Patch Notes Update Beta 2.2 - Update 6

"Added loading animation to screen for switching between fighters and main ship"

wow, is that a animation explaining how the hell we can swap between the ship and the fighter?

Hoping that's not the return of the "kill button for griefers"

Weapons

- We think heat attacks have been reduced a little too far, and need a very conservative buff:
- Diminishing returns for heat now limit at 100% (up from 95% in previous beta)
- Damage penalty for Thermal shock reduced to 20% (from 25%)

I hope very much that this buff is not too high and will kill again the game in open. 2.1 was a nightmare if you had not this kill button... with these groups of grievers.

Last edited:
Suggested change for ship transfer

Thanks for the update!

Concerning ship transfer; what about having the possibility to have our ship transferred to ANY system instead to the target system to be locked _only_ to the system where we are docked in?

So the idea aims to resolve the following issue;
I am in system A with a trader ship. My combat ship is in system B and there is a combat CG in system C. These systems appear to be in 3 different directions not on route to each other (like a triangle). Currently I have to fly from A to B to change the ship from trader to combat, then to fly from B to C with the combat ship.

With the suggested change on ship transfer, I could initiate my combat ship transferred from B to C from system A station, and I could fly from A to C and either my ship would be waiting there or I would need to wait a little only to have it there. This would just reduce the time we have to spend in super cruise and jumping in between systems.

Let me know guys what do you think about this suggestion?

Last edited:
"Added loading animation to screen for switching between fighters and main ship"

wow, is that a animation explaining how the hell we can swap between the ship and the fighter?

If you don't know that then you haven't been paying attention. Intellipresence for the win.:)

Is this a joke? All this discussion and that is everything, 60 slots instead of 30? How about more like, 1000? Is there any technical reason why that isn't feasible, or do you guys just subscribe to the latest "punish them with tiny inventory" fad?

I believe its a UI consideration, they believe many more than that will become unwieldy and then everyone will hate that more. Not sure if thats true, but someone always complains about something so probably. Still 60 seems like enough for your average player I imagine. I can only think of about 20 modules I currently would like to always keep and I have engineered more than most i believe. I guess it depends on how many ships you like to engineer up.

Engineers
- Make sure we always get the right string key for existing modification name
- Added ellipses functionality to blueprint text strings. If they are greater than 25 characters an ellipses will be added
- Fixed layout problems in engineers workshop that would cause a scrollbar to appear and have unintended effects
- Fixed bug where engineer special effect animation would always overlay the description of the successful special effect, before the animation had completed

And RNGineer still remain....

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Any news on the panel you are using in system map/galaxy map actually being remembered a 2.1 feature that never worked? a thing explorers would love, so we don't constantly need to switch to info panel, when in deep space, for example.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Oh come on, by now people should be aware that the only major difference with how Elite does such things and other games is that in other games you aren't away of what you 'can' get in stats, you only see the result? would it be better just to hide it behind an animation, so you are unaware of what exactly you can get?

Reporting: no one of them in beta 6 yet

Tod 'The Blaster' McQuinn

Cannon Light Weight Mount level 1
Cannon Light Weight Mount level 2
Cannon Rapid Fire Modification level 1
Cannon Rapid Fire Modification level 2
Cannon Sturdy Mount level 1
Cannon Sturdy Mount level 2
FragCannon Rapid Fire Modification level 1
FragCannon Rapid Fire Modification level 2
FragCannon Rapid Fire Modification level 3
Multicannon Long Range Weapon level 1