Notice ARX and Frontier Points Conversion

I would assume that it will be assigned to the commander.

So CMNDR PS4 might own a red paint job, but CMNDR PC can't use it. If CMNDR PS4 clears save, then his replacement has a red paint job.

Isn't that how it works now?

It does work like that now, but as PS4 uses Frontier Points & PC doesn't, that's to be expected. I'm not asking if paint jobs can be shared though, just if the Arx is linked to the Frontier account or the Platform. I've got loads of credit on my PS4 account & don't tend to play it anymore, so I'd buy Arx to use on my PC Account if it was transferrable.
I hope that clarifies things.

We can all go back and forth but at the end of the day have no doubt the Arx system is designed to separate you from more of your money/increase profits from the store page. Otherwise they would not have spent the time, effort and money as a company to develop Arx and its related systems. You'd have to be daft to think otherwise BUT with all that being said we have to keep in mind a few things. Two most importantly: this is only for cosmetics and they are giving us free, passive Arx income, regardless of how small it is or how we actually earn it.

With all the free content we've gotten I don't mind the new system. That's not to say I LIKE it, but I don't mind it. Just stop endlessly fighting each other and trying to dissect this to figure out if we are going to pay more and just know you ARE GOING TO PAY MORE, one way or another..... but only if cosmetics mean anything to you. :)

I couldn't watch the stream, but all I was interested in was by what ingame activities do we earn ARX points?
I really hope it's not just by being online - that would be just idiotic.
I couldn't watch it either for being in a different time zone. But by looking at the recap, we didn't miss a thing.

Maybe in 50 years :)

Stop, being born in 1965, I will probably die before the SC will be finished.
Now I don't know about that... Compared to Elite, SC is actually starting to catch-up. I'd give it another 6-10 years, depending on how many people they gain to work on the project.

Couldn't watch the stream, but all I was interested in was by what ingame activities do we earn ARX points.
From skimming over this thread it now looks like (but I really hope I'm mistaken) just by being online - which would be so idiotic, really.
Ever heard about energy wasting and climate change? But then I never wished to be wrong so badly...
Surely earning them automatically has to be better than having to repeatedly do things you don't really want to do, to earn points? It avoids 'grind'. I'm sure if we earned Arx for completing missions or cashing bounties or whatever, the forum would be even angrier.

Surely earning them automatically has to be better than having to repeatedly do things you don't really want to do, to earn points? It avoids 'grind'. I'm sure if we earned Arx for completing missions or cashing bounties or whatever, the forum would be even angrier.
Yeah... turn on your PC, login to Elite and go about the chores of your day. Playing the game is optional now.
I'll fire up Elite on a VM in the Data center, remote in every so often and check my Arx. Game played!

Yeah... turn on your PC, login to Elite and go about the chores of your day. Playing the game is optional now.
I'll fire up Elite on a VM in the Data center, remote in every so often and check my Arx. Game played!
If you want to stop playing in order to earn paint jobs for ships you've stopped flying, fly your own way™ mate.
I'll just carry on doing what I've always done, and earn cosmetics I haven't previously been able to earn while doing what I already like doing.

Couldn't watch the stream, but all I was interested in was by what ingame activities do we earn ARX points.
From skimming over this thread it now looks like (but I really hope I'm mistaken) just by being online - which would be so idiotic, really.
Ever heard about energy wasting and climate change? But then I never wished to be wrong so badly...

So does it mean I wasn't that wrong at all? But that is absolutely terrible (and that even though it would massively support my playstyle. Just soo wrong...). If there's no alternative to it then the whole idea is bonkers. Sorry to hear that, but glad to have missed this stream.

That's almost certainly wrong. Here's a screenshot of Will's commander:

He appears to have earned Arx from Exploration and some other activities. We don't know how much or what he had to do to gain those, but I think we can say that it wasn't just sitting around waiting.

If you want to stop playing in order to earn paint jobs for ships you've stopped flying, fly your own way™ mate.
I'll just carry on doing what I've always done, and earn cosmetics I haven't previously been able to earn while doing what I already like doing.
I think everyone here has the burning question: How do I earn Arx?
Currently I'm mining because FC are coming and I'd like a bit more of a buffer to buy one. But what when I reach a satisfactory level of wealth and feel like playing something else? I don't really want to miss out on my Arx, just like anybody else. How many hours do I have to put in to earn my 400/week? 2 hours? 10 hours? 40 hours? Some people tend to have a life and a job, or heavens forbid a family and kids.

I think everyone here has the burning question: How do I earn Arx?
Currently I'm mining because FC are coming and I'd like a bit more of a buffer to buy one. But what when I reach a satisfactory level of wealth and feel like playing something else? I don't really want to miss out on my Arx, just like anybody else. How many hours do I have to put in to earn my 400/week? 2 hours? 10 hours? 40 hours? Some people tend to have a life and a job, or heavens forbid a family and kids.
I think it is fairly safe to say that to earn 400 a week you would have to spend far too long playing. Otherwise there are going to be loads of complaints from people who do spend all hours playing. But if you did put in the hours then you would still have to play for 2-5 weeks to buy a single paint-job. (Depending on how they judge the paint pack discount should be over the individual ones.) I think the safe option is going to be to assume that you pay for cosmetics, just like you do now, but can get a free one every few months. That's not so bad. And if you are grinding for something or maybe taking part in DW3, then it might be much faster.

Well, we saw at the end of Adam's session that he had earned 12 ARX, with a breakdown of how he earnt them. 9 from exploration, and 3 by other means

Based off what I estimate to be around of an hour of him being logged in to that account we can guess how much we can earn by playing the game

View attachment 142770
So based on that, 1 hour earns you 12 Arx, 8 hours = 100 Arx, 32 hours per week = 400 Arx.
Playing 5 hours PER DAY will get you your maximum Arx.

Top Bottom