Be honest everyone. Who will most likely purchase the Python MkII..?

But to be fair, in the livestreams it was made very clear that this will be a combat ship, not a multirole one.

We have enough multirole ships, but FDL badly needed a contender and looks like Python MKII is it!
It’s ok, I missed this info. I however think that from marketing viewpoint would be Python alternative much better choice, but it’s just me :). Next to it I think that having even faster potential murderhobo ship will only make open less appealing game mode. But there could be enough pvp players which would have good use for P2.

Last edited:
It's just first impressions, but really good. Also - engineer'able 5A FSD (SCO) drive o_O
I want the 5A sco alone. I wonder when/if/how that module becomes available. Fdev have not mentioned that at all. Might even require some lore around it, vs Sirius Corp and the older FSD drives. All the mats I spent on the old style FSD's for my current fleet of ships... seems like alot or most or all might have a reason to move to the SCO drive. And I still prefer the LSD name for the new style FSD drive.

LSD = Ludicrous Speed Drive :)

Extremely disappointed with the internals. You release a Python and you expect a certain something from it. This is not a Python, this is an FDL mk2.

Definitely wouldn’t pay arx for this thing.

Oh well, maybe they’ll release a good looking FDL Mk2 with a ton of internals.
By this point people complaining that something new they publish for the game completely sucks is a joke. It happens every single time.

I would almost even dare to say that, as a general heuristic, the more people complain about it, the better it actually is (ahem
SCO FSD
ahem)

It’s ok, I missed this info. I however think that from marketing viewpoint would be Python alternative much better choice, but it’s just me :). Next to it I think that having even faster potential murderhobo ship will only make open less appealing game mode. But there could be enough pvp players which would have good use for P2.

I can’t imagine this ship will be the straw that breaks the camels back. The FDL, Mamba, Chieftain, and Krait already exist and all are fast and have tons of firepower.

They don’t have more firepower than people can have shields and methods of escape, but that’s another discussions

By this point people complaining that something new they publish for the game completely sucks is a joke. It happens every single time.

I would almost even dare to say that, as a general heuristic, the more people complain about it, the better it actually is (ahem
SCO FSD
ahem)

I’m not disappointed with the ship per se. It seems to be fantastic for what it does. I’m only disappointed because I was expecting a Python Mk2 but got an FDL Mk2 instead.

I will not be pre-purchsing it despite having more than enough ARX to do so, even the pre-built version. Apparently the only thing I can do is vote with my "wallet" to declare what I think about this new monetization scheme which is in direct opposition to prior absolute statements made by FDev in relation to this kind of monetization.

I have no problem supporting them financially—and would very much like to—but I will not support using money to circumvent gameplay that others who don't pay must engage with to achieve the same end. This just feels like an attempt to turn a beloved game with a dedicated fan base into a resource to be farmed for money. That is not what I kickstarted this game for.

When I first heard about this I said as much as a knee-jerk reaction. This time around I have had plenty of time to digest what has been proposed (I say that like there is even a chance that this won't go ahead) and ultimately came full circle back to my original conclusion.

I find it sad that right now you have one fan base (Escape from Tarkov) screaming blue murder over similar, manipulative, behaviour and yet this community seems to be screaming "Abuse me FDev, step on me please!".

I see the argument "Don't tell me what I can do with my money" a lot. It is yelled apparently with the assumption that their actions occur in a vacuum with no affect on others at all. That is simply not true. If you buy into this then FDev will do it more and game design decisions will be influenced by it. History has clearly shown this. That affects MY game not just yours.

Don't get me wrong I am well aware that I am talking to a wall. This kind of monetization works because it preys on the weaknesses of human beings. Those that have declared that they will buy into this have no doubt spun a story for themselves to justify why this is all OK. Many also choose to mock others who stand against it. That's why it works. It appeals to selfishness. The anonymity of the internet and the isolation of the customer base weakens peer influence and makes for easy marks.

There is a reason this kind of monetization is labelled as "predatory". Because that is exactly what it is. It is no longer about making a good product that sells on its own merits. It's now about psychological manipulation and trickery.

Last edited:
I’m not disappointed with the ship per se. It seems to be fantastic for what it does. I’m only disappointed because I was expecting a Python Mk2 but got an FDL Mk2 instead.
Lore wise, this actually makes sense.
Falcon Delacey already has a fantastic multi-role shop -- the original Python. Why make that one obsolete? What they were missing, however, is a competitor for the FDL/Mamba -- and it's cheaper and easier to adjust an already existing frame to a new role, than designing a ship from the ground up.

Clever, FDEV. Clever. You introduced a pure-bred combat craft that is not much good for anything else, yet it is, clearly, not so powerful that it upsets the balance entirely. It appeals to those that like to fight (such as I), does not threaten those who like to haul cargo, explore, or smuggle -- er, I mean, "provide goods for those oppressed masses who cannot pay taxes on certain goods." Yep, that's it...

I can't wait for the engineerable 5A SOC. This is excellent, as the Python 2 does not have the internals to mount a Guardian FSD booster without compromising its main role.

I will not be pre-purchsing it despite having more than enough ARX to do so, even the pre-built version. Apparently the only thing I can do is vote with my "wallet" to declare what I think about this new monetization scheme which is in direct opposition to prior absolute statements made by FDev in relation to this kind of monetization.

I have no problem supporting them financially—and would very much like to—but I will not support using money to circumvent gameplay that others who don't pay must engage with to achieve the same end. This is just feels like an attempt to turn a beloved game with a dedicated fan base into a resource to be farmed for money. That is not what I kickstarted this game for.

When I first heard about this I said as much as a knee-jerk reaction. This time around I have had plenty of time to digest what has been proposed (I say that like there is even a chance that this won't go ahead) and ultimately came full circle back to my original conclusion.

I find it sad that right now you have one fan base (Escape from Tarkov) screaming blue murder over similar, manipulative, behaviour and yet this community seems to be screaming "Abuse me FDev, step on me please!".

I see the argument "Don't tell me what I can do with my money" a lot. It is yelled apparently with the assumption that their actions occur in a vacuum with no affect on others at all. That is simply not true. If you buy into this then FDev will do it more and game design decisions will be influenced by it. History has clearly shown this. That affects MY game not just yours.

Don't get me wrong I am well aware that I am talking to a wall. This kind of monetization works because it preys on the weaknesses of human beings. Those that have declared that they will buy into this have no doubt spun a story for themselves to justify why this is all OK. Many also choose to mock others who stand against it. That's why it works. It appeals to selfishness. The anonymity of the internet and the isolation of the customer base weakens peer influence and makes for easy marks.

There is a reason this kind of monetization is labelled as "predatory". Because that is exactly what it is. It is no longer about making a good product that sells on its own merits. It's now about psychological manipulation and trickery.
I understand your point. I respect it, too.

However, respect goes both ways. Calling others "gullible" or gluttons for abuse (paraphrasing here) is hardly the way to sway others to your way of thinking.

Your reasoning that no action occurs within a vacuum is, of course, valid. However, were I to check every single one of my actions for the potential impact on others, I would never get anything done at all -- quite literally. I could go into detail, but I am not going to, as that would be a rather lengthy and angry diatribe. Suffice to say that this is my hobby, I choose to use my resources the way I want to, and nobody -- apart from my family -- has any say on that, as, quite simply, I do not owe everybody my consideration, and certainly not on trifling matters such as a computer GAME.

I do not "spin a tale as to why it is okay." I do not have to justify my purchase to anybody. I like a new ship, I buy it. I am sorry if that inconveniences you, but, see above. I would not be able to treat my family or myself to ANYTHING, were I taking that seriously, because anything, anything at all, has an impact on others.

"Hold your horses," I hear you say. "This is a luxury item, you do not need it." An excellent point! Of course I do not "need" it. However, denying myself something just because somebody else does not want me to . . . where does that lead? Are we to be slaves to the whims of others, with little in the way of reciprocity? Surely not, to shamelessly steal one of RatCatcher's favourite words.

No, I am not being "manipulated," I am not being "tricked," I am not being "preyed upon." If you have to resort to that kind of language to explain why people do something, then you demonstrate a sense of moral superiority that has no leg to stand on, as it is solely based on nothing more trivial than a game. Now, please don't be offended, but I cannot agree with that. Attributing stupidity or weakness of the mind where simple joy is the reason and driving force is not the done thing. It poisons the well of mutual understanding, for one thing, as it demonstrates a remarkable lack of respect for diverging view points. (One of the reasons why I enjoy RatCatchers's posts so much is not that I always agree with him, but that he is simply KIND. When he disagrees, he goes out of his way to assure those he argues with that he RESPECTS their POV, even though he does not agree with them. A true gentleman. steps off soap box. Oh, and I meant every word. I do not flatter.)

I am going to purchase the pre-built version as soon as it is released. I have the ARX. Now, should they decide to, say, make the A-rated SOC FSDs available ONLY to those buying the prebuild, THAT would be another matter entirely. Then they would not see another penny from me, ever. But they have not said that, and I really do not think they will.

Last edited:
How would top speed and manouvrablity compare with say the mamba?
From the, albeit too brief, look on a couple of streams yesterday, it seems to be slightly under the Mamba's boost of 600 m/s (I noted around 570) and in normal flight (the streamer I watched didn't go FA-O) possibly slightly more agile.

I am tempted to agree that it could be a contender, in the right hands.

It will make my PvE Mamba and FdL both obsolete once out for all. Almost as fast the Mamba, almost as agile as the FdL, almost the same damage output as my PvE Vette. Together with a 64t tank and an A class SCO for going places, and the other ships will collect dust.

Surely not, to shamelessly steal one of RatCatcher's favourite words.
It's OK, I stole it too, all thieves together!
If you have to resort to that kind of language to explain why people do something, then you demonstrate a sense of moral superiority that has no leg to stand on, as it is solely based on nothing more trivial than a game.
The gaming community at large, from my limited observations, get emotional over some very minor issues that they perceive may lead to an apocalyptic desmise of standards or similar in 'their' game. On occasion I even agree with them, in the main, to be absolutely blunt, I normally end up chuckling over other people are causing the sky to fall for another individual.

ETA: I do tend to be less than polite if another person intimates that I am not in posession of all my faculties and should have a handler to decide how I live my life: I am completely in favour of the individual making their own decisions in how they choose to play a game, even if another insists that their action is likely to affect theirs, goodness knows how such individuals handle real life, if a game evolving causes them to insult other players of that game.
(One of the reasons why I enjoy RatCatchers's posts so much is not that I always agree with him, but that he is simply KIND. When he disagrees, he goes out of his way to assure those he argues with that he RESPECTS their POV, even though he does not agree with them. A true gentleman. steps off soap box. Oh, and I meant every word. I do not flatter.)
There have been many occasions where my POV has been put across, in response to some vociferous poster, in a similar, and much less kind, manner.
But, in the main, I attempt to be polite, but the emphasis is certainly on 'attempt'.
I am going to purchase the pre-built version as soon as it is released. I have the ARX.
I have discussed these ships, at length, with 2 of my friends, if FD doesn't release the pre-built P2 concurrently with the barebones one, we have decided that we shall have to wait until it is...

(with sincere apologies to Bazmeson)

Last edited:
Just watching Burr Pit's review of the Mk2 and he says the cash equivalent of the pre-order comes to around 15 quid. Accepting that it comes with paint jobs and ship kits, paying 15 quid just to get in 3 months early is... questionable.

Top Bottom