Patch Notes Update Beta Update 1.02 Now Available

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Jolly good show old chaps.

Smoother & faster. The graphics, lights and effects seem better. Combat in the sidewinder seems more achievable (or maybe that's the 100s of hours playing beta 2).

I'm enjoying it.

Nice work dudes & dudettes.

Si

Thanks for update. Although after being given permission to dock at Dahan Gateway, there was another ship in my spot! I thought it a glitch as could see part of the pad through its engines but it was defiantly solid object... After exiting spaceport and waiting for the clearance to expire. Requested docking and cleared to an unused spot so happy ending there.

this may sound strange but has anyone had problems with any odd things happen to ships while coming into dock making the ship crash?..

Something seems to be bottlenecking now near stations, I'm getting horrible FPS there and the load on my GFX is dropping too now.
Weird is that the load on the CPU doesn't go up as exchange.

As soon as I get the station out of sight are the FPS going up again, and I know the stations have rather much detail that costs rendering power but this is worse than before.
Way worse, even down in the hangar when I get a close up look on my weapons is it dropping much.

I would reckon that the lag is more to do with saturation and quality player connections between players etc...are you playing on 'open play'?

I would reckon that the lag is more to do with saturation and quality player connections between players etc...are you playing on 'open play'?

I have noticed this too. Huge frame rate drops (and not every instance) when there is a station.. However if you go on Solo instead of Open Play the frame rate is fine and never drops below 90FPS for me.. So it is something to do with the multiplayer aspect...
Also I get this odd glitch with the planet orbits and stuff, again ONLY when playing Open Play - You play on Solo and none of this happens.

In fact I played the game for 4 hours straight today on solo with nothing going wrong, no weirdness or nothing. As soon as I choose Open Play it will work for the most part, but I get odd crashes (keep sending those reports) and game mechanic "weirdness"...

Makes me think that maybe its something on the server end????

I'm not sure where to put these minor complaints about some changes in this beta:

-when some weapons are deployed, they come out of the hatches pointing upwards, then aim forwards. I think this looks silly and cartoonish, I liked it better when they deployed facing forward the whole time. It's especially odd on non-gimballed weapons.

-the ship moving thing under the landing pad goes too quickly, at basically breakneck acceleration. It was better when this was at a slightly slower more reasonable pace.

Cracking patch pace chaps, very much appreciated!

I think this looks silly and cartoonish, I liked it better when they deployed facing forward the whole time. It's especially odd on non-gimballed weapons.

Makes perfect sense, weapons stored vertically take up less space. Plus we get a neat little animation. Really though if i have to be frank, you'll just have to accept that you cant have the game look and behave exactly how you want.

Wish the updates would download faster though, it is dawdling and pausing all the time, fastest I have seen this morning so far is 0.1MB/s but mostly it is 0

Might be a good idea to add the size of the update so we a least know how long it might possibly take to download and it would also assist those on limited download quota's.

Last edited:
You guys are really awesome...so many fixes in Beta 1.0...then within 2 days two patches with fixes again.

Thank you! :smilie:

Ran without a hitch last night on a couple of quick runs. I haven't done anything demanding yet for various reasons but have noticed and appreciated some of the improvements between 1.01 and 1.02. I hope the team at FD are feeling satisfied with their efforts.

Squicker

S
This is looking good, much more to do and feels robust for me this morning. I must admit I was bored quite quickly in PB but I can see me playing this more often.

One thing, are the graphics improved? Whilst they were not bad in PB I thought they were rather also-ran, here in Beta 1.02 they seem a lot nicer.

I'm not sure where to put these minor complaints about some changes in this beta:

-when some weapons are deployed, they come out of the hatches pointing upwards, then aim forwards. I think this looks silly and cartoonish, I liked it better when they deployed facing forward the whole time. It's especially odd on non-gimballed weapons.

-the ship moving thing under the landing pad goes too quickly, at basically breakneck acceleration. It was better when this was at a slightly slower more reasonable pace.

Agreed on both points. Plus the autocannon deployment animation also looks gimmicky. Landing pad movement speed should maybe be dialed down a little bit, or at least have a bit more of a ramped acceleration to it. Right now it does feel like the player would be smacked against the windshield.

Played from 19:30(bst) until 23:30 and again from just after midnight to 02:00

Not a single crash, in 'open play' and private group, no disappearing stations either :)

Did have some funnies in private group not being able to see friends sometimes.

Not worked out a pattern yet

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom