the update, we can earn it for free. That's what matters.

You all cry because of too little content and want to have everything as fast as possible for free. How do you think employees and servers are then paid ? Are you expecting lifetime support from the few bucks when you bought the game in a Steam Sale?

So I bought something in the store on a regular basis and will buy ARX regularly to support the game.

Without money, no game.

Thanks Frontier! (y)

As someone who buys a lot of cosmetics on the store I think this is a great change and I am looking forward to when the update goes live next week. Not only will I be able to budget better by buying an Arx pack on paydays I will occasionally be able to get a cosmetic for free as I do play Elite a lot. :)

People seem to be trying to calculate ARX per hour but what I saw was your man discover a system, shoot some stuff, scan a couple of things and he earned ARX. That took him some time to do. He basically did a one system jump courier mission.

It didn’t seem based on how long he was playing, more those little activities he did. I could have done those same activities in 5 mins and my bet is, earned the same ARX.

He didn’t seem to have to cash in his exploration data to earn the ARX so deep space explorers are covered.

I dont think you’re going to have to play 5 hours a day, 7 days a week to max out the 400 limit.

I play at least a couple of hours a day, I bet I get this maxed out in no time. 3 days tops.

You all cry because of too little content and want to have everything as fast as possible for free. How do you think employees and servers are then paid ? Are you expecting lifetime support from the few bucks when you bought the game in a Steam Sale?
People don't want stuff for free, people are happy to pay for something with CONTENT!
If you sell people a big world/entertainment product with not much in it and tell them to "make your own story" and "blaze your own trail" and "just RP it", of course people will get miffed. People bought an entertainment product and want to be entertained.
Imagine you going to the movies, you pay your ticket and you are given a sketch pad and are placed in front of a big CGI screen. "Make your own movie"
Wouldn't you be screaming too? Of course, make sure you buy the cosmetic popcorn and drinks because you have to support the theater.

Top Bottom