Notice ARX FAQ

Yeah, there were few occasions that they gave paint jobs to everyone BECAUSE players did something to earn them :D
So you must say "Thank You" to other Commanders, not FDevs ;)

Hmm, not sure if this was the case... the paint for C3 was something like "Frontier 25 years..."
The one for Krait was a X-mas gift iirc...
And the one for Bridging the Gap does not count because it certainly wasn't free... I had to do 25 jumps to get it...

At the playstation store 2500 pts is 36.99usd 1000 pts is 14.99usd 500 pts is 7.99usd 300pts is 4.99usd Im not sure if fdev gets this money or sony but thats how much it is to paint on ps4

Hmm, not sure if this was the case... the paint for C3 was something like "Frontier 25 years..."
The one for Krait was a X-mas gift iirc...
And the one for Bridging the Gap does not count because it certainly wasn't free... I had to do 25 jumps to get it...

I'm too lazy to check now, but I'm pretty sure that one of those you mentioned required from the Community to do something.
Maybe someone else remembers...

Arx FAQ
Hi Paige, I couldn't see anything in the official first post so I have a couple of questions:

1. Can you use real currency (£'s via paypal etc) to buy things such as t-shirts, mugs & copies of the game (I/e physical items that can be delivered to your home) or will you need to buy arx's first?
2. Will you still be able to buy cosmetics (ship kits etc) with real currency (£'s etc) or are they only available via arx?
3. Will the frontier store still be selling copies of the game to download and if so, do we need to buy it in arx's or can we pay in real currency (£'s etc).
4. I play the game on a pc and browse the store with a different one. Can I buy cosmetics with arx's from the second computer logged in to the store or are all purchases involving arx done through the game?

Thanks.

So, This is nothing but a RENAME of Frontier Points! ....How CREATIVE! ...WHY? I suspect this question is more relevant to those stumbling around for anything more than a "fan-boy" reaction?
Could it be that there have been mix-ups with other customer purchases for other Frontier I.P.? (or platforms?) Either way, this is hardly a revelation worthy of such celebration! Scraping the barrel bottom I think we are! :unsure:
Since they didn't exist on the primary PC platform, that cannot be a rename - we never had them.
The reason for doing this, as explained by Frontier, was to move the purchase and application of cosmetics fully into the game. Once you've got your Arx credit, you can choose to spend it and apply the results anywhere in the game, so now even explorers can change their ship's appearance without the necessity of returning to a space station.

I very much doubt anyone cares whether they are called points, credits, Arx or anything else - the ability to obtain decals & paints in-game is welcome and they ability to re-style your ship in deep space was universally applauded at LaveCon. It is something explorers have wanted for a long time.

How will Arx be given, i.e. what gameplay do you have to engage with to get it?

Some parts of ED like Powerplay couple highly repetitive elements (which I assume Arx will hook into) with actions that could harm that feature if done irresponsibly.

Example:

In Powerplay the closest control system is often fortified to 1000% (look at LYR as an example) because thats the easiest place to dump merits. Currently this is not that bad (it is, but not 5C levels of bad).

Now, Arx will be mined like crazy by players. They will find the activities that reward the most and keep on doing them regardless of outcome. Normally in game this is not an issue, but with Powerplay this could trigger a whole wave of random activity which is not co-ordinated, in short ruining the feature. You will have players being rewarded for being irresponsible.

Also, 5C and botting will be able to harvest Arx too, will there be any checks or is any activity going to generate it? I know from your (FDs) perspective they are the same, but from us (players) there is a big difference. In the worst case Arx will incentivize more random actions if the rewards are there.

Arx FAQ

This is a preliminary FAQ based on our Lavecon reveal. Please check back for more details as it is updated.
Updated 06/07/2019

What are Arx?
Arx are a new currency, replacing Frontier Points, being introduced to Elite Dangerous in the September Update and can be used to purchase Game Extras, such as Paint Jobs, Ship Kits, Bobbleheads and more!

What are Arx in lore terms? How does it fit into the galaxy?
Arx is an alternative currency created and regulated by the Bank of Zaonce.

How do I get Arx?
Arx can be earned by simply playing the game! We won't ask commanders to change how they play, simply being an active player and engaging with the game is all that's required. Additionally, players are also able to purchase packages of Arx through the platforms' respective stores (Frontier Store, Steam, PlayStation Store and Xbox Marketplace).

What can I spend Arx on?
As mentioned above, Arx can be spent on Game Extras such as Paint Jobs, Ship Kits, Bobbleheads and more!

Can I gift Arx, or Game Extras purchased with Arx, to another player?
At this time, it will not be possible to gift Arx or Game Extras (purchased with Arx) to other players.

Will Arx replace Frontier Points?
Yes, Arx will replace Frontier Points and players who have any outstanding balance of Frontier Points will have them converted into Arx appropriately.

Will Arx replace Credits?
Nope! Arx will not replace Credits, nor are Credits purchasable.

Can I spend ARX on in-game items, such as commodities and materials?
No, Arx are only spent on Game Extras (such as Paint Jobs, Ship Kits, Bobbleheads and more!).

Will the rewards for missions change because of Arx?
No, rewards from missions will not be adjusted with the introduction of Arx.

Do I need Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus to earn of purchase Arx on console?
You will not require either Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus to earn or purchase Arx in Elite Dangerous.

Is Elite Dangerous going free-to-play?
No, we currently have no plans to change Elite Dangerous over to a free-to-play model.

Will the team be doing anything to improve the quality of Paint Jobs/Ship Kits?
Actually, yes! We've been making improvements to the Paint Job render system over the course of this year. New Paint Jobs will all use this improved system, meaning we are able to offer sharper, more detailed paint schemes than ever before. Furthermore, we are working through our back catalog to update Paint Jobs we feel could benefit from a touch up.
Will I get arx from the amount of time I've played before arx will be implemented?

Follow up: will recent purchases on game extras give me arx?

How will Arx be given, i.e. what gameplay do you have to engage with to get it?

Some parts of ED like Powerplay couple highly repetitive elements (which I assume Arx will hook into) with actions that could harm that feature if done irresponsibly.

Example:

In Powerplay the closest control system is often fortified to 1000% (look at LYR as an example) because thats the easiest place to dump merits. Currently this is not that bad (it is, but not 5C levels of bad).

Now, Arx will be mined like crazy by players. They will find the activities that reward the most and keep on doing them regardless of outcome. Normally in game this is not an issue, but with Powerplay this could trigger a whole wave of random activity which is not co-ordinated, in short ruining the feature. You will have players being rewarded for being irresponsible.

Also, 5C and botting will be able to harvest Arx too, will there be any checks or is any activity going to generate it? I know from your (FDs) perspective they are the same, but from us (players) there is a big difference. In the worst case Arx will incentivize more random actions if the rewards are there.

If the gameplay that lets you accumulate Arx is restricted in any way other than you can't earn them while AFK then will be a lot of upset players.

Different constants for various ranks would be nice to have on an hourly ARX calculation.

Ranks & ranking would also finally mean something.

Don't give ARX for the players who have been playing for years, but do the above instead.

I don't think many would disagree to that. If so, i would like to hear the reason behind it though.

Will ARX be linked to certain ingame activities/achievements like e.g. certain amounts of credits gained or systems scanned (either by number or accumulated credits)? This almost sounds like a silly question, cause if the answer is no all what's left is the sheer ingame time that generates ARX. I really hope not as that would be the point where I'd seriously consider to uninstall.
I was thinking arx as a CG reward. Allows you to get different amounts for different tiers / participation levels, and implements the weekly limit without extra work. Lots of options out there.

Mission reward for instance. Apart from credits, mats, influence & reputation, we can have a fourth option, ARX.

That would very much encourage me to do any sort of mission as i'm totally not in need of the former rewards i've stated above.

Nope. Hopefully not.
Not only it would open the grounds for farming Arxes, but it means others would be left un-Arxed

How do I get Arx?
Arx can be earned by simply playing the game! We won't ask commanders to change how they play, simply being an active player and engaging with the game is all that's required.

If my gameplay consists of long in-the-black journeys, i wont get any Arxes without changing how i play
If i only do bulk trading, no missions involved, i wont get any Arxes without changing how i play
If I only do Powerplay, i wont get any Arxes without changing how i play

Edit:
Same goes for CG rewards - Colonia people or explorers won't be able to take part in it.

Top Bottom