Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 3)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Quality of Life

• Added icon to info panel to show players if their ship or SRV lights are on
Missions not balanced
Mining payout/yield still not addressed
fissure asteroids are still non existant (and their payout still sucks for their rarity)
The mining is still a mess

But we got an icon that shows our headlight is on! Really?

There is now a new binding 'Absolute Tuning' which does what you want. However the movement does not seem smooth in comparison with the regular tuning control (tried on 3 different axis). Currently have it on the rotary dial of my TWCS.
I agree, it's really choppy on a dial, like digital increments rather than a fine tune. I was really hoping for an INVERT for the regular tuning.

But yes, it was disturbing :)

I am still figuring out how to find those scenarios though. If they aren't covered by FSS, how player comes by them?

Found one in delphi

Gordon Class wreck

eJaWFS3.png

Bring repair limpets ;)

I'm hoping/wondering if "Added support for FSS tuning to be bound to inouts that don't auto-center" means that binding the tuning to a rotary control is now representative of the control position rather than just being faster/slower

Fingers crossed

I raised that but I don't think there was ever a response but as you say, fingers crossed :)

New Ships

Yay!

New scenarios can now be found:

• Installations - Raid and Heist
  • Megaship - Heist
  • Damaged Megaship - Rescue and Repair

Yay!

• Added icon to info panel to show players if their ship or SRV lights are on

Yay!

• Planet surface signals are now targetable outside of Analysis mode
  • Added the number of bodies info to the 'Orbital Plane Established' alert
  • Fixed the discovery scanner SFX getting stuck looping
  • Changed the 'scenarios' section of the FSA to Concentrated signal sources and Transient signal sources
  • Added support for FSS tuning to be bound to inouts that don't auto-center
  • Now able to bind enter and exit FSS to the same button
  • Fixed bodies rendering over their rings after beiing fully mapped
  • Added 'First Mapped' to system map
  • Renamed 'Radio Tuning Minimum Increase/Decrease' to 'Increase/Decrease Tuning' in control options

Yay!

• Increased the cooldown on the Pulse Wave Analyser, to allow the results to appear before players can trigger it again

Yay!

Overall, so much yay!!

Massive thumbs up! Thank you for adding the # of planets discovered to the honk! Thank you for making the mouse / tuning controls better!

Thank for listening to all the input we've been giving!

Clarified the info message that appears when trying to enter FSS mode whilst charging the FSD
Me reading: Yeah, they listend to the Bugreport.
Me trying the new patch: LOL they just removed an error-message altogether. How is this "clarified" :D

Still good job you are working to patch, lets hope, you guys manage to close every ticket until the final release.

Missions not balanced
fissure asteroids are still non existant (and their payout still sucks for their rarity)

There's more than one person working on bugfixing, but only a few can work on the same bugfix at the same time. So yeah, while some are at work balancing missions, mining and other issues, someone could put that in real quick so they did.

I don't get what you meant by "mining is still a mess" when it's not messy at all ? It doesn't pay that well, and they definitely need to increase the yields and the number of new deposit (more surface/subsurface/fissure please) to add to the classic mining mechanic... but a mess ? Nope.

Missions not balanced

I doubt the UI team is working on those issues mentioned, so I fail to understand the complaint.

What does this mean please?

Changed the 'scenarios' section of the FSA to Concentrated signal sources and Transient signal sources

-----
Re-Mining

Poor non strip mining yields buffed?

Very good. I have a question about the scanner modes/cockpit mode things. How do you switch them/to them with out binding them to keys/buttons? I've not used either the exploration scan mode or mining thing 'cause I couldn't save the bindings and have yet to find a way to access them from within the cockpits hud.

May I also ask if there could be a way to have a toggle hold/press option for hud swapping AND/OR tie it to activating certain things, so firing the disco scanner would swap to exploration and deploying hard points swap to combat?
Maybe even be able to tie it to certain firegroups? set one for combat, set two for exploration or something? I'll repost this bit to the suggestions page in a minute.

Any changes to mining rng and spawn rates for certain types of asteroids... a lot of complaints that breakable rocks don't spawn enough or provide good payouts!

anyone else getting a message when in the shipyard about having too many ships stored there when trying to buy any of the new ships? I do have every ship to date stored there though.... 35 plus the one I am trying to store...

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom