Automation and Scripting - An investigation into further abuses of BGS and Powerplay

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Just a suggestion to you guys :

- Did you report to FD when AOS asked support from botters in order to help them win an election in Gateway ?
- Did AEDC communicated towards Allioth Council and Alliance players in general why there is no more revendication about Lave ?

Just curious here.

which commander asked who and when did that happen ?

Spelling is correct, it's just the wrong word.

I'll admit I have not read this entire thread, so apologies if someone has already offered this remedy, but bots could be 100% entirely stopped with one easy step added to all Power Play interfaces in game.

Behold, the cure!

OCR tools generally out do humans at captcha at this point.

I'd favor telemetry collection, mass account deletions, and automatic correction of variables that were likely influenced by botting...on top of making gameplay generally as non-conducive to automation as possible.

I'd favor telemetry collection, mass account deletions, and automatic correction of variables that were likely influenced by botting...on top of making gameplay generally as non-conducive to automation as possible.

I'm on board with that!

I'd never heard of OCR until your post and just had few interesting reads about it, thanks.

I'll admit I have not read this entire thread, so apologies if someone has already offered this remedy, but bots could be 100% entirely stopped with one easy step added to all Power Play interfaces in game.

Behold, the cure!

Except those are not that great a solution anymore, you can train an ai quite easily now a days, with a ton of different offered software with screen and text scanning capabilities, to get 'enough' rights to seem like a human player.
Those text are just the visible part behind, there are several other events being captured to judge, how fast you react, how your cursor moves and so on, though I suppose in some measure that could be implemented as well, but it would become an annoyance for players which isn't a real solution then either.

sollisb

Banned
Old news. These tools were all being talked about way back at the 'git gud while using G1 mats for G5 boosts' was a thing. Nothing was done then, doubtful it will change. To do so, would require a rewrite of the net architecture.

Spelling is correct, it's just the wrong word.

But not all captcha is text related, the classic clic this button is an example.

Cheats in Elite? Maybe that's how you "git gud" in the game? ;)

I didn't even realize that it was possible to hack elite. After watching the video, I did some research and apparently there's been cheats and hacks for years. Season 2 and before, so it's not a new thing. It's been there all the time. Sad.

Old news. These tools were all being talked about way back at the 'git gud while using G1 mats for G5 boosts' was a thing. Nothing was done then, doubtful it will change. To do so, would require a rewrite of the net architecture.
So you're saying we should all use it?

FDev, Are you going to do ANYTHING about this? Or even with this will you continue to put your fingers in your ears and tell us you can't spot cheaters?

Source: https://youtu.be/3z-f-hIuGTA
Look, all forms of cheeting need to be dealt with seriously. This client has been lurking in ED for ages, it's only now getting attention. Botting and hacked clients are both important to various parts of this community. It needs to be taken seriously. So far, as with the last two years of fighting the bots and Frontier, little has been done.

I would say for most players, botting does very to impact their gameplay. I myself have never seen these supposed "bot" players. That isn't to say they don't exist and PP never seemed flushed out or interesting enough to get into.

My point is most players simply don't care enough to make noise to FD to really fix it because it does not really impact them.

I can confirm that Frontier has been aware of everything that has been shown in OA's video since at least the fall of last year, as well as the updates made right after 3.3 was released.

But I welcome any outcry, in the hope that this will result in something more than "we take each instance of cheating extremely seriously" statements

Though I do care, the reasons given in the video of why I should care aren't compelling reasons. What if I don't care about the BGS? It's not the players who need to care. It's FDev who needs to care.

Why did this suddenly become important if it's been happening for a year? Why all the call to arms now? I've seen a lot of threads of people calling this out, told to "git gud" or play in Solo. Did someone important get ganked?

Why all the call to arms now? Did someone important get ganked?
Dunno - but I'm happy that it's been brought centre stage. I think that Exigious and Ryan M were working together on the reddit and youtube posts and I assume that Obsidian Ant has jumped on the bandwagon. - He seems able to turn out a topic fairly quickly and TBH I don't follow Obsidian that closely. I do aknowledge that he is the most popular and well known Elite YouTuber and deservedly so.

But those of us with our noses to the ground sniffing along after the botters and the hackers - those of us on the receiving end of their unwelcome attentions - We are happy if some popular and articulate people decide together to make a noise. I'll gladly rattle my cup along the jailhouse bars if it shames Frontier into action.

I've seen enough of their lukewarm responses and failure to properly grasp the problem.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom