PvP Calling out all PvPers!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back on topic, I appreciate the OP's efforts, but just like DW2, many of us don't have the flexibility and free time to participate in anything that requires out-of-game scheduling, a Discord account, a flowchart to understand all the event rules, etc. ED needs have this sort of thing built in, PvP CGs if you'd like, with PvP-only zones (no NPCs mucking things up). Until that happens, I'll be playing other games to enjoy PvP and using ED to "blaze my own trail" hundreds of LY from any ganker hotspot.

iu

You're excused! ;)

Please do keep in mind though, there are people out there who just love to manage stuff and human potential. They often enjoy it far more than passively attending to things like such events. Guess my thread is aimed to those people.

P.S.
Thank you for the beautifull alien! >kiss!<

If you need further proof, feel free to duel me in game. I'm always up for a challenge :)

Sure thing! Gimme your in-game name.

Lol, op, try the real pvp that exists first, then let's hear how you can improve it. This pipedream is just that, a pipedream. There is loads of lawful vs outlaw stuff going on all the time, emergent, serious pvp between pilots who really care, almost every day. Or if you want to test your skills, you can go to shinny on any evening and get interdicted, or simply call people out outside Jameson. Those who think pvp in elite is non existent or rubbish, haven't been exposed to it. It needs some balance work, but a proper good vs evil, cops and robbers in space battle is just around the corner if that interests you. I like your ambitious style though.

Oh my. As far as I thank you for your input, it's also one of the major disappointments.

A pipe-dream? Why? I've done waaaaayyy more challenging things on-line numerous of times. The whole campains of player-driven events!!

This is basically a kindergarten what I'm pulling here.

Care to share a few words on how your squadron's organized PvP activities look like? Do you have any? Do you know anyone that has?

I'm not talking shouting out people outside Jameson. LOL! I'm talking star wars, man!!!!

500 PvPers attending in PvP tournament, divided into squadrons and fighting 30 vs 30 matches, spiced up with some lore, role-play conflicts and so on. Wasn't this one of the reasons for Frontier to introduce squadrons in first place??!

I'm having a very strong feelings now that whatever it is you can share with me will be very boring, if such a simple task as this simple event I'm talking about as an example is so hard for you to grasp even?

Please, pretty please with cherry on top, make me wrong!! :)

Gaarp How are you supposed to organize a event when you end up blocking everyone who attends. That is not a good way to solve an issue lmao

That's what I call a preparation stage. The goal is to have fun with likeable people.

The player base of Elite Dangerous is big enough to cut out the ones that just don't catch the meaning of "being nice to other player". :)

Don't worry Gaarp, I still like you!

ps - she's not an alien, Widowmaker is a Talon assassin and sniper who has had her heart rate slowed so much that her skin has turned blue. The blue-haired princess has nothing on the blue-skinned assassin!

Mastered it? Or mastered avoiding it completely by blocking anyone who you don't agree with sir?

Another term is moderation.

One responsible for garhering a number of players under some agenda is also responsible for a healthy enviroment one is inviting others to join. It's fairly simple and obvious if to ponder on it.

We have moderators on our forums which are just fallowing certain rules (which all of us agreed to before joining forums) when cutting out content that is not in compliance with those rules.

My rules are far simpler: no bulliyng, no ganking, no griefing.

Another term is moderation.

One responsible for garhering a number of players under some agenda is also responsible for a healthy enviroment one is inviting others to join. It's fairly simple and obvious if to ponder on it.

We have moderators on our forums which are just fallowing certain rules (which all of us agreed to before joining forums) when cutting out content that is not in compliance with those rules.

My rules are far simpler: no bulliyng, no ganking, no griefing.

A PvPer asks for a simple duel and you block him based on nothing at all. Look, competitive PvP isn't my thing really but you've literally kicked this off with toxic behavior.

Oh my. As far as I thank you for your input, it's also one of the major disappointments.

A pipe-dream? Why? I've done waaaaayyy more challenging things on-line numerous of times. The whole campains of player-driven events!!

This is basically a kindergarten what I'm pulling here.

Care to share a few words on how your squadron's organized PvP activities look like? Do you have any? Do you know anyone that has?

I'm not talking shouting out people outside Jameson. LOL! I'm talking star wars, man!!!!

500 PvPers attending in PvP tournament, divided into squadrons and fighting 30 vs 30 matches, spiced up with some lore, role-play conflicts and so on. Wasn't this one of the reasons for Frontier to introduce squadrons in first place??!

I'm having a very strong feelings now that whatever it is you can share with me will be very boring, if such a simple task as this simple event I'm talking about as an example is so hard for you to grasp even?

Please, pretty please with cherry on top, make me wrong!! :)
It's not just our squadron's organised activities, but the activities of many squadrons in coordination. There are coalitions, discords sharing intelligence and conducting daily operations which groups or individuals may or may not choose to participate in. Just yesterday I got an alert at the Citadel discord (intelligence sharing non-military coalition of lawful pvp groups) about outlaws attacking randoms in a nearby system, such reports come in most days, often there are multiple engagements going on at the same time. The outlaws and the lawfuls in ED pvp largely know each other, it's a very small percentage of the playerbase actively participating in aggressive pvp engagements, but those that are take it seriously, the big players (and I don't pretend we are one, we are not, we just dabble here and there) are well known on both sides, it's a small community. The rest of the pvp in elite is random ganking by the outlaws, cos that's what they do for fun, and why we try to engage them, we provide content for each other on a pretty much daily basis, there's enough 'real' drama going on about who attacked who and why we're at war with whoever, that imagined politics aren't needed either! ;) Anyway, it's not up to me to do your research for you, join a serious pvp squadron (or a less serious one, if you like), and see what they're doing, trust me if you're connected tot he right channels, it's a very active pastime.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom