Notice ARX and Frontier Points Conversion

You can also change skins at any time so if you just want to change things up, you can switch to another, a far cry from "will never use"

You can also change skins at any time so if you just want to change things up, you can switch to another, a far cry from "will never use"
But now you can have eight instead of six, and you're not limited to picking them from a single pack.
Or buy SRV/fighter skins. You get ten instead of six and have enough left over to buy eight decals for them.

Edit: Or buy four SRV/fighter skins, five ship skins and a decal and have 10 Arx left over. (That's half a penny.)

Last edited:

I've bought numerous tactical paint packs only for the graphite one, from now on I'm able to only buy that specific paint, sounds pretty good to me.

I've got plenty of things to nag about regarding ED and Fdev, how they run their cosmetics store isn't one of them, not now and not with the new system.
Their prices are reasonable compared to other games and fully optional, you don't need any of it in order to be able to play the game in a better way.

If you think the pricing is unfair after next week then the store items just aren't worth your money simple, it's your choice.
I'll gladly buy the graphite paints for my ships that don't have them yet without having to buy the whole pack again.
And if there are some left over arx points then so be it, undoubtedly there will come something else I'll be interested in.

But now you can have eight instead of six, and you're not limited to picking them from a single pack.
Or buy SRV/fighter skins. You get ten instead of six and have enough left over to buy eight decals for them.

Edit: Or buy four SRV/fighter skins, five ship skins and a decal and have 10 Arx left over. (That's half a penny.)

But what if I only want one? I have to pay for eight?

But what if I only want one? I have to pay for eight?
Right now, today, you pay a penny more than you will pay next Wednesday, and only get six. You can't buy one now.
Next Wednesday, you will be able to buy one and either save up your Arx for your next purchase, or buy some more. For less than you would pay now for any single transaction.

I've bought numerous tactical paint packs only for the graphite one, from now on I'm able to only buy that specific paint, sounds pretty good to me.

I've got plenty of things to nag about regarding ED and Fdev, how they run their cosmetics store isn't one of them, not now and not with the new system.
Their prices are reasonable compared to other games and fully optional, you don't need any of it in order to be able to play the game in a better way.

If you think the pricing is unfair after next week then the store items just aren't worth your money simple, it's your choice.
I'll gladly buy the graphite paints for my ships that don't have them yet without having to buy the whole pack again.
And if there are some left over arx points then so be it, undoubtedly there will come something else I'll be interested in.

And that's fine for you. But as I said in my original post (which was grossly mischaracterized leading to this ridiculously long conversation) I will not be buying any of them.

For the record, my original post never said no one else would.

Right now, today, you pay a penny more than you will pay next Wednesday, and only get six. You can't buy one now.
Next Wednesday, you will be able to buy one and either save up your Arx for your next purchase, or buy some more. For less than you would pay now for any single transaction.

Assuming it's available now. If the one I want doesn't come out till next week, well frontier could have made money, but won't.

You guys seem to be thinking I'm saying the whole Arx thing is bad, I'm only saying it's sale model is bad. They could keep the arx and just let us buy the exact amount we want. But they won't, because they are want the scam to go forward.

And that's fine for you. But as I said in my original post (which was grossly mischaracterized leading to this ridiculously long conversation) I will not be buying any of them.
You have bought six skins for £3, but you consider eight skins for £2.99 to be a scam. You do you, but I don't see why you think that.
You could just buy the same six skins and throw away the left over Arx. You'll still be better off than you are now.

You have bought six skins for £3, but you consider eight skins for £2.99 to be a scam. You do you, but I don't see why you think that.
You could just buy the same six skins and throw away the left over Arx. You'll still be better off than you are now.
I only bought the 6 packs when I wanted the 6 packs. If I didn't, I wouldn't have bought a 6 pack.

You guys seem to be thinking I'm saying the whole Arx thing is bad, I'm only saying it's sale model is bad. They could keep the arx and just let us buy the exact amount we want. But they won't, because they are want the scam to go forward.

I'm on Xbox and have always had some left over Frontier Points, ugh the thought, I used those when there was a sale going on since the left over was always a stupid amount that I couldn't spend normaly.
The value of those left overs were never more the one or two euros, yup no meat for dinner that week.
Imho you're making a fuzz over a couple euros that you'll always be able to spend at a later time unless you don't want to buy anything anymore at all, big deal, one less cheese burger at McDonald's.

Top Bottom