Hey aussiedroid,

thanks for the scripts. I haven't gotten too deep because I haven't played ED in half a year. Tried to get back on and my joysticks weren't recognized, im not sure about my bindings but they are pretty borked.

I use to have ThrustMasterWarthogJoystick, ThrustMasterWarthogThrottle

but now they show up as Missing devices: ThrustMasterWarthogJoystick, ThrustMasterWarthogThrottle

I changed them to combined but it doesn't seem to work like it use to. (this is on my bindings not yours).

So first... Do you know anything about that? is that something Thrustmaster did and changed it to ThrustMasterWarthogCombined or no? Does combined still have every available option or is combined now less functional than having them individual?

Second... If i were to switch to your binding / scripts, what would be the best way to go about re-organizing or modifying things. If i started to modify things would that then cause future issues with new releases? etc. Things like I have a personal preference on which hats do what, etc etc so I was just looking for some advice on the best way to go about it or what your thoughts were.

thanks!

Hey Zurie,

Thanks for checking out the script!

Firstly, I have found recently since some Windows 10 updates that the Event Viewer and Device Analyzer don't work anymore. Not sure if this is wide spread or not but was reported by another user too. If its happening for you too, then it does throw a spanner in the works trying to troubleshoot.

I would start with trying to unplug any USB devices not in use (everything except the kb/mouse if possible), along with the HOTAS. Shut down the PC and let it start up again and only plug in the HOTAS. This should enforce the device identifier to be the first positions in the list and ensure the virtual device is created properly. In Windows, there is a Game Controller window (search 'game' in search bar should find it) that will show the order of the game controllers.

If that doesn't help, next step I would try would be to do a full uninstall and reinstall with latest software, drivers and firmware. There was an update last year for the new TM pedals and if I recall a firmware update for the Joystick. Could be an older version installed which would cause issues (specifically with my script). CMDR Clicker also provided some instructions to similar issues in the thread which would provide some further detail (might be a few pages back now though). Give those a try and let us know if you are still having issues.

Regarding changing scripts, editing, modifying etc, moving forward I do not think there will be a massive amount of changes to the script outside of what the 2020 update may bring. Saying that, there is a good mix of commands mapped directly in the binding file as well as in the script obviously, so keeping track of the changes might be a bit of a manual process depending how much you were wanting to change up. Changing some things may be difficult too depending how significant the changes are you want to make.

If there were any specific changes you were looking to do, happy to offer some advice/direction. :)

Most CMDRs would likely keep track of their user preferences and the like to update as new versions are released and do some copy/paste/edit as needed. One thing a number of CMDRs do is to have their own fork of my code on GitHub. This is basically a custom version a CMDR runs. Through GitHub, when I push an update out it would give you the ability to compare the text/code to identify the specific changes and I believe give you the option of what to merge into your fork. Same could probably be accomplished with a good text editor if you weren't on GitHub.

I've been slowly plugging away on a new minor update btw, which I hope to finalise this coming weekend (just in case you were going down the path of a bigger modification). Expect this will be my final update for sometime till likely the end of next year when the 2020 update is out, given I am not really playing ED right now.

Cheers, AD

-> October Update!

Update 4.2.1: VOID ALIGNMENT PROTOCOL (Update #24)

** IMPORTANT - v4.2.1 Requires the latest 2018 (v3.0.18.328 or higher) Update for TARGET Software, Drivers & Firmware to be installed. **

-> Some small improvements based on user feedback, plus some remaining 'missed' VoiceAttack keybinds have now been added.

New to the script? Be sure to also check out the new
Beginners Reference Map in the download pack.

List of Changes:

IMPROVEMENT: CruiseOnThrottle now works in both directions! When holding a Modifier and hitting 0% throttle you can engage or disengage Supercruise, just like you could previously at 100%.

IMPROVEMENT: ED-BAT updated to v0.4, now has an alternative startup link for Steam based EDLauncher, to allow use of Steam Overlay & Screenshot Capture. (This needs to be manually edited per instructions in BAT if you use Steam) (Thx SpinCykle)

FIXED: Reset HMD Orientation now mapped correctly in binding file to CTRL+HOME. (Thx T4k3shi47)

FIXED: VoiceAttack Update: Added explicit mapping for SRV Throttle Reverse (CTRL+R), same as Ship. (Thx SpinCykle)

FIXED: VoiceAttack Update: Added keybind mapping for Primary/Secondary Fire (SHIFT+1/SHIFT+2). (Note, this removes the Mouse 1/2 bindings) (Thx SpinCykle)

FIXED: VoiceAttack Update: Added keybind mapping for Exit FSS (SHIFT+F). (Note, this removes the Exit FSS mapped (Joy28+Joy4) on the Enter FSS button) (Thx SpinCykle)

:alien: Fly Safe CMDRs! :alien:

** Please visit the ModDB link or GitHub link to get the latest version *** Steam Guide can be found here **

Hi ptimate,

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not sure where I could fit Landing Gear on the Joystick since the functionality is designed for a toggle switch.

One option you could use is the Double Tap Pinky Trigger user preference, and remap that to Landing Gear? You would need to move the cockpit mode switch to something else though.

Cheers,
AD

Hello Hello Hello,
Been on a break but IIII'mmmm BBBAAACCCKKK (in my most sinister voice)...
I upgraded to the latest script (I think) v4.2.0 and started practicing playing with FAOff. I remembered that the Auto-Pilot switch had changed the joystick axes curve speeds. But when I flipped the toggle switch, it flashed my ship lights. So, I started looking at the changelog. Yes, when all else fails read the instructions.
Now, I haven't been able to get back in the game this yet - work and all that boring stuff.
But am I reading this correctly, that when I toggle FAOff (with the switch on the side of the throttle) this will slow the axes curve for better precision? and because I am using TFRP rudder pedals with UseRuddersT16000=1 (only) and UseRudderAxisCurves=1 settings, this [should] also slow the rudder axes for precision?

In the Target GUI this is the result from toggling the switch:
Joystick Profile[0]: Yaw=0, Curve=0, Zoom=0
Returning to Joystick Profile [0]: Yaw=0, Curve=0, Zoom=0

I had played with the setting in the Joystick Axis section and the best I could get was Joystick Profile[1]: Yaw=2, Curve=1, Zoom=0 to change one time then back to zeros.
but now that I changed the settings back to their original settings (I did this by using the undo, and yes saved), now the return is:
Joystick Profile[1]: Yaw=2, Curve=1, Zoom=0
Returning to Joystick Profile [1]: Yaw=2, Curve=1, Zoom=0

Once again, I ask for your advice. What I'd like to do is have the curve set to fast during FAOn and Slow with FAOff. If this is changing it manually using the Auto Pilot toggle or automatically with the FA toggle, it doesn't matter to me. So, what would be the best/easiest way to set this up.

As always, thanks in advance for any advice/help you offer...

xanadu

Banned
Hi Aussie and all Captains , back to ED after few years, first of all thx for your superb work , just a noob question, a hmd recenter view need to be assigned ? or already exist?thank you

xanadu,
I believe that the Eng Operation left switch (quick), will recenter. If you look at the maps, look at the 4th box of controls, on the left side of the throttle base.

Personally, I use VA and just say "recenter HMD"

Hey Aussie, I've finally been able to offer advice (hope I was right), instead of just asking a question...

Last edited:

xanadu

Banned
Guys sorry again , another noob question : "open TARGET Script Editor, Open & Compile AD_ED_v4.x.x & then Edit AD_EDUserPrefs_v4.x.x.tmh"
i change only the keyboard layout, the rest can be left as they are?

Hello

to use the command:

// * system ("spawn -w \" main folder software "\" exe shortcut "");

UAC must be disabled:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
EnableLUA =0

Reboot your pc

At your own risk

Ptimale

xanadu

Banned
Hello

to use the command:

// * system ("spawn -w \" main folder software "\" exe shortcut "");

UAC must be disabled:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
EnableLUA
=0

Reboot your pc

At your own risk

Ptimale
Hi Ptimale , what is that for ? in the installation guide is not on the list , i dont' follow i'm sorry ...

Having just upgraded to an MFG Crosswind I'm having a little bit of trouble. The device is calibrated and is recognised in the Target script editor. I've recompiled the script, though I couldn't see any user preferences that needed changing. However, the binds file in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings does not appear as an option in the pull down in the Controls screen.

I did notice that the script says nothing about the MFG Crosswind when it detects devices when launching the script:

Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"
Physical USB HID devices managed by script!
Currently plugged USB HID devices[2]:
1: "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0402&REV_0100"
2: "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0404&REV_0100"
USB HID device "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0404\6&51F694D&0&3) selected
USB HID device "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0402\6&51F694D&0&4) selected
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0403" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B10B" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B687" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B679" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B68F" cannot be found
Virtual HID devices managed by script!
Connecting virtual joystick...Done
Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined
Connecting virtual keyboard...Done
Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ENHANCEMENTS LOADING: v4.0.0 TARGET Mappings, Macros & Functions Decrypted <|>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:....USER PREFERENCES....:
[Run Software @ Start = 0] [Custom Slider Curve = 1] [PIP Mgt. Preset = 2] [MFD Active = 0]
[Cargo Precision Mode = 0] [S/Cruise @ Throttle = 1] [Chaff @ Escape = 0] [Boost @ Esc = 0]
[Combine External Mic = 0] [Sec. Fire Override = 0] [NightVision HUD = 0] [Ext Mic+Mic = 0]
[Headtrak Center Mode = 0] [Ship Utility Mode = 0] [LED Backlight = 172] [LED ¡Bling! = 1]

:..DEFAULT TOGGLE STATE..:
[Combine Pri+Sec Fire = 1] [Rot. Correction = 1] [C/ Scoop = 0] [L/ Gear = 0] [Lights = 0]
Starting Macros... Dual-Stage Trigger: Set to COMBINED Primary + Secondary Fire
Rotation Correction: ENABLED ^^
Initialising Joystick Axis ... Initialising Throttle Axis ...
Setting Throttle Profile: FULL SCALE [-100 -> 100]
Done... Enhanced ED Script Engineered by Aussiedroid is now running... Fly Safe CMDR! <|>
main returned 0

Hi @rtrm ,

Ok, so, first of all, as the MFG Crosswinds are not a Thrustmaster device, the script won’t automatically detect them.

Due to the above, the script does not do anything with those pedals, so the game itself will treat them as a seperate device Which will need to be bound in the controller settings before they’re recognised and function in game...I believe Aussiedroid provides a binds file specifically with this device defined.
This file can be found in the package you downloaded under “...\EDBindings\WITH MFG Crosswind”

If you haven’t already done so, you need to copy this bind file manually to the binds folder before you fire up the script.

When starting, if the game cannot find any of the devices defined in the selected bind file, it will throw an error by creating an error log file within the binds folder...then it automatically selects a default bind profile (which obviously won’t work with the script).

Hope this helps.
Let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Clicker

Last edited:
Thanks for the response Clicker

Yes, I am using the Crosswinds bind file... well, trying to, as it doesn't appear in the in-game drop-down.

The game doesn't create the error log file in the bindings folder. I've used that for troubleshooting previously.

Top Bottom