Hi Clicker, maybe i wasnt clear, I had it working already using

define FSSModeON L_ALT+USB[0x09]

and

MapKey(&Throttle, LDGH, PULSE+FSSModeOFF);

I just noticed that the LDGH doesnt register directly in game when pressed in the controls section.
Thanks for your efforts though, its always good to see different approaches :)

Hi Clicker, maybe i wasnt clear, I had it working already using

define FSSModeON L_ALT+USB[0x09]

and

MapKey(&Throttle, LDGH, PULSE+FSSModeOFF);

I just noticed that the LDGH doesnt register directly in game when pressed in the controls section.
Thanks for your efforts though, its always good to see different approaches :)

Well, hopefully one of these two highlighted labels is a typo then...otherwise, you need to teach me how you made it work!

;-)

Hello Everyone!

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

It's been a long time between posts here! Sorry for all the messages, comments, requests I have missed while being away from the game. Please PM me if there is anything that needs to be drawn to my attention (there are a lot of posts to catch-up on).

Long story short, had some disruption at home and had to pack up the cockpit for a while (and as such took a break from the game), but I have recently got it all back up and going, testing out the latest Fleet Carrier update (and probably the update before that too haha!).

I have updated a beta 4.3.0 build to Github that has included a few small updates/fixes accumulated over the last 6-8 months. If you are keen to test out the very latest you can download from Github now. Please bear in mind this is a work in progress, release TBC. Pst... Now is the time to report any bugs or issues or feature requests :)

Cheers, AD

-> June Update!

Update 4.3.0: ISOLATION OBSERVANCE (Update #25)

** IMPORTANT - v4.3.0 Requires the latest 2018 (v3.0.18.328 or higher) Update for TARGET Software, Drivers & Firmware to be installed. **

-> Some minor improvements based on user feedback and alignment to changes in Fleet Carriers update.

New to the script? Be sure to also check out the new
Beginners Reference Map in the download pack.

List of Changes:

NEW: Set Custom Deadzone on Slew Axes on the Throttle Arm for better FA Off lateral thruster control. Change via the new SLEW_DEADZONE user preference. (Thx Berndserk for the suggestion!)

NEW: In-game Store Page axis/buttons are now mapped to Joystick Axes (Move Camera) & Throttle Slew on Arm (Zoom). KeyMap also updated with Store Page for script integration.

NEW: Hangar Automation Routine Macro added. After touch-down & station menu appears this can be used to automatically refuel, repair & restock your ship using the new UI buttons while also entering the hangar. This is currently mapped to the Autopilot button (on Throttle base) + Long Press + Pinky Trigger (basically the same routine for Autodock but a long hold instead), and can be customised in the user preferences. Regardless of your status, it will attempt to return you to 100% for each refuel/repair/restock while you descend into the ship hangar.

IMPROVEMENT: Separate Throttle Axis mappings are now possible. Map the Left Throttle axis to something else (eg. FSS Tuning?) while keeping Right mapped for Ship/SRV. Also when enabled, the Left Axis will no longer be impacted by Throttle Preset changes allowing Full Range + Forward Only combos! Use the new SyncLEFTTHRAxis user preference to set behaviour. (Thx dmakaitis for the code!)

IMPROVEMENT: Throttle Axis Mapping code has been upgraded to more efficient layout. (Thx dmakaitis for the code!)

IMPROVEMENT: Added 'SetSpeed0' command into the Auto-Launch function Landing Gear override to prevent premature acceleration away from pad (& hopefully trigger auto-pilot launch sequence if you have one installed on your ship).

FIXED: Joystick 'JS_DEADZONE' variable not taking effect. (Thx Berndserk for the report!)

FIXED: Fast Mode Switching Macro is now aligned for the latest UI changes in main menus. (Default time = 6666ms)

:alien: Fly Safe CMDRs! :alien:

** Please visit the ModDB link or GitHub link to get the latest version *** Steam Guide can be found here **

Just picked up a Warthog throttle and a VKB Gladiator K stick to replace my aging X52, and will definitely be experimenting with this! Am I right in assuming that creating a profile in TARGET (or using Aussiedroid's) means the TARGET software has to be running any time I go into ED? (In otherwords, its not actually writing the script to the hardware itself, more of a software emulation jobbie?)

Hey @ubermick ,

Yes, TARGET GUI or TARGET Script should be running before you run ED and create/use/change your bindings.
However, this script and TARGET itself only recognises Thrustmaster controllers.

So, unless the VKB Gladiator K emulates a Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick then this script will not work for you.
:cry:

You are better off mapping/binding your controllers directly into ED (no need for a script or GUI), unless you want some advanced functionality...then perhaps take a look at Joystick Gremlin.

Clicker

Hey I love the script and I was able to test and verify every combination and User pref is working correctly I just have one small problem I can't figure out.

My throttle won't go below 20% unless i set it to 0% with the [1] + china hat down combination. Sometimes the reverse of this happens and I am unable to accelerate past about 80%.

I ran the thrustmaster calibration for the throttle and i havent noticed it able to fully utilize 100% of the throttle axis. Always stops at like 20% or 80%.

I also played around with the deadzone settings in the script and was not able to tell a difference.

Is my throttle busted?

Edit: I'm a moron and I didn't realize you could lift up the throttle and push it further back or forward

Last edited:
Hye guys. I've ripped out all previous installation attempts and reinstalled the latest version on a clean slate. I'm still receiving the same error when I attempt to run the script.

Runtime Error: STOP request received while running main on line 89 in "A:\Google Drive\Personal Stuff\Hobby\Game Stuff\EliteDangerous\Aussiedroid-ED-Warthog-Script-4.3.0\Warthog Script\AD_ED_v4.3.0.tmc"
Error:Script run timed out!

File references say google drive, but the directory is local to my machine on a HDD.
It's been months of on again off again effort to get this working.
I have minimal programming experience, I have no experience with scripting.
Can anybody tell me in plain english what I need to do to fix this?

Yeah, I saw this on my OneDrive...which was also on my local hdd.

Moved it into a non-mirrored/sync'd folder on my local hdd...lo and behold...the timeout errors ceased.

Would not take long to prove or disprove on your PC.

Let us know how you go.

Clicker

Yeah, I saw this on my OneDrive...which was also on my local hdd.

Moved it into a non-mirrored/sync'd folder on my local hdd...lo and behold...the timeout errors ceased.

Would not take long to prove or disprove on your PC.

Let us know how you go.

Clicker

Yeah, that worked. So mirrored or synced folders cause runtime errors. 6 months I've been trying to figure this out. Thanks.

@Dryheat4u , glad that fixed it for you.

I found a setting in OneDrive, when you right-click the synchronised folder or files where your script is..."always keep on this device".
I have found this forces Windows (/TARGET) to read from the local drive/folder rather than read from the cloud drive.

I'm not sure if Google drive presents the same option...now you've fixed the issue, you could have a bit of a play around and see.

Cheers
Clicker

Hi @Eagle 41 ,

To switch HUD mode double tap S4 (Joystick pinky lever).
You can also switch HUD mode using the keyboard '7' key (top row of keyboard...not the numpad 7)

Hope this helps.

Clicker

First of all, I want to express my heartfelt gratitude at Aussiedroid and all those who helped him in creating this script. I got my Warthog HOTAS just a couple of days ago, and this script has been an absolute gamechanger.

I did actually have a question about the HUD mode switch when in SRV. In the SRV, a single-tap on the pinky trigger is by default bound to the handbrake. Every time I switch HUD mode, it always applies or releases the handbrake at the same time. I was wondering how you guys worked around this issue (what mappings you use instead, etc.)

Hi @CMDR Farodin Angels,

Most default mappings of Aussiedroid's script can be found within the AD_EDKeyMap_v4.3.0.ttm file.
The file can be opened in a text editor (I use Notepad++).

The binding for the SRV Handbrake is LeftControl+- (ie Left Control+minus)

If you are using the doubletap S4 to change HUD mode and it's toggling the handbrake ON/OFF, then this is likely a bug in the script.
I will take a look and see if I can work it out and get back to you here (if Aussiedroid doesn't reply first!)

Cheers
Clicker

Hi again @CMDR Farodin Angels,

This may be unintentional and a bug.
I can see in AD's bind file that S4 (DX4) is indeed bound to the SRV handbrake and has a secondary binding as CTRL+-.
Unless I've missed something, the script primarily use the Throttle IDLE lock as a handbrake (using CTRL+-).

A workaround would be to remove S4 as primary binding for the SRV Handbrake in game (Options | Controls) then use the Throttle IDLE lock position as the handbrake whilst playing.

Hope this helps.

Clicker

Last edited:
Hi Clicker,

Thanks for verifying! I've removed the S4 binding from the SRV Handbrake in game, and that resolved the issue. Now, I do play with full range throttle mode, so the Throttle IDLE lock position is not ideal for me (also because I always seem to lift the entire throttle case along with it 😅 ). But I've rebound the handbrake to the forward push on the red china-hat switch (since the SRV has no FSD and thus no possibility for conflict, as far as I'm aware) and that seems to work well :)

Again, thanks for the help!

Farodin Angels

Hi all first time on this forum so I apologise if I have put this request for help in the wrong place.

I have installed the script but I keep getting these error:

Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"
Physical USB HID devices managed by script!
Currently plugged USB HID devices[2]:
1: "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0404&REV_0100"
2: "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0402&REV_0100"
Installing filter driver to VID_044F&PID_0404. Please Wait...Done!
USB HID device "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0404\8&2EFE0359&0&5) selected
Installing filter driver to VID_044F&PID_0402. Please Wait...Done!
USB HID device "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0402\8&2EFE0359&0&6) selected
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0403" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B10B" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B687" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0405" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0406" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0407" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0408" cannot be found

Virtual HID devices managed by script!
Connecting virtual joystick...Done
Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined
Connecting virtual keyboard...Done
Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done

Latest versions of firmware and driver sinstalled.

Top Bottom