Notice ARX and Frontier Points Conversion

Yes, let's completely ignore the point of earning the Arx in-game just so we can complain about optionally buying them :rolleyes:

Are you really so dense you didn't realize I was using the decal as an example. The problem exists for many purchases, the point is your buying more than you want because Frontier wants to scam you.

Are you really so dense you didn't realize I was using the decal as an example. The problem exists for many purchases, the point is your buying more than you want because Frontier wants to scam you.
So buy as many Arx as you are prepared to pay for in a given week/month/year and earn the rest in game after all it is relatively uncommon for any one time only and limited period cosmetics are put up for sale so usually there is no need to rush.

So buy as many Arx as you are prepared to pay for in a given week/month/year and earn the rest in game after all it is relatively uncommon for any one time only and limited period cosmetics are put up for sale so usually there is no need to rush.

The amount I'm prepared to pay for is the amount required to purchase the item I want and no more. That isn't an option. It could have been an option but Frontier wants your money now in the hopes you wont use all you bought. It's a common scam, it's pure evil.

:ROFLMAO:
Alternatively, earn Arx while playing the game, then top-up whatever you need for your cosmetic purchase - job done (y)

The amount I'm prepared to pay for is the amount required to purchase the item I want and no more. That isn't an option. It could have been an option but Frontier wants your money now in the hopes you wont use all you bought. It's a common scam, it's pure evil.

You don't go out much do you?
What's pure evil is tabbing me five euro for a drop of reasonable good Scotch in a bar.
Gulp,....gone, now that's evil.
We're talking nickel and dimes here compared to going out for one night.

:ROFLMAO:
Alternatively, earn Arx while playing the game, then top-up whatever you need for your cosmetic purchase - job done (y)

Not everyone wants to wait forever to earn them in game, I have no problem for those that want to, but for those that were happy buying through the frontier store for the exact amount of purchase, this is basically Frontier saying they don't want my money.

Not everyone wants to wait forever to earn them in game, I have no problem for those that want to, but for those that were happy buying through the frontier store for the exact amount of purchase, this is basically Frontier saying they don't want my money.
You realise earned-Arx and bought-Arx can be used together, yes? :D

You don't go out much do you?
What's pure evil is tabbing me five euro for a drop of reasonable good Scotch in a bar.
Gulp,....gone, now that's evil.
We're talking nickel and dimes here compared to going out for one night.

But you are willing to pay that and you are getting exactly what you paid for. Here I'm willing to pay the cost of the item, not the cost of the item plus a bunch more for some digital currency I may or may not find a use for.

You realise earned-Arx and bought-Arx can be used together, yes? :D
That doesn't change the fact I have to buy 5000 of them at a time. Not sure what your getting at. If the item is, say, 500.. I have 250 earned, I have to buy 5000 for the 250 I need. (Note: This just is an example to get the point across, you wouldn't think I'd have to say that, but well... Here we are.)

That doesn't change the fact I have to buy 5000 of them at a time. Not sure what your getting at. If the item is, say, 500.. I have 250 earned, I have to buy 5000 for the 250 I need. (Note: This just is an example to get the point across, you wouldn't think I'd have to say that, but well... Here we are.)
You use words like "have to" and "need". We're talking about optional cosmetics here. If you don't want to buy "spare" Arx for the optional cosmetics you'd like, then wait until you've earned enough Arx playing the game so that a chosen Arx pack brings you to the required Arx amount - easy (y)

But you are willing to pay that and you are getting exactly what you paid for. Here I'm willing to pay the cost of the item, not the cost of the item plus a bunch more for some digital currency I may or may not find a use for.

The willing part is crucial here.
Are you willing to buy some arx and spend part of them now and use the left-overs for another time or not?
I am, you're obviously not, there's nothing evil in it.
When I buy a bus pass for my son I lay dow 115 euros for a month, he might use it every day or not, when not then I over-payed, which is mostly the case, still I am willing to pay it because it's convenient.

Either you think the item is worth the cost or not, nothing evil in there, it's your choice, no one's forcing you.

I wonder how long after the Update goes live on Wednesday until we see the first complaint thread titled "My Arx balance isn't zero, everytime I play it increases, no matter what I buy... my OCD is sending me crazy!"

Or "my friend earned a lot more arx then I did, see fdev hates me"

We're talking nickel and dimes here, I don't see the problem.
My daughter just broke her I-Phone, you know how many arx that's gonna cost me?
Sheesh....

You use words like "have to" and "need". We're talking about optional cosmetics here. If you don't want to buy "spare" Arx for the optional cosmetics you'd like, then wait until you've earned enough Arx playing the game so that a chosen Arx pack brings you to the required Arx amount - easy (y)

Yes, optional. And as I told you earlier, I am discussing the option to buy, which I have now with the frontier store and have used and will not when Arx is here. That happens to be what my original post said. Strangely enough.

Yes, optional. And as I told you earlier, I am discussing the option to buy, which I have now with the frontier store and have used and will not when Arx is here. That happens to be what my original post said. Strangely enough.

So you won't buy anything from the store anymore only because you might get stuck with a couple left over arx points? Left overs you can use with your next purchase btw.

Okay.....

At the moment you cannot spend less than £3 in the store. If you want one paint-job, you need to buy six, five of which you will never use. That's a huge waste of money.

After next Wednesday, you will be able to buy eight of your favourite paint-jobs, no matter which set each one is in, no matter which ship each one is for, pay a penny less than £3, and still have £0.03 (40 Arx) left over. Half an hour of gaming later you can buy a decal. No waste whatsoever.

There is a reason you can't spend less than £3. Every tiny purchase has charges and currency conversion fees and the possibility of charge-backs. It simply isn't feasible for a company to do it. They don't now and they won't after Wednesday. Apart from that, the prices are perfectly reasonable, usually lower than at present and often lower than at present even if you ignore the Arx that you over-purchase.

At the moment you cannot spend less than £3 in the store. If you want one paint-job, you need to buy six, five of which you will never use. That's a huge waste of money.

This is just incorrect. I have 2 of those large packs and I've used ever skin in them. You do realize you aren't limited to one of each ship type in the game, right?

Top Bottom