Bringing this back: Animal Behavior Upgrades[Frontier, please read.]

What exactly does the Notification say. Do you have a Screenshot of it?
No, no screenshot. Honestly, since they changed the notifications last year, I don't pay much attention to notifications.
Happened to me with young hyenas. The female was born in my zoo.
Only make screenshots when something special happens, never occured to me this was special at the time.

All I found about personalities is that frontier were referring to whole species not individuals.
IRRC in their videos they were talking about them and then show springboks being shy.
I think by personalities they meant: aardvark=shy, chimp=social etc.
Think you are right about that one. All-in-All, words could've been picked better.
No matter what way you look at it, there's room for discussion on how they meant it. And I think that shouldn't be the case.
Same happened with unique. Some assume it's about the look and some just look at the stats.
They don't feel unique (I agree) but they are unique when you look at their genetics. Granted, it's a percentage but still unique.

No, no screenshot. Honestly, since they changed the notifications last year, I don't pay much attention to notifications.
Happened to me with young hyenas. The female was born in my zoo.
Only make screenshots when something special happens, never occured to me this was special at the time.
Really interesting when they were really still young. Maybe all males in the Enclosure were closely related? Heard African Wild Dogs prevent Incest (don't know if they do it in the Game too because I've only kept them once) so maybe Hyenas do the same. Don't have that much Experience with Spotted Hyenas because even though I really like them, I'm keeping them almost never due to the extremely small Pack Size (even though some Zoos do successfully keep Packs of around 10

Did you read my post in its entirety? I did put this into consideration but again: AGRESSIVENESS is not a trait in any species in PZ.
Ironically, shouting is a bit aggressive.
The animals in this game are not aggressive. Neither to guests nor to other animals. The argument "oh, they meant species" can only be given when they were refering to reactions to guests and how much of a crowed they can handle. Aggressiveness has nothing to do with it.
Grizzly bears attack other animals, pandas don’t. Aren’t grizzly’s, therefore, more aggressive?
By the way, the only ones who were ever "dementing" the rumours were players,
What does “‘dementing’ the rumours” mean?
It has been brought up in many threads that this was false advertising.
And yet no one has been able to find anywhere where they actually made the claim. As I said above, I think I remember them saying it myself. I’m just willing to admit that I may have misunderstood.
Wouldn't they address the topic with proof when this was a miscommunication? They did so with other topics.
And they didn’t with some others.Thry should have, but Frontier are pretty bad at that sort of communication IMO.

Regardless of if it was meant to be put in or not. It really needs to be. I’m sick of my animals being so robotic. It’s a shame that the animals in zt2 a game from 2004 exhibit more engaging behaviors than the ones in planet zoo
Agree, nobody is against including this :D
(don't see many people asking for not more stuff in PZ)

And yet no one has been able to find anywhere where they actually made the claim. As I said above, I think I remember them saying it myself. I’m just willing to admit that I may have misunderstood.
And it will remain that way, for over 2 years now. Many people have asked about proof of this claim - also when someone posts a rumour, a lot of people ask for proof as well, so it's not a weird request. When you accuse someone for false advertising, at least provide something.

The timber wolf range was a recent example on how you can remember something differently. Heck, a while ago I remembered the Timber wolf didn't have the Europe tag in the beginning. Not a big deal imo, these things happen.

Considering how computers already struggle with this game well before the map is filled/other limitations, I'd say the vast majority of the desired behaviors here aren't going to happen (creating individual variations on behavior would take a lot of processing). My … lowered expectations would be more realistic group sizes (several animals that can live in large groups are not allowed to do so in the game) and better/more visible group behavior. Like: herd animals really herd. Pack animals do more social bonding behaviors (mutual grooming, etc) and juveniles interact with adults with a little more variation. These are just tweaks or group additions to existing behaviors, rather than implementing a whole new behavioral structure which seems very unlikely at this point and probably not possible within the existing game limitations.

As to the hunting/killing safari stuff? No way. It's rare and generally frowned on to allow live predation for the majority of animals. You can find it, but it's not considered best practices. It also doesn't fit with the general light hearted, peaceful and all ages concept the game as a whole has. The argument that some people like it? Sure, and that's totally fine ... but that's a different game.

Considering how computers already struggle with this game well before the map is filled/other limitations, I'd say the vast majority of the desired behaviors here aren't going to happen (creating individual variations on behavior would take a lot of processing). My … lowered expectations would be more realistic group sizes (several animals that can live in large groups are not allowed to do so in the game) and better/more visible group behavior. Like: herd animals really herd. Pack animals do more social bonding behaviors (mutual grooming, etc) and juveniles interact with adults with a little more variation. These are just tweaks or group additions to existing behaviors, rather than implementing a whole new behavioral structure which seems very unlikely at this point and probably not possible within the existing game limitations.

As to the hunting/killing safari stuff? No way. It's rare and generally frowned on to allow live predation for the majority of animals. You can find it, but it's not considered best practices. It also doesn't fit with the general light hearted, peaceful and all ages concept the game as a whole has. The argument that some people like it? Sure, and that's totally fine ... but that's a different game.
funny you say that because animals in this game already fight and kill eachother lol, and predators DO kill prey. It's just entirely unrealistic and mass murder-y as it is now.

Yup, I know if predators get into a prey exhibit they go on a killing spree. It's designed so it's not really viable as a way to keep the animals and if you happen to have the inspector activated, you'll get dinged for it.

Yup, I know if predators get into a prey exhibit they go on a killing spree. It's designed so it's not really viable as a way to keep the animals and if you happen to have the inspector activated, you'll get dinged for it.
It's not exactly realistic, though, which completely goes against this game's main selling point as having "the most realistic animal behavior in any zoo sim".

Top Bottom