Hi Axsom, hi AD,

Second, With my new build, this also included a NEW W10 Pro OS operating system and completely new software setup. Including my Wathog HOTAS and your script. However, I seem to still have the bug. Where I must activate the script as my first operation to only have the 'Virtual Game Controller'. If I do anything other first, then I will still have the 'Joystick' & 'Throttle' along with the 'Virtual Game Controller'.

This is exactly the same issue what I tried to describe in my previous comments here. Maybe I did not explained it clear enough but I am no native speaker and if nobody is facing the same issue that you get lost at some point.
I am facing this issue since more than a year now when AD helped me to get the script working as intended. So I figured out a clear order scheme for myself what to start after each other to get the bindings to work.
Especially it sucked when I am using HCS voicepacks with Voice Attack and the RIFT and the controller were not working as intended in the GREAT Aussiedroid script "art" work of my favourite WARTHOG hotas.

Please let me know what you did to solve it. I can also tell you my solution if you are interested. Currently I am in my office at work and not at my private PC.

@AD:
If the official new ED Addon April, 23 is live, will there be also an updates for your script necessary or can I proceed with your 4.0.0. installation which I planned or this coming weekend.

BR,
major7079
aka ingame E.P. Cole --- see U in the sky.

@AD:
If the official new ED Addon April, 23 is live, will there be also an updates for your script necessary or can I proceed with your 4.0.0. installation which I planned or this coming weekend.
Hey major7079,

Yeah, there will be an update when the April update goes live. I have a small fix for a deadzone issue in my beta build at the moment that I plan to push to the release version but also want to ensure the rest works in the new version.

You can still check out the 4.0.0 version if you like. It will be very similar to the next version and does have quite a few improvements/fixes.

Cheers, AD

This is exactly the same issue what I tried to describe in my previous comments here. Maybe I did not explained it clear enough but I am no native speaker and if nobody is facing the same issue that you get lost at some point.
I am facing this issue since more than a year now when AD helped me to get the script working as intended. So I figured out a clear order scheme for myself what to start after each other to get the bindings to work.
Especially it sucked when I am using HCS voicepacks with Voice Attack and the RIFT and the controller were not working as intended in the GREAT Aussiedroid script "art" work of my favourite WARTHOG hotas.

Please let me know what you did to solve it. I can also tell you my solution if you are interested. Currently I am in my office at work and not at my private PC.

I've had the same issue at first but it was solved after changing to USB Ports to USB 2.0 via a USB Hub. After that everything runs smooth

Hey @AD

just curious if you could bin 2the pinky trigger (2nd FireButton) to a keybind instead of joy2? This would help a lot to be clean at VoiceAttack :)

Hi Disi,

I had this issue some time ago when I started using HCS Voicepacks and I solved it by creating a secondary (key) binding for everthing within ED Controller Settings.
In my bind file I have R_CTRL+1 for Primary and R_CTRL+2 for Secondary Fire.

Hope this helps

Clicker

Hey @AD

just curious if you could bin 2the pinky trigger (2nd FireButton) to a keybind instead of joy2? This would help a lot to be clean at VoiceAttack :)
Hey Disi,

Not sure I am 100% following the issue, but you should be able to remap the Mouse mapping for secondary fire to a keybind if you need. I thought VA would be cool with a mouse press as well as a keybind? I guess I could change these though, as I only set them as mouse as a fallback really (and doubt anyone really uses it directly).)

If you wanted to change the actual Pinky Trigger mappings though, you can remap the double tap on the trigger via the user prefs, but with everything else for single tap mapped to it as a modifier, changing it further would be difficult. If you meant the Pinky Button, then this can also be remapped via the user prefs now too. :)

Cheers, AD

Well im using the second mouse button for my FSS scanner to be honest because is hard to get used to the HOTAS in that case :D

Im still not fit in getting used to the POV (8 Achses the top one) im not able to get wingman targets selected etc. :D

I'll try my luck with remapping

Hey @Aussiedroid .. Thanks a lot for putting in the time to create this script. I am trying to run the script for the first time and I am receiving the below error"

Running script: C:\Users\ManRoom\Desktop\scripts for target\Aussiedroid-ED-Warthog-Script-4.0.0\AD-EDWarthogEnhancedScript-4.0.0\Warthog Script\AD_ED_v4.0.0.tmc
* Allocated ProcInstances found from the previous run: use FreeProcInstance() *
Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"
Compile Succeeded.
Script stopped!

Runtime Error: Symbol not found: TFRPHARudder in main ( line 50 in AD_ED_v4.0.0.tmc )

I have absolutely no idea what to do... I know its something simply I am missing but yeah. Changing any of the values in the core hardware area doesn't seem to have any effect to the outcome either. Any help would be much appreciated :)

I have the TFRP pedals

Last edited:
Hey @INSTIG8R,

Thanks for checking the script out! :geek:

Are you running the latest drivers, software & firmware on your devices? (There was an update mid-late last year)

I think the error means it doesnt recognise the device, which may indicate older "before the new TPR rudder pedals were released" version.

Cheers, AD

Last edited:
Hey @Aussiedroid . Yeah pretty sure I was running older drivers. Uninstalled them and installed new ones but still receiving the same error.
My drivers are now: (copied from website)
- HOTAS WARTHOG Flight Stick (Firmware: V12)

- HOTAS WARTHOG Dual Throttles (Firmware: V23)

- TPR Rudder (Firmware: V1.15)

Changes in this package:

- Added support for TPR Rudder

Anything else I can try?

@INSTIG8R ... Yep, most likely old version of TARGET software.

Quick way to tell:-
  • Open Target Script Editor
  • Open Aussiedroids script and hit compile
  • Select Target.tmh
  • Line 9 should be = alias TFRPHARudder = "VID_044F&PID_B68F", JoystickF18 = "VID_044F&PID_0403";
  • if it's not there, go to Thrustmaster site and download latest version of TARGET software = TARGET_v3018(328v2).exe
Hope this helps.

Clicker

@Aussiedroid just running through all the options now. Have to say... this is heaps better than what I was using before. Much better for VR once I get to learn what everything does. Thanks a lot for the time you spent putting this together. Must have taken a long time! I would have ripped my hair out in the early stages ha ha.

Thank a lot for the positive feedback INSTIG8R! Hopefully it wont take you too long for the muscle memory to kick in and get the basics down.

Yeah, there were certainly a lot of hours into the scripting (many hair pulling hours too lol). First, I had to learn how to write the code, which was the biggest challenge, but at the end of the day I don't mind the time spent as it has been an enjoyable project and I have learned a lot! :cool:

Fly Safe CMDR, AD

I'm getting the same error as INSTIG8R was:

Mapped plugin module "F:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"
Script stopped!

Runtime Error: Symbol not found: TFRPHARudder in main ( line 51 in AD_ED_v4.0.0.tmc )

Followed the steps posted by Clicker above and line 9 in Target.tmh reads:
alias TFRPHARudder = "VID_044F&PID_B68F", JoystickF18 = "VID_044F&PID_0403";

Warthog Joystick firmware is at v12 and Throttle at v23

I can't find any firmware updates for the TFRP, but have installed the latest software from https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/tfrp-en/

Both Target and the script editor say they are version v3.0.16.520, though I have installed the latest version from the web site, which says it is v3.0.18.328 (exe is TARGET_v3018(328v2).exe)

Help!

Thanks, Roy

Hey @rtrm,

On my install it is saying:

Perhaps the install didn't complete successfully. Might be worth uninstalling, restarting and then running through the setup again to see if it updates properly?

Cheers, AD

Finally got it to work. My Target software was on the F: drive and it seems the uninstall/upgrade wasn't actually working on it. After deleting all instances of the path in the registry it worked.

Thanks for the help!

Sorry, I have another problem, think I must have missed something.

I've put the bindings file in the bindings folder (C:\Users\Roy\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings in my case). But it doesn't then appear in the Options | Controls Presets dropdown in the game. Do I need to rename it first?

Thanks, Roy

Top Bottom