Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: My True Love Sent To Me (25 Dec - 6 Jan)

Finished my run today. Should have screenshots PM'd by later tonight.

Didn't use any breaks as it seemed like cheating at the time of my quick read of the rules.

After my attempt, I went through all the pages of the thread and saw it all explained on page 5,
so I understand how the breaks work, but I'm going to stick to my time with 0 breaks.

Least I gave it a shot and earned 2 million doing something fun (while swearing at my luck with rare spawns). :D

If you have separate screenshots of land and launch maybe you could retrofit a break or two.

:D I cannot emphasise enough how grateful I am to know that I'm not the only one to consider such cunning misuse of Drakhyr's breaks, as I was definitely planning to grab pre-launch screenshots at every stop. I salute you CMDR furrycat! o7

Nothing like getting on board late in the day!

I intend to have a blast around this tonight - after taking my chrimbo decorations down of course!

fly fast chaps
<-lightspeed->

I'm afraid I won't make a run in this race. I didn't play that much during the holidays and now there's BBR9 ongoing and I haven't had time to even take a look at a possible route. Originally intended to do a run in an Orca, but I probably won't have enough time for that anymore. Fly fast to everybody who does a last minute run and see you at BBR9 and The Art of Pandemonium! :)

Last edited:
I'm torn between knowing I could do better with more strategic use of breaks, and really wanting to spend the game time a run would take on other things. I'll probably stick with my current time, because my guiding rule in this game is always "do what seems like fun."

smeg!

View attachment 92977

i thought i'd left myself plenty of time, obviously not.

i had great fun though. met Raiko on course and my in station HOTAS skills are coming along nicely.

I opted not to use the 'breaks' option and think this may have been an error of judgement.

thanks Drakhyr

fly fast CMDRs
<-lightspeed->

smeg!

View attachment 92977

i thought i'd left myself plenty of time, obviously not.

i had great fun though. met Raiko on course and my in station HOTAS skills are coming along nicely.

I opted not to use the 'breaks' option and think this may have been an error of judgement.

thanks Drakhyr

fly fast CMDRs
<-lightspeed->

Do please send your details in anyway, I am prepared to be a bit flexible :)

I was a DNF as well for this one.

I still had two stops to go at midnight, so I just carried on to the end out of curiosity to see where I'd have finished. My final stop needed three spawns so it was after 00:30GMT by the time I made it to Windt. I've still not worked out what my time would have been; I needed 5 breaks due to waiting for respawns (there wouldn't have been any 'sneaky' breaks despite my cheeky post earlier), so I've not sat down yet to figure out what my my run would have been.

I was certainly slower than CMDR furrycat; my time from start to finish without breaks would have been approx 2h40m. With the 5 breaks subtracted and 5 penalties added I think I'd have been around Kliggjr's time. I'll let you know tonight when I figure it out.

Even though the party was over by the time I made it to Windt, I had a great time making the run - thanks Drakhyr. :)
I knew that I'd need around three hours playtime to make the run and had hoped to be setting off by 21:00GMT, but it ended up close to 22:00 by the time I launched, so I knew that I needed the rares gods on my side to finish in time.

Last edited:
i forgot to mention my time!

I got round in 02:34:xx. That's with no breaks, 7 station revisits and one interdiction (which i lost and got smashed down to 40%!). If i'd used breaks i think it could have been a challenger to the mighty CMDR furrycat, podium at least.

This makes me want another crack at the Black Riband before I disappear to Distant Worlds.

thanks Drakhyr, I'll send through my screenies later today. cheers

Last edited:
grrrrrr.

after looking at my Asp in the dock at Windt this evening I found only 77 tonnes of cargo. The Rare Gods of Momus Reach had sold me short and in my haste to return before the scary midnight deadline I missed their tomfoolary. So no result for me.

fly fearless
<-lightspeed->

mtlstm_albatross_jan07.jpg

Well, the preliminary results are now in, subject to any corrections and submission of Raiko's time.

The final day saw two additional entries both come extremely close to existing times, both piloting Asp Explorers in the Albatross class. Cmdr Markzx59 finally submitted the records of his attempt earlier in the week. Once the adjustments for breaks were included, Markzx59's ship Jack finished up very close in front of KliggJr, just taking the third place position.

A little further back, Cmdr Terrorsidic's unimaginatively named Asp joined the "no breaks" club. Coming agonisingly close to Cheetah's tailfins, Terrorsidic was unable to pass, finishing a mere 33 seconds behind over a 3 hour course...

At the head of the table, Markzx59's late entry leaves him in third position overall. Porina managed an impressive second place in only his second race, but at the top of the table we have to congratulate Cmdr furrycat for yet another convincing victory. Well done furrycat!

It only remains for me to say thank you to everybody who took part (including those who didn't manage to complete the course). If you haven't already, make sure you head over to HIP 78136 for Buckyball Run 9, on now until Saturday (including another LIVE run 2100 GMT on Saturday). Keep an eye on buckyballracing.org.uk - we have many more races planned, with The Art of Pandemonium next up in a only a week's time...

we have to congratulate Cmdr furrycat for yet another convincing victory. Well done furrycat!

First regular race victory in fact. What better chance to win than in an event with a low turnout! Nonetheless I'll give myself another star to add to my Black Riband one.

I thank you, I thank you.

Congratulations furrycat, that's a really nice time. And thanks for organising the race Drakhyr, it really captured that frantic Christmas shopping experience, especially for idiots like me who literally left it until the eleventh hour to run. :D

Raiko, the same applies to you :D
Well, the preliminary results are now in, subject to any corrections and submission of Raiko's time.
Thanks for the kind offer Drakhyr, but I'd feel a lot better to just be DNF. I had 12 days to make a run, and left it until the last three hours - and even then I was almost an hour late starting. :)

I'll figure out my time, and will be happy enough to post it and send my screenshots so Jhyrryl can use them, but I'd feel very bad to knock anyone down the leader board with a submission that broke the rules. I've not checked how long my five breaks were yet, so my time could be anywhere between 2nd and 5th if it were added.

Fly fast CMDRs! o7

---EDIT---

With the five breaks accounted for, and five 35s penalties added, my run would have been 01:37:58.

The original time, without breaks was 2:41:58.

Last edited:
Congrats to Furry and Sam and Jak for winng there respective classes.. Samwel you had an easy win then.. on your 3rd hosted race.
some of us have only hosted one small one. and others none. I think xmas might have been the time to share out the sherry and do some sort of multi host event that was combined.
so we can get more guys hosting. which is easy to say in retrospect. like a 12 day event split into 6 or 4 or something. with an overall board at the end.

it really captured that frantic Christmas shopping experience,
yeah .. it was too similar an experience. lots of gnashing of teeth and unreasonable expectation.
but its got me out to a few rare stops i wouldn't otherwise have gone too. cheers Drakhyr.

First regular race victory in fact. What better chance to win than in an event with a low turnout! Nonetheless I'll give myself another star to add to my Black Riband one.
I thank you, I thank you.
well if id have known we had stars id have tried harder ;)

Last edited:
Good job everyone!

Here's the route I took for the Wren class, which I believe totaled 1962.36 LYs:

• Q1 Eridani
    • Kinago
    • Helvetitj
    • Ethgreze
  • Q1 Eridani
    • Karsuki Ti
    • Rapa Bao
  • Q1 Eridani
    • Nguna
    • Momus Reach
  • Q1 Eridani
    • Damna
    • 39 Tauri
  • Q1 Eridani
    • Arouca
    • Aerial
    • Phiagre
  • Q1 Eridani

Nonetheless I'll give myself another star to add to my Black Riband one.

Congrats indeed. Erm... are there any points for 2nd place? ;)

...but I'd feel very bad to knock anyone down the leader board with a submission that broke the rules.

---EDIT---

With the five breaks accounted for, and five 35s penalties added, my run would have been 01:37:58.

*looks at above time*
*looks at my time*

:D

I have some room for improvement in whatever the next one I do is... probably a while off after Distant Worlds.

Top Bottom