Thanks for the answer @Aussiedroid. I'm very impressed by the level of quality, the reactivity and the amount of work here. This is definitely a AAA+++ project.

BTW, I installed and tried yesterday the 4.3.0 latest version on my ED-Horizon folder (will try with Odyssey later).
I've ran into a problem where the UI Up/Down/Left/right 15-16-17-18 buttons on the joystick doesn't react in-game.
The script is loaded throught TARGET Script Editor, configured and running correctly, correctly selected in settings inside the game and I've tested all commands (throught the Device Analyzer) which looks like to be recognized correctly.
However, inside the game, there's no reactions in flight with my ship with these buttons. I've tried to remap the buttons in the settings, where I had no problems at all (the buttons are recognized in settings and got a dual mapping using the WSAD on the keyboard). BUT, back in my cockpit, both the joystick or keyboard buttons do not react still...

Thanks in advanced for help with further verifications. Cheers

Hey @3KyNoX ,

Appreciate that mate, thank you.

Which hat switch is it that you are referring to there? The grey hatswitch (sorry cant think of the names of them off the top)? If it is that switch, the commands for that are based on the position of the 3 way toggle on side of throttle arm. Each will change it to comms or wing etc .. so maybe that you are not in the right state in game for the mappings to work. If its not that one though, let me know. Sometimes, others have had one specific button or toggle not work, seemingly randomly. Simple clearing of the mapping, save bindings and then remap and save again can fix it (worth a try if you can).

Cheers, AD

Hi All,

My apologies for the lack of interaction across here on the forums. Quick update, after a few issues getting Odyssey installed, updated etc I got in for a short period to do some new mappings. Ran into a number of issues so it remains a work in progress. Sorry for those who are waiting, I hope to have a version updated this weekend on GitHub.

@imski - I'm seeing the bindings appear my end, and should be appearing for you. If the script isn't running properly it can cause the bindings not to show. I assume it was/is working on Horizons but if you have recently copied it across then would double check the right folder has been used. Lastly, you could try deleting all the bindings from your folder (make a backup) and just copy the latest bindings and retest. Maybe a chance something in there is broken with Odyssey and stopping the other bindings from showing.
Hey,

Finally got everything working last night after doing a full reinstall. Sometimes, the easiest thing to do is switch it off and on again!

One suggestion for 5.0 would be mapping keyboard commands to the warthog throttle, so we can go HOTAM?

Hey @imski ,

Good to hear its all working.

Yep, already planning to support that :) HOTAM might be the way I play for the shorter term till I sort out some sort of kb mounted on the cockpit.

Challenge is that the controls need to be interchangeable between devices. Throttle needs to match keyboard, Joystick needs to match mouse. This will likely impose some limits, but will see what I can do.

To give you an idea (I'm not settled on the config yet), but so far I basically have:

Joystick/Mouse - Head/Camera Movement, fire weapon, aim & utility wheel (may change that to grenades).
Throttle/Keyboard - Strafe/Fwd/Back Movement (both analog & digital mappings), most of the other main mapping on hatswitch & side controls for things like jump, crouch, run, change weapons, melee, use utility etc

AD

If it is that switch, the commands for that are based on the position of the 3 way toggle on side of throttle arm. Each will change it to comms or wing etc .. so maybe that you are not in the right state...
No no luck, or I'm not so effective :)

Using that toggle in any of each 3 positions:
gtQ2JYT.png

Do not permit me to navigate left, up, right, down with this grey hat one:
qkitAqi.png

Still nothing happening.. except when I'm using the modifier(1), it changes correctly the fire groups.
Something wrong looks like happening as well with the joystick fire button as in combat mode, when I'm pressing it, it just make the cannons rolling (but not firing) even if I go to the end of it. In scan mode, it displays a message that the UI Mode is not correct and to press the key "é" (on my french leyboard) to modify it. Pressing that key brings me to the chat.. Not sure if it can be related or not. In addtion being not very effective with your script, I'm a new player as well.

I also tried to erase the full bindings/ folder and ran the game to re-create it, then re-paste the profile .binds file, run the script and launch the game. No changes.
If it was the operation to do that you explained at the end of your message (ie. Sometimes, others have had one specific button or toggle not work, seemingly randomly. Simple clearing of the mapping, save bindings and then remap and save again can fix it (worth a try if you can)).

Anyway, if you got more further ways to solve that or need any additional information from me, that's kool.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey @3KyNoX ,

Ah, we are talking about the other CMS hat switch. Sorry, I assumed it might be the Trim hat switch on the top of the Joystick. In that case the modifier on the Throttle isn't the issue. The CMS hat switch is mapped only in the binding file and not managed by the script, so that helps us narrow down potential causes.

You mention you are using a French Keyboard .. can I confirm if you have changed the language in the script to French under the user preferences? This should align the different keyboard layout.

Also, which version of the game are you running and which version of the script?

Cheers,
AD

Morning there.

Yes. KB_FR is defined (rest is default for now).
I've got the Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals So MFD is disabled and the UseRudder is kept activated.
pwlreSY.png

Then compile and run prior running the game. The script version is the latest (4.3.0).

As the profile for Odyssey is still an ongoing development, for the time being, I sticked with Horizon to limit any potential problems:
VV4Twl4.png

Good evening :)

Hmm, from your earlier description it is sounding like there are a few things not quite right on the Joystick. The fire mode for the primary trigger can be changed using the 3-way switch on the side of the throttle. Can try firing with the toggle in other positions and see if it may fix the firing issue.

Would you know which version of firmware your Joystick has installed? or have you updated it recently?

If running an older version it might cause some weird behaviour. Current version should be v12 for Joystick, and v23 for Throttle. Also worth checking you are running the latest version of the software v3.0.20.826. Give it an update/reinstall if you might be on older version.

It sounds like you understood my earlier suggestion on clearing the mapping and remapping again and also sounds like you have copied new version in (fresh download) and still occurring.

Also just to check again, are you using 4.3.0 on Horizons or on Odyssey? Or do you get the same problems on both game versions?

Cheers, AD

Last edited:
Evening for u, morning for me :p
Let's dig deeper. Definitely thanks for the time and efforts in my case. I like to be precise on the things I do (as a developer in my job) and got the patience to make everything works.

---
1. "The fire mode for the primary trigger can be changed using the 3-way switch on the side of the throttle. Can try firing with the toggle in other positions and see if it may fix the firing issue"

- So inside the game, in combat mode, here's the results of the three modes when using the fire button:
Any of the 3-way positions, once I press the firing buttons, we see the canons rolling, no firing, in TARGET script, we can notice the 3-way switch working:
JNbveh5.png

Going at the deepest part of the fire button do not do more.

- In scan mode (the double trigger to switch to scan mode works well on joystick)
Just saying cockpit mode is incorrect and to press the (é) key to modify it. As explained before, pressing this (é) key open the chat window.
Deepest part of firing button still have no more effect.
BiPpCSk.png

Using any of the 3-ways switch do not change this behavior.
That is for this question / checks.

2. "Also if you can check outside of the game, is the hatswitch or other buttons etc working fine in Windows after the script is running?"
Apparently yes, here pressing hatswitch and firing at the same time:
KRjMxcR.png

3. "Would you know which version of firmware your Joystick has installed? or have you updated it recently?"
Target and drivers/firmware have been installed recently on this computer (two days ago) after a recent Windows reinstallation (insider dev channel) for the purpose of playing ED. So everything is fresh.

yablrn3.png

4. "Also just to check again, are you using 4.3.0 on Horizons or on Odyssey? Or do you get the same problems on both game versions?"
Indeed I'm running the script 4.3.0 on Horizon only, didn't checked yet on Odyssey. The Tqrget Gui version software is the exact version you told (but I'm not using the gui but Target script instead to use this profile with the ED).

---

Extra thing I've done is getting rid of my USB hub as it have some connection problems if it's not on a specific physical position. I noticed in some cases the joystick was not responding. I was using an external keyboard and mouse + the rudder pedal plugged on this usb hub; so to resume, I only plugged the joystick and throttle on the two only usb plug on my laptop directly and get rid of the usb hub / external keyboard / external mouse / rudder pedals, re-ran the script, re-launched the game to get the results explained above in this post. The joystick is responding well each time now.

I hope everything is correctly explained and ready to dig more!

Thanks for the detailed info @3KyNoX . It does help to try to narrow down this issue, but that said I have to admit I am at a bit of a dead end on what this might be.

Let me see if I can recap on what we have checked so far.. and what we know .. (see if this might bring up some more ideas)..

• Script is running successfully with no errors, and virtual device being created.
  • Latest firmware and software running for Target devices.
  • ED is finding the bindings and loading fine, most things work but a few do not. No issues with Throttle for example.
  • You had some device drops/issues, but now USB ports cycled you are getting solid connection.
  • CMS Hatswitch does work for change fire group with the modifier but not other mappings.
  • Tried remapping those commands by clearing/saving/reassign in the bindings file/game but there was not any change in output.
  • Windows showing buttons working fine with script running, Device manager showing output.
  • Language for keyboard has been set to French and mainly using default user prefs besides that.
  • Horizons using 4.3.0 .. untested in Odyssey (but likely the same)
  • Running via Target Script not GUI (shouldn't matter at any rate)
  • Cockpit mode error on double tap pinky trigger - something else potentially firing/cross-mapped (TBC).
  • ... did I miss anything?

So to me, for the most, things to seem to be working OK - no red flags so to speak. Target is creating virtual device, game is finding the device and allowing bindings to be loaded. It seems to works outside of the game but not in the game. I mentioned previously, for both the grey hat switches on the Joystick, these have no code running in the script. It is purely mapped in the binding file so would eliminate any logic issues in the script causing this. But remapping your end with your keyboard did not fix it - resulting in the same behaviour.

I know from previous CMDRs that the language change works, but that was for the German revision. Not sure I have had it confirmed from French revision yet. I wonder if there might still need to be some remapping done in the binding file or KeyMap file. On the Windows side, you can also choose your keyboard layout. May be worth checking what you have set or trying different options there to see if it changes the output when you load into the game.

Also to the point of you having some dropping out in the past till you sorted out your USB ports. There could be a chance if you were in game session/running the script that loss of a controller could corrupt the binding file. It may be worth while to try a fresh download/copy, delete the old one now things are stable if you haven't already.

I keep coming back to it being an issue with the keyboard configuration .. some sort of miss-mapping between English and French .. only way we could be sure though would be to try it all in English if you had the hardware. Either way, remapping should fix it but doesn't seem to be.

Another curious thing to try would be to see if remapping hat switch to something that works on another button or toggle will allow the hat switch to work. May narrow down if its a specific function or key or mapping that is causing an issue. Could be the problematic mapping, mapped on another button also doesn't work.

Is the HOTAS a recent purchase or have you been using it previously on ED or other games? I doubt its a hardware issue given everything we know but would be good confirmation to know its worked on other scripts or games on your laptop previously.

Could also try unplugging any other USB devices you dont need while testing. I would even unplug the rudder pedals for now and configure the script to run without until the rest is working. Just to eliminate as much as we can from the equation. Need to narrow down where this issue may lie, is it the game, script, bindings, hardware, language. I'm leaning towards its being a binding issue, but not 100% sure.

(Scratches head)

Cheers, AD

Last edited:
Hey All,

Uploaded new Beta Odyssey build to GitHub last night. Core mappings for HOTAS On Foot done and seems to be working fine. Not sure if its going to be much good for Combat, but fine for most other tasks. New Flag tracking for the new on-foot flags has also been added thanks to some help from CMDR Clicker. Its compiling fine, but need to test out more. Should hopefully not be crashing when transitioning to-from on-foot.

A lot more work to be done before release. There is still a lot to test, and with the addition of the 3rd mode the rest of the code will need further flag checks to ensure the right commands only fire in the right modes. Few macros will need updating too, plus will need to check it works across Horizons and Odyssey builds.

If you have a chance to check it out .. appreciate any feedback. I'm sure there are still a few things to iron out.

AD

Hey All,

Uploaded new Beta Odyssey build to GitHub last night. Core mappings for HOTAS On Foot done and seems to be working fine. Not sure if its going to be much good for Combat, but fine for most other tasks. New Flag tracking for the new on-foot flags has also been added thanks to some help from CMDR Clicker. Its compiling fine, but need to test out more. Should hopefully not be crashing when transitioning to-from on-foot.

A lot more work to be done before release. There is still a lot to test, and with the addition of the 3rd mode the rest of the code will need further flag checks to ensure the right commands only fire in the right modes. Few macros will need updating too, plus will need to check it works across Horizons and Odyssey builds.

If you have a chance to check it out .. appreciate any feedback. I'm sure there are still a few things to iron out.

AD
hi just looked at github couldn't see an updated script I'm going to this link
https://github.com/Aussiedroid/AD-EDWarthogEnhancedScript ??

hi just looked at github couldn't see an updated script I'm going to this link
https://github.com/Aussiedroid/AD-EDWarthogEnhancedScript ??
Indeed, if you want to get benefit of this beta in the meantime a realease file is uploaded, you need to have git installed on your machine then open a console and type:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/Aussiedroid/AD-EDWarthogEnhancedScript
cd AD-EDWarthogEnhancedScript
git checkout odyssey

Then you got the 5.0 folder.

@Aussiedroid About the bindings problems, I'm making more tests today with 5.0 beta. Yesterday was full for me :)

Ok @Aussiedroid - from the begining it was my fault. When I told you I was a dumb man..
The fire button problem first was a problem on the ship, once I switched to another ship and even better, sell-rebuy weapons on the problematic ship, fire buttons was working.
One problem resolved.

The second one is a misunderstanding. I was speaking of this joystick grey hat because I thought it was the right buttons to navigate throw the UI, meaning to go left while on the ship to get the destination panel, right to see all your ship details, up for chat and down for suit and other stuff. BUT, it was to navigate inside a panel or a menu, and thus always worked correctly.

The correct binding I was looking for was to press (modifier2) and the throttle side hat to navigate throw the UI like I wanted. So definitely a bad reading and fault on my side.
Everything is working.

Sorry...

ps: incoming update for bindings maps (binding images) for the 5.0?

Awesome! Glad its all working @3KyNoX .. I was starting to run out of ideas how to troubleshoot :)

I will update the binding maps accordingly for the On-Foot mappings. I haven't done that yet, but a quick break down (from my notes) is as follows:

Throttle Nub & Thumb Hatswitch - Player Movement

Throttle Index Finger Hatswitch (main action mappings):

UP - (Short Press) Melee, (Long Press) Sprint
DOWN - (S) Crouch, (L) Reload
LEFT - (S) Switch Tools, (L) Toggle Tool Mode
RIGHT - (S) Switch Weapon, (L) Toggle Weapon Mode

Throttle RED BUTTON - (S) Interact, (L) Interact Secondary (also temporarily on Left/Right of hatswitch on Joystick)

FAOFF - (PRESS) Jump, (HOLD) Utility Wheel (Jump is also currently on Joystick CMS hatswitch UP direction)

Flashlight will be on the Nightvision toggle on side of Throttle.

Joystick axes - Head Movement
Joystick Trigger - Fire Weapon .. Second Tier is Grenades
Pinky Trigger - Aim

Think that covers the main things (might be a couple things left to map or move around) .. all should also be mapped to keyboard & mouse accordingly.

Some of the mappings on the side of the Throttle Arm required code changes .. so I havent had a chance to test these out yet (but should work).

Cheers, AD

1622452702928.png
Hello,

I just installed version 5 (Ody) al is working so far but the system map with the thruster switch wont work, the galaxy map with same switch to other side is working
yesterday with the 4.3 version all went fine

Geetz Nick

Last edited:
Hey @Nick Bailey

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check it out my end next time I am in game. Can I confirm, is it just not working when on foot or does the system map not work at all in any modes?

Cheers,
AD

Top Bottom