Best home system

I’ve heard of LHS 20 and diaguandri as being good home systems. What makes these good home systems and what other systems are good home systems?

I like Li Yong-Rui systems for the discount.

I've made my home in LTT 17422, because there's a station there called Low Enterprise, and that's a perfect home base for a war profiteer like me :)

EDIT: Those systems you mentioned are in Li Yong-Rui space, so they were probably mentioned because of the discount.

I like Li Yong-Rui systems for the discount.

I've made my home in LTT 17422, because there's a station there called Low Enterprise, and that's a perfect home base for a war profiteer like me :)

EDIT: Those systems you mentioned are in Li Yong-Rui space, so they were probably mentioned because of the discount.

I’ve been to diaguandri for the outfitting, I thought I heard that in ray gateway they have every ship and module, while that isn’t true, the outfitting and ship selection is pretty solid.

Well that would depend on your priorities. There are as many different reasons to choose a home system as there are pilots.
Do you want a player crowded feeling for ambience of a living galaxy?
Do you want the convenience of every ship and module being sold at one station?
Do you want a discount on ships/modules?
Are you looking for a PF & BGS gameplay?
Are you looking for a PF & PP gameplay?
Are you focused on a particular career - trade, passengers, BH, etc.?

I chose my current base of operations to include 4 of the above as best as possible.

Selecting a Home system and station is a very personal thing in my opinion. Some want to be in the middle of a trade hub so there is lots of mission one jump away. Others might want to be in Anarchy space so they can do what they want without interference. My last 'home' was Vonarburg Co-operative in Wyrd simply because the station itself is stunning (well worth the visit just for the visuals). There was an Engineer next to it, other engineers not too far away, good trade routes so lots to do. I only left it because half the factions were always at war with each other and massacre/assassination missions aren't my thing :D

My current home for me is ideal, in a High Sec system with the station less than 100 ls away so I don't have a long SC trip coming home and if things do go bad I know I will have a lot of System Security jumping in to help me out. And no I won't tell you because I play in open and don't want a bunch of Commanders there ruining my fun lol

All I can say is do a bit of research regarding how you play and then play around with EDDB or some other tool to find what you are looking for. Some of the criteria I use is I want some good RES sites in adjoining systems (never play in your own back yard as you can upset your own minor factions too easily); some different systems close by like High Tech, Agriculture, Extraction, Refinery, the more the better for trade and missions.

Funny enough, I also look at the system's name, I prefer it to be easy to type as I find myself always typing it into the GalMap or some other tool, so the easier the better for me.

I’ve heard of LHS 20 and diaguandri as being good home systems. What makes these good home systems and what other systems are good home systems?

Depends on your preferences, playstyle and - there is not best home system.

Diaguandri is famous for its shipyard - Ray Gateway - and as it's a discounted one being a LYR exploited system.
But there are many other systems with nice shipyards, with and without discount.

Okinura/Fisher Terminal would be one for instance with one of the biggest shipyards outside of Jameson Memorial in Shinrarta Dezhra however without discount.

If you are a powerplayer you normally would choose a home system within your power's space.

If you feel close to any of the superpowers you might choose a system within Federation, Empire or Alliance space.

Should you prefer a specific playstyle such as e.g. pirating (anarchy), mining (extraction/refinery), trading (hightech/industry) you might choose one with a system government in favour of these activities.

And so on and so forth.

Also - you can always easily change your home system. Ships and modules can easily be transferred via galactic transport.

Have fun.
o7

Selecting a Home system and station is a very personal thing in my opinion. ...

Funny enough, I also look at the system's name, I prefer it to be easy to type as I find myself always typing it into the GalMap or some other tool, so the easier the better for me.

LOL
Bookmarks...
All my preferred go-to stations - my home system's main station the top top one - are of course bookmarked.

The good thing - you can bookmark stations hence when dropping into your bookmarked system you already will have selected the correct station (can still be changed on your way in supercruise).
And bookmark names can be changed hence an unequivocal bookmark containing both the system and station name are easy to set up.

o7

LOL
Bookmarks...
All my preferred go-to stations - my home system's main station the top top one - are of course bookmarked.

The good thing - you can bookmark stations hence when dropping into your bookmarked system you already will have selected the correct station (can still be changed on your way in supercruise).
And bookmark names can be changed hence an unequivocal bookmark containing both the system and station name are easy to set up.

o7

Yes of course I have my home station bookmarked in fact I suggested a QoL update to be able to have a home button on the left hand navigation panel (yep still waiting for that one). But if you use EDDB or any third party tool you do get to type your home system's name a lot, I just prefer to use one that is easy to type :D

I used to be in 109 Piscium for the Li-Yong Rui discount, but now I'm more flush with credits I'm at Shinrarta. Slightly smaller discounts but Jameson has a Guardian broker and all possible ships and modules in stock so I don't have to go hunting for A-rated gear.

I used to be in 109 Piscium for the Li-Yong Rui discount, but now I'm more flush with credits I'm at Shinrarta. Slightly smaller discounts but Jameson has a Guardian broker and all possible ships and modules in stock so I don't have to go hunting for A-rated gear.

Just a question, how often are you buying new modules and ships?

I was mostly looking for a system with a good shipyard and outfitting because I’m an explorer. Funny story that I thought would be related; I saw somewhere in the forums that I sola prospect in the Brestla system has every ship and module for 20% off. So I went there outfitted a DBX but didn’t have enough for a 5A fsd. I could’ve swore I had enough for it but whatever, I just bought 5B. Then I headed out 1.5kly to the gnosis. Once I was there I found out that I sola prospect didn’t give a 20% discount. It charged 20% more! Lol

I was mostly looking for a system with a good shipyard and outfitting because I’m an explorer. Funny story that I thought would be related; I saw somewhere in the forums that I sola prospect in the Brestla system has every ship and module for 20% off. So I went there outfitted a DBX but didn’t have enough for a 5A fsd. I could’ve swore I had enough for it but whatever, I just bought 5B. Then I headed out 1.5kly to the gnosis. Once I was there I found out that I sola prospect didn’t give a 20% discount. It charged 20% more! Lol

Well, you could always make your home at Hutton Orbital for the great shipyard and free Anaconda :D

I'M KIDDING, don't go there...except for the mug.

You aren't in a clan/"wing"? One of your clan's systems would be the obvious place to go if you were. Otherwise you can pick an area that suits your play/lifestyle goals. e.g. When I started out I picked a VERY quiet system on the very edge of the Bubble where nobody would find me, and did my exploration tours and hauling missions from there.

In terms of purchasing ships I just fly somewhere else to do that. No need to do it in your "home" system.

E

currently residing in Founders, its been my home base for 3 years +. However its the only place I get crashes either on landing or in the service screens requiring an alt ctl del - manager close down and crash report to FDev, I don't get it anywhere else. So I am actively thinking about a new home. Might go to the old worlds, might even go back to my starter system. Something to ponder whilst carrying out boring R/L tasks.

Is Hutton mug supposed to be very profitable or something? I see a lot of posts about it

It's just a rare trade good, no better than the others that take far less time to get. The pointlessness of it has become a running joke, and going there for a mug is kind of a tradition. It's a good way to get that worn look on your paint job anyway :)

Just a question, how often are you buying new modules and ships?

Right now quite a bit. I've mostly been exploring in a DBX and an AspX up until now, but lately I've been getting into combat, so I've been experimenting with Imperial Courier, Python, Anaconda etc. There's a dizzying array of combos of loadouts for shields, weapons, turrets, etc so I've burned through about 300m CR. Made most of that back in bounties, though :D

Top Bottom