Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 2)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I was getting a little sick of trapping my underpants elastic in the letterbox, and getting twanged back every few mins.

Finally got to the ring only to find the pulse wave scanner was not bought.

Spent another twenty mins with the elastic caught on an asteroid! (I'm sure I have some cream for that!)

FINALLY made it back to the station only to be dropped 20.9km short

fingers crossed

Try learning to fly...then you won't need a docking computer, Standard or otherwise.

I think you should send Elethiomel Zakalwe a friend request, challenge them to a duel, video it and post back here.

Go on, it'll be fun ;)

Having a docking computer is great. Listening to the blue danube is such a relaxing thing and it would be nice to be able to experience that qol when you wanted without having to sacrifice something (basically everything) more useful.

Thank you very much for making the discovery scanner integral!
This single change alone makes exploring in small ships a lot more viable.
All i am waiting for now is a lightweight modification to the SRV hangar...

lol i was just thinking about it, you are right, i just got a "community chest" card of "ship hardware rebate of 20 million credits :D

(most of my ships had an advanced disco.

*All* of my ships had the ADS. I don't remember how many discounted ones I had in storage...

Servers are great now - whatever you did Dev's, can you do it for next week's update too, pretty please :D

I got sidetracked by a Beluga so haven't gone mining yet... Maybe I can kit it out for both exploring & mining...

Because there's already too few exploration tools in the game, to the point where you can fit everything you need in a Hauler, and still have a slot left over for an optional extra. With this change, there are now even fewer reasons to sacrifice jump range for more optional modules slots, meaning that "do everything" exploration ships won't have to sacrifice jump range for utility. This in turn means fewer interesting decisions that need to be made during outfitting, and that means fewer interesting decisions will need to be made out in the black as well.

For example, the basic exploration Hauler can't equip both Shields (making landing on planets much safer) and an SRV (can only be used after landing on planets) without sacrificing necessary exploration equipment. Now there's no need to choose.

For another example, my exploration/passenger ship Emerald Dawn (an Asp X) cannot equip two from this list of three modules, due to the limitations in optional slots: AMFU, repair limpets, or a cargo hold. This limits my choices to an AFMU (giving me greater freedom to "hot jump"), or a cargo hold. I also can't equip repair limpets, for that I'd need a cargo hold as well, which would require sacrificing some basic exploration equipment.

As far as I'm concerned, it's the limitations that we have to overcome that makes better gameplay. Fewer limitations results in less interesting gameplay, especially in the part of the game that doesn't have the luxury of instantaneous outfitting changes.

Seriously?

Exploration Anacondas have zero "interesting" choices in this vein; they have the internals to carry everything, plus an immense jump range. This just helps make smaller ships more plausible for exploration, as well as eliminating the >1,000,000 CR hurdle of buying an ADS from early explorer builds.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
Did the change log not tell us to have fixed redeeming our codex entries? I've just came back from a small trip where I happened to found a new body type. Now in station it says "No Codex Discoveries" (which this time isn't even visible in my ship's UI as it was before). Oh well, 2 lies in less than one hour. Not all too encouraging...

Calling developers or community managers "liars", not cool. Have a word with yourself.

how did i not know this?

so all i need to do in the bubble if there is a nav beacon is scan it... so the scanning game is only for systems without a nav beacon?

is there any downside to doing this? thanks

It can't be done in cruise.
Someone might shoot at you.
Not sure you get paid for anything you discover by using the beacon.

Unreal.. people are seriously complaining about the integrated discovery scanner, so players no longer have to buy it?

Welcome to the weird world of humans and forums.

My mouse has gone bonkers in the FSS in the 2nd beta. I have it configured for pitch/yaw in relative mode, and I'm seeing changes in direction from lateral to upwards when moving the mouse in a straight horizontal line. Am I alone on this? It was very confortable pre-b2 and now it drives me crazy.

Why cant we open FSS while flying? Why stop is required?

Why do we need 2 keys for FSS, one for opening, one for exiting FSS? Everything else in ED opens and exits using one key - panels, system map, galaxy map, etc.

Switched the Discovery Scanner to a built in module, that is fitted to all ships. This frees up a slot for players to use. Refunded credits too

GG Frontier.

I just spent 10 '' to find a discovery scanner ... then I saw your message ! :) :lol

I have to dig more into it now, i am totally lost with the key binding

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom