Patch Notes Update Beta 2.2 - Update 5

Heat re-balance was in Beta 4 already. Engineer schematics were in enabled in previous beta too.

You obviously haven't been keeping up with the heat experiment thread. The prevailing consensus is that the nerf was too harsh, and the values would be tweaked again.

Have you seen the current engineer schematics in the game right now? Specifically those related to Fuel Scoops and Scanners?

Mark Allen

Programmer- Elite: Dangerous
Out on the subject of the PA/cannon buffs, there's a line that got truncated on the posted changlog, Huge/Advanced PAs got a 14%/10% DPS buff alongside medium/large getting 2%/5%. Remember they're getting increased projectile speeds as well which increases effective DPS notably by increasing hit rates, and that before the end of beta they will also have access to higher end engineer mods (this will hopefully be a server-side change as soon as some wrinkles are sorted out that are hiding quite a few mods).

The primary purpose of the damage changes here is for consistency, for example the small multicannon used to have a ~35% damage bonus for fixed over gimbals, whereas the huge had a 4% - when the range is that large comparisons between fixed or gimballed multicannons as a whole really can't be accurate. But the first step is to make the comparison meaningful, hence the comment in the changelog about further changes probably needed later :).

So is the Wing/Friend Instancing netcode issue going to be fixed soonish? If other players are going to be able to ride in the same craft, I assume it will be addressed. I refer to the not being able to see AUS,ZN-US Wing/Friend's in space bug. Which is documented, and there are numerous support tickets. Worked kind of okay before Horizons, hasn't worked since Horizons launch.

You obviously haven't been keeping up with the heat experiment thread. The prevailing consensus is that the nerf was too harsh, and the values would be tweaked again.

Have you seen the current engineer schematics in the game right now? Specifically those related to Fuel Scoops and Scanners?

Most likely either that escaped Changelog (Beta 4 changelog missed considerable amount of entries) or it is Beta 6 subject :)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

So is the Wing/Friend Instancing netcode issue going to be fixed soonish? If other players are going to be able to ride in the same craft, I assume it will be addressed. I refer to the not being able to see AUS,ZN-US Wing/Friend's in space bug. Which is documented, and there are numerous support tickets. Worked kind of okay before Horizons, hasn't worked since Horizons launch.

Australia and US have almost 1/3 of second lag between continents. Expecting to play MP together between them is a bit of joke.

Yep, that one missed the Beta 5 cutoff, it's in the pipe for B6 I believe.

YAY! Beta 6! Beta 6! Beta 6!

Good to hear that some schematic changes for engineers is happening server side.

MOAR EFFICIENT FUEL SKEWP MODS, PLEASE!

That Plasma balancing business is super interesting. Will have loads of feedback on that soon, I hope.

Any word on Torpedo speed balance?

Thanks FD.....
Any status on the server scaling issues and the disconnects / cannot connect to the transaction server etc....?

Vulture ship kit parts have a lot of wear & tear on them when purchased brand new fixed

Is this for the Vulture, or was that supposed to say Viper? Because Vulture kits don't appear to be available in the store and I think I'd quite like to throw a few spoilers and extra pointy bits on my bounty hunting ship (like go fastah stripes, it's all the better for catching up to all those scummy criminal types, obviously).

Most likely either that escaped Changelog (Beta 4 changelog missed considerable amount of entries) or it is Beta 6 subject :)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Australia and US have almost 1/3 of second lag between continents. Expecting to play MP together between them is a bit of joke.

That depends on the user bandwitdth, and how fast the data copies over across servers. I can get into any number of games and still play pretty okay with a NZ friend. Elite is the one game, where it just hasn't worked since Horizons. It would be nice if the devs could give us an update on what is going on with it. There are a lot of US/AUS/NZ pilots out there looking to play with one another. You can't just write off an entire region and forget about any cross play. That's just bad business practice.

Either each region should be separated like WoW did previously, and allow other players to join straight into just those regions or the problem as it exists should be fixed for all players. I don't know whether it is an engine issue, or a timeout between players because of latency.

If this problem isn't taken care of by the next expansion, I imagine it will contribute into a bigger overall problem with ED's netcode. We already see plenty of 'Wing Issue' posts on the forums. I do have a support ticket out there, and so do countless others. We await a response from FD.

• By popular request - added the destination star's class type to the info panel message upon initiating a jump

Am I blind or is this not present?

oAFzDAC.jpg

Quick Question guys... are there any bgs changes going hand in hand with all of this new shiny stuff?

Particularly the huge system drops in influence in your other systems when in a war state in one of them. Even if you are winning. By a huge margin.

Great list of changes but I'm wondering if there will be any changes to the galaxy map for VR users. This really is a big thing for us VR peeps.

- Fix a reported bug with Containment missiles and their engineer equivalents, the 35 second immunity period was not working correctly for them

Haven't been able to find the FSD disruption special at either missile engineer, can you confirm its in ?

Just looking at the jump info in the Hud, picture posted by jgm, that extra line above has most of the information already displayed in the circular jump reticle - so how hard would it be to include the jump system status along with the destination, distance and star type?

It would certainly clear up the hud display area - thoughts anyone?

Last edited:
That depends on the user bandwitdth, and how fast the data copies over across servers. I can get into any number of games and still play pretty okay with a NZ friend. Elite is the one game, where it just hasn't worked since Horizons. It would be nice if the devs could give us an update on what is going on with it. There are a lot of US/AUS/NZ pilots out there looking to play with one another. You can't just write off an entire region and forget about any cross play. That's just bad business practice.

Either each region should be separated like WoW did previously, and allow other players to join straight into just those regions or the problem as it exists should be fixed for all players. I don't know whether it is an engine issue, or a timeout between players because of latency.

If this problem isn't taken care of by the next expansion, I imagine it will contribute into a bigger overall problem with ED's netcode. We already see plenty of 'Wing Issue' posts on the forums. I do have a support ticket out there, and so do countless others. We await a response from FD.
Majority of games take very conservative approach towards traffic. Heck, I *can* join US region and play WoW there. However, ED requires close to real time traffic. That's why idea of people playing together between continents is a huge stretch.

Said that....I agree that people should report everything they see as an issue and see if FD engineers can figure out how to make it work.

Out on the subject of the PA/cannon buffs, there's a line that got truncated on the posted changlog, Huge/Advanced PAs got a 14%/10% DPS buff alongside medium/large getting 2%/5%. Remember they're getting increased projectile speeds as well which increases effective DPS notably by increasing hit rates, and that before the end of beta they will also have access to higher end engineer mods (this will hopefully be a server-side change as soon as some wrinkles are sorted out that are hiding quite a few mods).

The primary purpose of the damage changes here is for consistency, for example the small multicannon used to have a ~35% damage bonus for fixed over gimbals, whereas the huge had a 4% - when the range is that large comparisons between fixed or gimballed multicannons as a whole really can't be accurate. But the first step is to make the comparison meaningful, hence the comment in the changelog about further changes probably needed later :).

I really hope the changes don't stop here for PAs. A slight projectile velocity increase is nice I guess, and bringing Huge PAs in line efficiency-wise with others is a long overdue change, but still the DPE is less than a pulse laser right? (Unless you increased energy requirement as well, in which case it doesn't change much)

Really would like to see a more substantial damage/efficiency buff, considering the heavy requirements of the weapon

Still; thanks for the patch and glad these things are being considered at least

Last edited:
Top Bottom