Notice ARX FAQ

So, This is nothing but a RENAME of Frontier Points! ....How CREATIVE! ...WHY? I suspect this question is more relevant to those stumbling around for anything more than a "fan-boy" reaction?
Could it be that there have been mix-ups with other customer purchases for other Frontier I.P.? (or platforms?) Either way, this is hardly a revelation worthy of such celebration! Scraping the barrel bottom I think we are! :unsure:

I wonder if Frontier will add bonus arx for people who own more than one Frontier game. eg buy Planet Zoo and get 500 Arxs
Would make a nice way of encouraging brand loyalty.

Arx could also be used in the forums. A Forum post of the month could earn a person a certain number of Arx, similarly they could be given as prizes. For example Lavecon attendees could be given 200 Arxs each.

On another side could disruptive in game behaviour be discouraged by earning negative Arx. So say a player who ganks in the starter system would not only be thrown out of said starter systems but would have say -500 Arx placed on their account. Essentially getting fined.

Things might be waaay different with Arx and hopefully for the better. [/QUOTE said:
Sorry Cmdr! ....I suspect this is just a PURE "Renaming Exercise"! I am more concerned with the "earning" 'Arx' IN GAME! This practice was removed from PC games 20years ago when it was discovered organised gangs of cash farmers were earning millions of $ worldwide in game and using the proceeds to fund criminal activities. With the accessibility of Frontier products to hacks and "bots", this is likely to be a development that will become highly, technically, facilitated!

So, This is nothing but a RENAME of Frontier Points! ....How CREATIVE! ...WHY? I suspect this question is more relevant to those stumbling around for anything more than a "fan-boy" reaction?
Could it be that there have been mix-ups with other customer purchases for other Frontier I.P.? (or platforms?) Either way, this is hardly a revelation worthy of such celebration! Scraping the barrel bottom I think we are! :unsure:
Actually it would sort of make sense if perhaps FD DID use the points across all their games . As for fanboy .... For me I am not one way or the other about the nature of the points. The fact I can earn them by playing the game is what pleases me . Possibly 1st step to out and out earn skins or bobbleheads or ship kits for doing stuff in game.

It seems FD listened to my suggestion! Except for calling them Fredits.

Well then, “Arx” -

X as in exit - sounds like “arcs”

or

X as in Xanadu - sounds like, well, what some people think the new currency is

???

I have another theory...

I think this may be Frontier's over arching solution to how the different platforms and their store purchases are run. With a unified system this may make cross platform play feasible...and more importantly for some the merging of accounts on multiple platforms.

He's an example;

Part of the current issue with cross platform or merging accounts was profit sharing and ecosystems. If you bought ship kits and paint jobs on Console X then Console S could have an issue with you using said items on there ecosystem because they didn't receive any profit share from the transaction. Unify the transaction system and there is no longer a conflict of ecosystems.

I'm just going to say it because I've already read it in a number of different discord and slack forums: the fear is that this is the top of a slippery slope. At the bottom of this slope is a pay-to-win mechanic. So far Frontier has been very straightforward in terms of selling cosmetics and accessories to players. If I want a new paintjob or bobblehead or ship kit then I pay the displayed price. It's honest. It's understandable.
Now there is ARX....
So if it's a means to earn these things through in-game activities that's great. If it turns into pay to win and loot boxes, however, Frontier will so completely offend it's player base that a large number may simply stop playing.

Q: It is stated that Arx is earned by "playing the game" (and that there will be a weekly limit for Arx being earned). Looking at the PvP playstyle, it has always been excluded from many gameplay mechanics such as BGS influence, PowerPlay, Engineers and much more. Namely destroying player ships is handled completely different from destroying NPC ships (Bounty Hunting PvE). For example, destroyed player ships don't drop materials and 30 merits.

Will the playstyle PvP be excluded as well from earning Arx in the september update?

Q: It is stated that Arx is earned by "playing the game" (and that there will be a weekly limit for Arx being earned). Looking at the PvP playstyle, it has always been excluded from many gameplay mechanics such as BGS influence, PowerPlay, Engineers and much more. Namely destroying player ships is handled completely different from destroying NPC ships (Bounty Hunting PvE). For example, destroyed player ships don't drop materials and 30 merits.

Will the playstyle PvP be excluded as well from earning Arx in the september update?

Presumably, otherwise a pair of friends could just farm each other and that would be bad somehow ;)

I guess time in-game or bounties claimed might count, I really don't know.

Top Bottom