Bring back the bourbon - CG Guide

Here's the screenshots for my run on the long course.
CMDR the raikobot, in an Asp Explorer called "Not the Nomad" (CMDR Raiko's Asp is The Nomad).
Route: Epsilon Indi -> Wuthielo Ku -> HIP 59533 -> Leesti -> Eranin -> Epsilon Indi
56t delivered (max load for my ship).

Time taken: 55m 24s

Screenshots inside spoiler tags.
re7cS9H.png

GIKoDa1.png

uouL5NR.png

FZuINcZ.png

g06EvTh.png

H1AGhvP.png

I didn't have time for another run this evening, but I'll hopefully have time for one or two runs tomorrow, and then I'll try to join in with the Tea-Baggers later in the week, if the CG is still going. :)

Mixing CGs and races (my two favorite Ed activities) is an excellent idea Zoy, sorry I missed your Onionhead race, I've been ill.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Wuthielo doesn't really seem worth it. I can get to Leesti, then Eranin, drop them off, then get back to Leesti in the time it takes to go to Wuthielo and deliver that alone.

Buckystyle Bootleggers Bourbon Challenge

Well it seems Sunday was the day for BBB racing. We have 5 new entries and a new leader in each class. With 2 new entries on the Long circuit, the Asp Explorer remains the ship of choice. CMDR the raikobot has shaved over 8 minutes off the previous best to take top spot, well done! CMDR Mr Boombastic is on the pace and we look forward to seeing his next entry.

On the Short circuit CMDR Eminor is the new class leader in his Asp Ex, and CMDR Jackie Silver has entered his Federal Assault Ship which is some effort - not a ship normally associated with racing - great efforts from both.

CMDR Rongwei may be surprised to see he has entered the 'Tea-Baggers Big Bloaty Boat' challenge in his Imperial Cutter and that he is leading the class. The scrutinising committee were satisfied that his forum post was genuine, especially when taking into account his stalwart loading crew of Tea-Bagging regulars - well done!

cffpMvw.png

PM me with ship names if you want them added, or if I missed any entries

Entry rules here

Last edited:
For Indi Bourbon nothing less than getting the Black Riband (yes, that one) out of drydock at Alacarakmo will do.

The Feds got me with an interdiction and cost me a minute or two. Such is the way of things for a bootlegger.
launch.png

leg1.png

leg2.png

leg3.png

the_end.png
CMDR furrycat
Open
Diamondback Explorer
"Black Riband"
Short Circuit

Give me a few crates of bourbon, and it would never reach the station... I've plenty of room in my closet.

See, this is what happens when you spend two weeks hosting a Buckyball Race rather than competing in one. You lose your edge, get sloppy, make mistakes.

So it started out OK, I was already in a race stripped DBX parked at Epsilon Indi so I get myself a cargo bay and head off to Wuthielo Ku. Half way there I realise I stripped the Fuel Scoop too but hey, I'm sure it'll be fine. I get to Tarter Dock, buy Froth (and Fuel) and plot a course to Leesti. Dotted line. Balls! Back to Epsilon Indi. Get scanned. Pay fine. Sell Froth.

Take Two

I'm in a race stripped DBX (with Fuel Scoop) parked at Epsilon Indi

Err, not quite sure why I took this photo (it would have been OK tho right?)

i90sOza.png
I get to Wuthielo Ku and buy Froth.

DGuZ9T5.png

So far so good.
I get to Leesti and buy ...

Milk! Why the heck did I buy milk? Didn't even spot my mistake so ..

hcm4lsr.png
.. onwards to Eranin where ..

I buy absolutely nothing because they don't sell any booze! I spend about a minute trying to figure out why the don't sell booze and then head off, empty handed, back to ..

Uc8kP0e.png
Epsilon Indi ..

.. where all I have to show for my efforts is some more frickin' Froth!

eRe9g82.png
What an absolute shambles! Fast mind you (28:27), but just, well ... embarassing. :p

I'll be back!

Last edited:
Lol!

CMDR Alec Turner, delivering Milk to Azeban Orbital since 3302. ;)

Still, Azaban Orbital is a beautiful place to visit, so low over the planet.

I did have my own goof, I didn't read the rules properly before my run and sat on the launch pad for over a minute waiting for the seconds to tick around after leaving the commodities screen (and returning to surface, my commodities screen was from in the hangar!).

Last edited:
Wow, there's some great times there. Under 30 minutes seems pretty darn good to me...
Failed horribly last night; interdictions, close encounters of the cattle grid kind, etc. Will try again tonight, but doubt I'll be able to break the half hour barrier...

Buckystyle Bootleggers Bourbon Challenge

And here are the movers and shakers for Tuesday's leaderboard...

We have 4 new entries on the Short circuit, CMDR _Sum in his trading build Asp Ex, his time includes being interdicted and pirated along the way, so well done for completing the run. The big news is that our pro-racer friends from the Buckyball Racing Club have joined us and CMDR Furrycat has posted an amazing time! He even delivered all the right booze unlike CMDR Alec Turner who included some Milk instead of Evil Juice and couldn't find the Pearl Whisky at Eranin :p - he's promised he'll be back, and with a point to prove - so watch out!
CMDR Craith Randir has also Schlepped his mighty Corvette around the circuit which must have sent him jump crazy - good effort! We have also added Crath's previous Tea-Bagger BBB run to the list.

On the Long circuit, CMDR Madbilly has taken his Type 6 around to set the standard and now leads in the T6 class.

In case you missed the announcement, there is a new sprint class...

Ladies & Gentlemen, please prepare your ships for The Eranin Sprint Class

The objective here is to start at Mansfield, scream over to Eranin and bring back some Pearl Whisky in the shortest time. It's a 2 jump run in the right ship (Asp Ex or DB Ex), so I'm confident it can be done in 10 minutes. You might even do it in one jump with Jumponium fuel synthesis trickery! I've managed 12 minutes on a test run with a couple of issues - had to reselect jump target twice and follow a s l o o o w NPC T9 out of Azeban.

Have a go whenever you dock at Mansfield and add an extra 12t for the cause. You won't make much money but you'll be bringing us closer to Tier 8

WgcRyTI.png

PM me with ship names if you want them added, or if I missed any entries

Entry rules here

Last edited:
On the Long circuit, CMDR Madbilly has taken his Type 6 around to set the standard and now leads in the T6 class.
WOW! I'm number one, in a class of my own! ;) Thanks for your pragmatism, I appreciate it. :)
If I had time for another run I think I could shave off a few minutes because a few minutes after I left the main star on my way to Burnham I realised there was a chance I may run out of fuel as I hadn't scooped enough on the way there. Eeek! Panic! I "quickly" (T6) turned around, went back (the CMDR I passed going the other way probably thought I was nuts!) and filled the tank in one smooth U-turn around the star (nice 5A scoops) and set off on my way again. Phew! When I arrived at Burnham I realised my panic was for nothing, but isn't it always?

CMDR Furrycat has posted an amazing time! He even delivered all the right booze unlike CMDR Alec Turner who included some Milk instead of Evil Juice and couldn't find the Pearl Whisky at Eranin :p

Let's see how amazing his time is after I've laced his Total Recall medal (which should be going in the post today) with catnip!

[hotas]

See, this is what happens when you spend two weeks hosting a Buckyball Race rather than competing in one. You lose your edge, get sloppy, make mistakes.

So it started out OK, I was already in a race stripped DBX parked at Epsilon Indi so I get myself a cargo bay and head off to Wuthielo Ku. Half way there I realise I stripped the Fuel Scoop too but hey, I'm sure it'll be fine. I get to Tarter Dock, buy Froth (and Fuel) and plot a course to Leesti. Dotted line. Balls! Back to Epsilon Indi. Get scanned. Pay fine. Sell Froth.

Take Two

I'm in a race stripped DBX (with Fuel Scoop) parked at Epsilon Indi

Err, not quite sure why I took this photo (it would have been OK tho right?)

http://i.imgur.com/i90sOza.png
I get to Wuthielo Ku and buy Froth.

I get to Leesti and buy ...

Milk! Why the heck did I buy milk? Didn't even spot my mistake so ..

http://i.imgur.com/hcm4lsr.png
.. onwards to Eranin where ..

I buy absolutely nothing because they don't sell any booze! I spend about a minute trying to figure out why the don't sell booze and then head off, empty handed, back to ..

http://i.imgur.com/Uc8kP0e.png
Epsilon Indi ..

.. where all I have to show for my efforts is some more frickin' Froth!

http://i.imgur.com/eRe9g82.png
What an absolute shambles! Fast mind you (28:27), but just, well ... embarassing. :p

I'll be back!

A careful examination of your screenshots shows that you appear to have docked at Azeban Orbital (outpost). Azeban City (coriolis) is where they sell Eranin Pearl Whisky.....

@Alec, I've just realised...

You bought the milk to try and distract CMDR furrycat didn't you!

Very cunning indeed! ;)

A careful examination of your screenshots shows that you appear to have docked at Azeban Orbital (outpost). Azeban City (coriolis) is where they sell Eranin Pearl Whisky.....

Yes yes - I realise that now. Besides, I had some land that needed enriching. [big grin]

You bought the milk to try and distract CMDR furrycat didn't you!

Mwah ha ha haaaaa!

[video=youtube;tMcqSEbOheI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMcqSEbOheI[/video]

Game over.

And the claws are out!! [hehe]

Anyhoo, lopped almost 9 minutes off my previous time (that's how long it takes to get pirated, I guess!), now at 35:56.

Not an optimised Asp by any means, and lugging 17t of booze for more than half the way. Oh, and no Jumponium trickery either.

(See here for details)

Top Bottom