Clicker,
I completely get what you're saying as I was also thinking along the same lines.
I verified the key binds for both Discord & VA - both are set to [Number *]
When I press the mic button discord will listen, but VA never stops.
The VA is set to 'stop listening when keys are pressed down', I would assume this would have VA pause when I open discord with PPT.

I had also posted this on Aussie's Guide on Steam - he suggested I try turning ExternalMicCombined to 1.
Still didn't work

Hi @Axsom ,

I had a quick look at the code over the weekend.
I haven't got my head completely around the initMicCommander() function yet.

In the meantime...

The way you've setup VA sounds correct so...what happens if you press and hold NUMPAD * key (instead of MIC switch), does it seem to work then?

Clicker

Welcome to My Enhanced Custom Warthog Script!

About:

Some consider the lack of twist & button options make this device far from ideal for Elite Dangerous, but I found this certainly not to be the case. That being said, after trying to configure things in the TARGET GUI & ED and being unhappy with the results, I decided a new approach was needed and began creating this script so everything would work properly.

The goal was to use all of the wide array of buttons/toggles/axes to function correctly in game and to ensure everything was mapped to the HOTAS & is accessible when needed. Controls should be intuitive, minimise hand movements & never conflict or have failure points.

A challenge to say the least, but I think I have come up with something that ticks all these criteria. Incorporating over 1000 lines of code, it utilises most of the feature available in the powerful TARGET Scripting language, so at a glace the profile can appear complex. In the cockpit seat however, the basics should fall in place quickly and more advanced options will start to show themselves as the situations arise.

A full description + pictures are available on Steam Guides here & on GitHub here.

Summary of Advanced Functions:
  • Three Tier PIP Management Hat Switch offering different presets depending how long you hold down the button. (Optional: One & Two Tier PIP system configurable)
  • Auto-Docking Request procedure.
  • Full LED Lighting implemented for core Ship Systems, plus full LED Backlight manual control for the Throttle & activation patterns.
  • Three Joystick Curve & Throttle Mode Presets that can be configured on-the-fly.
  • Proper implementation of the dual stage trigger on the Joystick, to allow combined Primary & Secondary fire or for the trigger to be separated to Primary fire only.
  • Comprehensive Integration of 3rd Party Tools/Hardware, including TrackIR, MFG Crosswind, NVidia/AMD Video Capture, External Voice Comms, Steam & Voice Attack (HCS Voice Packs)!
  • Flight Assist OFF (& also Microphone) offer Hold & Toggle options were you normally need to chose one or the other in the mapping. Best of both worlds!
  • Flight Assist OFF like a boss, with automatic sensitivity adjustment mod in hold mode.
  • Safety Rating A++, Improved Safety Features, including limiting access to Ship Boost based on presets or IDLE lock, additional combination required for Jettison All Cargo to prevent mishaps & disabling Throttle when IDLE is enabled. Nothing critical to the ship can be accidentally pressed.
  • Defensive Pattern Delta: An advanced withdraw tactic from combat that will retract your hardpoints, set PIPs to defensive & attempt to Supercruise/High Wake out. (Optional: Fire Engine Boost & Chaff)
  • Everything is mapped! Practically everything you can set in Elite Dangerous Controls has been added to the Warthog, plus the hidden shortcuts to control your FPS & Bandwidth displays and to Hide Your Ship's GUI.
  • 21st Century Comforts: Dim your Throttle Backlights automatically when you enable your Ship/SRV Lights.
  • Scripting files are properly formatted & contain full comments to help understand what the code is doing. Best viewed in TARGET SCRIPT EDITOR. Additional keys & content are present if you want to modify further.
  • DX Mapping & Conversion table also included in the Key Mapping file to help with changes.
  • Repeater Fire option on both Primary & Secondary fire. 3 Modes available including Combat-Endless, Explorer-Scanner & Mining-Auto-Pulse.
  • User Configurable settings available to customise your setup easily! No coding required.
  • Comms Panel Auto-Response System: An upgrade offering up to 8 pre-configured text chat responses mapped to Joystick to assist with quick responses for general day-to-day interactions. Auto-text can be easily edited in the User Preferences.
  • Automatically Clear Chat Box of all text.
  • Frame Shift Drive & Super Cruise engage on Throttle @ 100%.
  • Full Throttle Afterburner (Throttle Lock) implementation, that will cut your speed to zero in both the Ship & SRV (via handbrake), and prevent accidental boost (Lateral Thrusters can still be used).
  • Signal Light Sequence: Flashes your Ship/SRV lights on and off. Short & Long sequence options available for a bit of fun!
  • Disable HUD/GUI automatically when activating Night Vision.
  • Automatically fire a Heat Sink when entering Silent Running (Can also be fired separately).
  • Automatically enable Precision Throttle Controls when Deploying Cargo Scoop.
  • Boot ED Launcher & Other 3rd Party Apps when you Run the Script or via the included ED-BAT File.
  • Fast Jump Next/Prev Sub-Systems to help find the Module you need.
  • Double Tap Functionality on the Pinky Trigger.
  • Customisable Secondary Fire & Autopilot buttons via User Preferences.
  • +More

Special thanks go out to Alexandr Zhevedenko, Michael Lehman (WraithMG11235), DarKcyde & Thomas Duployez (CMDR Touille) who's own scripts really helped me understand how it all works! Also to jgm for his great reference map site which I used as a basis for my custom maps. Special shout out to CMDR Clicker for all his help squashing bugs and improving the code. Thank you!

(High Resolution Maps can also be found in the Steam Guide & Full Download Pack)
Any questions, I will do my best to help here or across on my guide. Cheers!

Download Script Files, TrackIR & ED Profiles: 3.3 Beyond Update+ @ ModDB: Aussiedroid-ED-Warthog-Script-4.0.0.zip (FULL)
Having a bit of a nightmare with this one. Have installed the latest drivers for the HOTAS WORTHOG Throttle and joystick, and T.A.R.G.E.T software as of today, and have checked the firmware. All ok.

Downloaded and the Aussiedroid-ED-Warthog-Script-4.0.0.zip file and unpacked, then went into T.A.R.G.E.T script editor and tried to compile as per the instructions in the read me.

Loaded plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"(*)
Compiling script: AD_ED_v4.3.0.tmc
* Allocated ProcInstances found from the previous run: use FreeProcInstance() *
Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"
Compile Succeeded.
So this looked ok with a full list of the additional scrips and then I tried to run it and the following comes up.

Running script: C:\Users\murph\Documents\Thrustmaster\Settings\Aussiedroid-ED-Warthog-Script-4.3.0\Aussiedroid-ED-Warthog-Script-4.3.0\Warthog Script\AD_ED_v4.3.0.tmc
Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"
Compile Succeeded.
Physical USB HID devices managed by script!
Currently plugged USB HID devices[2]:
1: "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0402&REV_0100"
2: "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0404&REV_0100"
USB HID device "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0404\8&31946276&0&4) selected
USB HID device "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0402\8&31946276&0&2) selected
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0403" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B10B" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B687" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0405" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0406" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0407" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0408" cannot be found
Virtual HID devices managed by script!
Connecting virtual joystick...Done
Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined
Connecting virtual keyboard...Done
Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ENHANCEMENTS LOADING: v4.3.0 TARGET Mappings, Macros & Functions Decrypted <|>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:....USER PREFERENCES....:
[Run Software @ Start = 0] [Custom Slider Curve = 1] [PIP Mgt. Preset = 2] [MFD Active = 0]
[Cargo Precision Mode = 0] [S/Cruise @ Throttle = 1] [Chaff @ Escape = 1] [Boost @ Esc = 1]
[Combine External Mic = 0] [Sec. Fire Override = 0] [NightVision HUD = 0] [Ext Mic+Mic = 0]
[Headtrak Center Mode = 0] [Ship Utility Mode = 0] [LED Backlight = 172] [LED ¡Bling! = 1]
[Throttle Axis O/ride = 0] [Joystik Axis O/ride = 0] [Throttle D/zone = 5] [Joys D/zone = 1]

:..DEFAULT TOGGLE STATE..:
[Combine Pri+Sec Fire = 1] [Rot. Correction = 1] [C/ Scoop = 0] [L/ Gear = 0] [Lights = 0]
Starting Macros... Compiling Functions... Script stopped!

Runtime Error: STOP request received while running main on line 89 in "C:\Users\murph\Documents\Thrustmaster\Settings\Aussiedroid-ED-Warthog-Script-4.3.0\Aussiedroid-ED-Warthog-Script-4.3.0\Warthog Script\AD_ED_v4.3.0.tmc"
Error:Script run timed out!
Now this error has a reference to line 89 which is shown below. And even if I comment out that line the error just move to the next line. I did go and check the functions and macros but could not find an issue.

Do you have any ideas on how to move forward????
Regards

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
// CORE SETTINGS: INITIALISATION //
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

AxisCurveMod = LIST(0,0, 33,25, 66,50, 80,75, 100,100); // Creates a custom axis curve for Throttle & Radar. [Faster->Slower Curve] (See AD_EDHardware.tmh) *LIST(Axis physical position, Axis output Value)

SetKBRate(PulseTime, DelayTime); // Base Settings (See AD_EDDefaults.tmh)
SetKBLayout(KBLayout);

// FUNCTION START //
initCustomMacroCommands(); // Initiate Custom Macros & Functions (See AD_EDMacros.tmh)
initEscapeVector(); // Initiate Advanced Macro to perform a tactical withdraw from combat
initSetThrottleCurves(); // Initiate Mapping of Custom Throttle Curves (3 Presets configurable in AD_EDUserPrefs.tmh)
initPrintState(); // Initiate Display Script Settings to Output Window in Script/GUI (See AD_EDFunctions.tmh)
initPIPMapper(); // Initiate PIP Configuration Mapper (See AD_EDFunctions.tmh)
initSetCombinedFire(0); // Initiate Mapping Logic to enable/disable the Dual-Stage Primary Trigger with either Primary
initToggleRotationCorrection(); // Initiate Toggle Mapping for Rotational Correction (LED Support) (See AD_EDFunctions.tmh)
Line 89 -> initToggleSilentRunning(); // Initiate Toggle Mapping for Silent Running (LED Support) (See AD_EDFunctions.tmh)
initEnhancedFAOFF(); // Initiate Toggle Mapping for Flight Assist Off (LED Support, Auto-Joystick Curve adjust)
initToggleLandingGear(); // Initiate Toggle Mapping for Landing Gear (LED Support) (See AD_EDFunctions.tmh)
initToggleCargoScoop(); // Initiate Toggle Mapping for Cargo Scoop (LED Support) (See AD_EDFunctions.tmh)
initIDLEMaster(); // Initiate Advanced Function to disable Throttle (& Boost) when engaging Throttle IDLE/Afterburner Lock
initHeadlookModeSelect(); // Initiate Custom mapping preference for Headlook Centering based on your hardware (TrackIR, VR,
initHardpointManagement(); // Initiate Advanced Function integrating all Hardpoint/Other functions related to the Red Left Throttle
initMicCommander(); // Initiate Full control over Internal & External Mic Push-to-Talk functionality for Hold & Toggle
initUserHotSlotPinkyTrigger(); // Initiate Double Tap Functionality on the Joystick Pinky Trigger (See AD_EDFunctions.tmh)
initLEDController(0); // Initiate Short LED Flashing Sequence on Toggle Flip & a Pattern on Startup. (LED Support) (See
initAPEngageEnhancer(); // Initiate Autopilot Engage button customisation (See AD_EDFunctions.tmh) (includes Auto-
initExplorerScannerDisengage(); // Initiate Repeater Fire Explorer-Scanner Disengage/Off Console Printout

Hi @Lt-Smurf ,

Timeout errors are usually caused when using cloud services to host the folder where you've saved the script.
Your file path is shown above as;
'C:\Users\murph\Documents\Thrustmaster\Settings\Aussiedroid-ED-Warthog-Script-4.3.0\Aussiedroid-ED-Warthog-Script-4.3.0\Warthog Script\AD_ED_v4.3.0.tmc'

Can you confirm that your 'documents' folder is on a local hard disk or SSD and not pointing to dropbox, google drive, one drive etc?

Next, I've also seen cases of timeouts after a reload of the Target software and drivers.
Usually the first or second run of the script times out due to the drivers not being fully loaded or registered.
If this is the case, the timeouts just go away magically.

As far as the script is concerned, I think the timeout is happening on the line immediately preceding the line being called out.
ie. Line 88.
This would explain why it times out at line 90 after you comment line 89.
Saying that, I do not believe the script has a bug.

Last but not least and dare I say it...what version of Windows are you running?
The latest version of Win10 with updates later than 1909 are notorious for USB problems.
Quickest way to check is to run joy.cpl before running the script, then whilst the script is running.
Before should look like this (just pay attention to the Thrustmaster stuff...
1620811101696.png

Note that you see both controllers.

After:
1620811144205.png

Note that the controllers have been replaced with 'Thrustmaster Combined'

If you see either or both of the individual controllers whilst script is running then you have a USB issue.

Let us know how you get on with the above.

Clicker

you also get time out errors I've noticed when using the Warthog/TARGET with AMD motherboards like the X570, apparently its something to do with them not following the full USB spec. For me its the joystick that's prone to it not the throttle or MFDs

what I do as a work around is use a powered USB hub as its easy to disconnect and reconnect which usually fixes it

I had the USB controller problem for the longest time, was using a USB powered hub due to lack of USB ports at the motherboard - when I built my new rig I now have more USB motherboard ports and my HOTAS is now plugged in there, the issue has been solved.
I recommend to everyone to get as many devices connected to a USB motherboard port and NOT a USB hub, when possible.

My understanding is that the Thrustmaster HOTAS consumes a fair bit of juice.

I agree that if your motherboard is relatively new and supplies decent USB power, that would definitely be the best option, however if you've got an older motherboard and/or have USB issues, get a powered USB HUB and see if that helps.

Hi @Lt-Smurf ,

Timeout errors are usually caused when using cloud services to host the folder where you've saved the script.
'C:\Users\murph\Documents\Thrustmaster\Settings\Aussiedroid-ED-Warthog-Script-4.3.0\Aussiedroid-ED-Warthog-Script-4.3.0\Warthog Script\AD_ED_v4.3.0.tmc'

Can you confirm that your 'documents' folder is on a local hard disk or SSD and not pointing to dropbox, google drive, one drive etc?

Next, I've also seen cases of timeouts after a reload of the Target software and drivers.
Usually the first or second run of the script times out due to the drivers not being fully loaded or registered.

As far as the script is concerned, I think the timeout is happening on the line immediately preceding the line being called out.
ie. Line 88.

The latest version of Win10 with updates later than 1909 are notorious for USB problems.
Quickest way to check is to run joy.cpl before running the script, then whilst the script is running.
View attachment 225848

After:
View attachment 225849

If you see either or both of the individual controllers whilst script is running then you have a USB issue.

Hi @Lt-Smurf ,

ie. Line 88.

View attachment 225848

After:
View attachment 225849

Clicker

Thanks to you and the chaps, and by taking the recordation of plugging in the USB directly to the main board, it all worked out well.

Now I just need to work out how all the macros and etc work, but that will take a bit of time, at least its working now. See you all in the black!

Greetings. Being a VR Player, this has been my Go-To keybind. Now with Odyssey out, is it still usable? Do I need to make changes? I have 4.3.0 already, and looking on the Git, that's the latest version, which hasn't been updated since June of last year. Thanks in advance!

Hi @CJDJ ,

AD has a v5.0.0 he's working on to include bindings for Odyssey.
No doubt he's ironing out the bugs as we speak...watch this space!

Clicker

Last edited:
Hi @CJDJ ,

AD has a v5.0.0 he's working on to include bindings for Odyssey.
No doubt he's ironing out the bugs as we speak...watch this space!

Clicker
Just that I don't get things confused: The 4.3.0 version does not work with Odyssey?

Thing is, I just got started with this Warthog script and have some trouble (e.g. can't pan the galaxy map) and I am not sure if it is because of Odyssey or because I'm stupid.

Always grateful for the hard work AD does on this script and to his talents.

Any update on the release of v5.0.0?
I am sure I'm not the only one sitting on pins & needles... Would LOVE to help test if a bata or alpha is laying around

Just that I don't get things confused: The 4.3.0 version does not work with Odyssey?

Thing is, I just got started with this Warthog script and have some trouble (e.g. can't pan the galaxy map) and I am not sure if it is because of Odyssey or because I'm stupid.

My understanding is that 5.0.0 will have some bindings for Odessey.

v4.3.0 does not but should still work for everything except when you're on foot.

Clicker

I can't seem to get Odyssey to see any custom bind files at all.

It'll load the default Warthog Profile but the Aussiedroid ones aren't in the drop down list.

I do get
"There where errors when loading preset file: Aussiedroid 4.3.0.4.0.binds
There are multiple entries of binding "MouseGUI" Only the first will be used
There are multiple entries of binding "MouseGUI" Only the first will be used"

in the BindingLoadingErrors log file though.

Hello,

one dumb question please. Once v5.0 is out, is it intended to install the 4.3 on the Horizon folder and the 5.0 on Odyssey one?

Hi All,

My apologies for the lack of interaction across here on the forums. Quick update, after a few issues getting Odyssey installed, updated etc I got in for a short period to do some new mappings. Ran into a number of issues so it remains a work in progress. Sorry for those who are waiting, I hope to have a version updated this weekend on GitHub.

@Axsom / @Korashen - Old script should work fine on Odyssey. Have had it reported it works, but just missing the on-foot mappings for now. I expect it would update your bindings file to the new version when you load it the first time in Odyssey. Not sure if that would cause issues for Horizons (haven't tested), but if so as always keep a backup or create a separate copy so there is one for each build.

@imski - I'm seeing the bindings appear my end, and should be appearing for you. If the script isn't running properly it can cause the bindings not to show. I assume it was/is working on Horizons but if you have recently copied it across then would double check the right folder has been used. Lastly, you could try deleting all the bindings from your folder (make a backup) and just copy the latest bindings and retest. Maybe a chance something in there is broken with Odyssey and stopping the other bindings from showing.

@3KyNoX - No dumb questions :) While we have 2 builds to play, running separate versions of the script should be fine. So keeping the 4.3.0 script/bindings installed for when booting into Horizons, and (hopefully soon!) the 5.0.0 script/bindings for Odyssey. In theory, both versions of script should be able to work with both versions of the game, so should also be able to just use the one version.

@nexy33 - All looking good! The script will convert the Joystick and the Throttle into a single virtual device. Seeing that on the panel there confirms the script is running fine and the two devices are now considered one device. ED should pick this up and identify the bindings file associated with the device and allow it to be selected from the game menu.

(hope I didn't miss anyone..)

Cheers all,
AD

Hi All,

My apologies for the lack of interaction across here on the forums. Quick update, after a few issues getting Odyssey installed, updated etc I got in for a short period to do some new mappings. Ran into a number of issues so it remains a work in progress. Sorry for those who are waiting, I hope to have a version updated this weekend on GitHub.

@Axsom / @Korashen - Old script should work fine on Odyssey. Have had it reported it works, but just missing the on-foot mappings for now.
Cheers all,
AD
Thanks for the status update. I’m using what i’m fairly certain is an older build. I want to say 2.4. Some things no longer work, such as the auto docking request thanks to the menu changes a while back. But the important stuff works perfectly well. For the spacelegs section, i’m falling back to my preferred method of KB/mouse for foot movement. i reserve the thrustmaster for the SRV and Ship movement.

I greatly appreciate that you share your time and work on the profile and settings with the community.

Thanks @CMDR IPL Victim !

I think most CMDRs will be using KB/Mouse vs HOTAS outside of those like me without easy access to a keyboard in the cockpit :). My plan of attack is to have a more default mapping for KB/Mouse users plus dual mapping as much as I can to the HOTAS so at least you can do the basics in stations or other non-combat stuff. Combat on the HOTAS I think will be a bit problematic and have you at a disadvantage, so want to try to ensure both are an option. Keep things flexible.

2.4 is quite an old build now :) Auto-dock has been fixed for the new menus btw, but I think some of the other macros will need alignment for the new UI in Odyssey. Need to test. Will be worthwhile to upgrade when you have a chance.

Cheers, AD

Top Bottom