Notice Bridging the Gap - Community Goal Feedback

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
These things happen. Its not the end of the world, things only got delayed by a few hours.

Absolutely, but the consistency is a bit annoying.

It's a pity the first I.I. has Will running from fire to fire with his extinguisher, but I certainly like the more open and honest communication as of late.

Ah FD'ev you did it again! You changed the location for detention center to HR 3005 but still not put it there. I was trying to hand myself in and now the game does not know what to do. I am stuck in loading loop and server error. I am Schrodinger's cat now.
Hello Commanders,
snip...
For those Commanders who are unlucky enough to feel the brunt of the law, we will be moving the Detention Center 'The Panopticon' to the system of HR 3005. This may require a server restart, so don't be alarmed if you receive an in-game notification.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused!
Wait until the servers going offline may be the answer - but sorry you are now in Limbo - if you hear whispers while you are there you may have found Raxxla inadvertently :)

A suggestion so that pirates also can do something:
A competing CG where you sell the same stuff at the black market. The buyer would effectively be Segnen Exchange.

This has to be the most ill conceived Cg you guys at FDEV have put together. The ONLY two option here are: Go to a site use you dinky little SRV to collect cargo 2 tons at the time, and then make it back with it, OR go pirating in order to get the stuff. I the course of the pirating you of course become wanted and hunted and eventually killed, and this will end up costing you a fortune, that no amount of reward can justify.
Seriously guys.... I would REALLY like to know... What were you thinking?:oops:

I think that everything that could have failed in this new Interstellar Initiative have failed lol

I picked-up "The Conduit" lift yesterday with my pimped Sidewinder to participate gathering materials...now I won't be able to help since I only have 2 tons of cargo and the CG is only limited to commodites : need cargo space.

Well...I'll let my ship in "The Conduit" and wait for it to come back to the bubble next week.

Have fun guys o7

However, when it came to implementing the CG, we decided to run with one CG, rather than two, and this meant we had to choose between Commodities or Materials. To fit in line with the narrative concerning Zende Partners, we chose Guardian Commodities.
Oh. OK. No biggie.

Thanks for the update Will, mats + commodities together would have been extremely unbalanced.

I'd just like to echo post #24 by Cmdr Vardaugas and ask have the Tiers been adjusted to account for the fact that we're now only able to contribute to slower to gather of the two now?

CG description: go to the guardian site, load 2 items on the SRV, return to the ship, load 2 more items, return to the ship ... eventually go to the outpost. Restart.
With all my heart, I must compliment, I feel a tremendous need. I didn't think it was possible and instead you managed to transform something that had become boring into something that is even more so.
But won't it be time to send someone home or do another job?

Last edited:
CG description: go to the guardian site, load 2 items on the SRV, return to the ship, load 2 more items, return to the ship ... eventually go to the outpost. Restart.
With all my heart, I must compliment, I feel a tremendous need. I didn't think it was possible and instead you managed to transform something that had become boring into something that is even more so.
But won't it be time to send someone home or do another job?
Or scoop from the ground, or farm a beacon, or completely run a site to get mats from sentinels at the same time. I'm planning to do it a different way each evening.

Here they come, All hail the Developers Union - all for one and...

"you don't know how hard it is in the Dev world..." - give me a break

So, you won't give the DEVS a break, but you want to be cut some slack so you can be rude and presumptuous freely?

Why don't YOU go design, develop and release a game that'll be perfect and flawless, and get back to us to rub it in their faces.

Best of luck with that

So, you won't give the DEVS a break, but you want to be cut some slack so you can be rude and presumptuous freely?

Why don't YOU go design, develop and release a game that'll be perfect and flawless, and get back to us to rub it in their faces.

Best of luck with that

I think I see it both ways. If I had to describe the implementation of what seemed like a good concept, I'd use phrases like "bungling fools" or similar. However, ED is my favourite game and I'm determined to get some enjoyment out of this; I always like the Guardian ruins' atmosphere. It seems to me that some other people are equally determined not to enjoy it. Each to their own, play ED if it's fun enough notwithstanding the bungling, or find a better game if it isn't.

I remember posting in another thread a few days ago that mats + commodities together would have been extremely unbalanced due to the fact one could be collected far more easily and quickly than the other.

I'm posting this here as well as in the CG thread to ask whether the Tiers have been/ will be adjusted to account for the fact that we're now only able to contribute commodities, the slower of the two to gather.

Fingers crossed they adjust them, as after 4 BP runs and with a hold containing 64t of Guardian goodies I can't see me doing many more runs and the Tiers seem to be set (as someone else mentioned) as if for a standard Trade CG.

My personal opinion on the II's so far is that they're a great concept for fleshing out the standard CG's, but pretty much every misstep possible has been made so far in this one. Oh well, things can only get better eh ;)

o7 all, Cmdr ADAMtheWELSHMANz

I remember posting in another thread a few days ago that mats + commodities together would have been extremely unbalanced due to the fact one could be collected far more easily and quickly than the other.

I'm posting this here as well as in the CG thread to ask whether the Tiers have been/ will be adjusted to account for the fact that we're now only able to contribute commodities, the slower of the two to gather.

Fingers crossed they adjust them, as after 4 BP runs and with a hold containing 64t of Guardian goodies I can't see me doing many more runs and the Tiers seem to be set (as someone else mentioned) as if for a standard Trade CG.

My personal opinion on the II's so far is that they're a great concept for fleshing out the standard CG's, but pretty much every misstep possible has been made so far in this one. Oh well, things can only get better eh ;)

o7 all, Cmdr ADAMtheWELSHMANz

I think you're right, I only see one pixel of progress.

FD, if you don't adjust the tiers, your first Interstellar Initiative is going to finish ignominiously at tier zero in week two. You don't want the narrative to fail like that, do you?

Can anyone shed light on just what I'm doing wrong... I'm in the Synuefe EN-H DH-96 system looking for the Guardian structure...I thought it was on Planet 7A but have FSS'd the whole system, scanned the Nav Beacon and even mapped the planet all to no avail...no Guardian Structure found anywhere. Also my Left Nav panel keeps going blank with no details showing at all... is there a problem here?

o7

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom