PvP Calling out all PvPers!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to hear this theory.

I'm friends with many white knight players that don't act like this.
Every white knight I'm friends with is happy players like me exist because it gives them someone to fight.
Honestly, I've never met a regular pvper that acts like this, this is usually the attitude of someone that has spent most of their time in solo or playing alone in open.

I'd love to see Jason expand on it as well. In my experience, the folks on XBOX (where you play, right Ganksalot?) are usually way more chill about the cops and robbers thing. Sure, there's the usual locker room trash talk and what not but it feels like more people are "in on the joke" than PC.

Cliff's Notes on my hypothesis: white knight players, usually "lawful" PvPers, have no sense of humor. At least in the relationship to their playing ED.

That's where the fundamental disconnect comes from when you converse with them; they are figuratively blinded by their raging hatred of "griefers" and therefore cannot see our valid points, or far more importantly cannot appreciate our dank azz memes.

Prove me wrong, guys.

Cliff's Notes on my hypothesis: white knight players, usually "lawful" PvPers, have no sense of humor. At least in the relationship to their playing ED.

That's where the fundamental disconnect comes from when you converse with them; they are figuratively blinded by their raging hatred of "griefers" and therefore cannot see our valid points, or far more importantly cannot appreciate our dank azz memes.

Prove me wrong, guys.

I loathe griefers but I vomit inane ramblings all over the forums in a weak imitation of humour, do I count as evidence or am I some kind of mistake?

I loathe griefers but I vomit inane ramblings all over the forums in a weak imitation of humour, do I count as evidence or am I some kind of mistake?

Definitely a mistake. Your parents should be slapped.

jasonbarron smirks in the shadows, sipping his extremely refreshing, extremely dry glass of red wine, waiting to see if Relspi is a white knight sympathizer, or if he can be influenced to come to the other side...

Definitely a mistake. Your parents should be slapped.

jasonbarron smirks in the shadows, sipping his extremely refreshing, extremely dry glass of red wine, waiting to see if Relspi is a white knight sympathizer, or if he can be influenced to come to the other side...

The only side I take is my own. This absolves me of all responsibility for anything. Argue with that, tough guy.

I'd love to see Jason expand on it as well. In my experience, the folks on XBOX (where you play, right Ganksalot?) are usually way more chill about the cops and robbers thing. Sure, there's the usual locker room trash talk and what not but it feels like more people are "in on the joke" than PC.
I wonder if it's something to do with the balance of competitive vs cooperative multiplayer titles on consoles versus PC - back when I had a PS3 the latter option seemed way thinner on the ground than I was used to seeing in PC titles, so maybe console players are more likely than PC players to see pvp as a normal, expected part of gaming...

Prove me wrong, guys.
I agree with you, being lawful has never been considered cool or dank. However, I am okay with my banality.

I really don't hate anyone. Play the game your way. What I don't like is misery. Misery being people who felt their time was utterly wasted. People who feel so badly that they want to just quit the game. Whether or not their misery is justified is not important to me. Someone is not having a good time. That is sad.

In other words it is completely possible to be a White Knight /Carebear thingy and not give a rat's about griefers or gankers. Am I going seek vengeance? Maybe? Am I going to enjoy every opportunity for an amusing fight? You bet!

o7

I would also argue that ganking brings more people into PvP. I have over a dozen players on my friends list that I met because I ganked them and they sent me a message asking how I was able to do it and in turn I took em under my wing and taught them how to PvP, build ships and helped em unlock engineers. When I played as a white knight (with IED) I never met anyone cause I could only fight players that were already pvpers.

Not all white knight squads are boring, SMC does full blown roll play as space cops and it's hilarious. They attacked our BGS once and every time we got into a battle with them the would send us messages like "die scum", "you will pay for your crimes against the galaxy" and "soon your tyranny will come to and end". We whooped the crap out of em but the whole experience was a blast and we all had a great time and lots of laughs.

ndssh.jpg

Although none of the bellow are on the topic of this thread, I thank the fallowing Commanders for their time and input to the conversation:

(...) People will argue on the semantics of ‘PvPer’ and ‘ganker’ to fit their narrative and you’ll never win because they’re right, and you’re also right. (...)

It's not a win/lose scenario. I have a full right to chose people to have fun with, as I'm chosing who's reply here I consider worth my personal time to respond. We all have such rights. :)

(...) I don't think blocking PvP players in this thread is really going to cure your problem in Open. (...)

I'm not having any problems with OPEN. I love it!!!

It gives me the possibility to have fun with real human beings, sharing same pasion for our game. The game itself is also giving me the possibility to just simply cut out the ones that aren't sharing my playstyle.

...and by blocking those kind of "PvP" players I'm also building a master list of an in-game bullies for a future use. By me and by others. Simple.

(...) If you want someone to fly with evenings during Eastern Standard Time you can join my private group.
We'll be hunting pirates around Deciat - we currently only have a 2 man wing but help is always appreciated.
Please note: We're very new so don't expect miracles or anything - I usually lose my shields to asteroids. (...)

Thank you! As far as I appreciate your offer I just love flying OPEN to much.

Okay, because you asked nicely with a cherry on top and everything - here's why you're wrong. (...)

It's nice if someone is nice, isn't it? ;)

(...) You claim to have led big player events in other games, yet you show little skill in the kind of diplomacy required to bring people together. Instead your words come across as arrogant and ignorant (a particularly toxic combination) and you immediately attack the people you're trying to sell to. (...)

If you think I'm trying to bring together and/or sell anything to gankers and bullies, than you're simply wrong.

(...) ...it's clear you have little experience with either the existing PVP population (both the total size and make up) or the instancing limitations in the game. I'd bet real money you've never even participated in a single wing vs. wing fight involving just 8 people, let alone 60. (...)

Based on your last comment down below it's clear, it's you who have little experience with this game's PvP population.

(...) You're pitching an idea to a game population that doesn't really exist. "Ganking" or "griefing" are very subjective terms which you have not defined. (...)

If something doesn't exist for you it doesn't mean it doesn't exist at all. It's very easy to destinguish a ganker, griefer or any on-line bully from a casual player. The second one is simply polite to other players.

(...) Based on your trigger happy blocking behavior evident in just this one thread, I'd guess that you'd disqualify 90% or more of the existing players who engage in PVP. (...)

Guess again, as you overshoot this one by lightyears.

Can we now please get back to the thread's topic? Thank you!

WEll, as you know, heated pvp discussion is not tolerated on family forums. Plus, most people think the whole forum is dangerous discussion. Have you been to the pvp section? :)

This thread has already almost 100 replies, 1k views. How many on the OP's topic?

10!

...of which three of them came from you. The major rest of is about trying to lecture me on how to proceed with gankers.

So, Commander Aashenfox, I can't agree with you more!! o7

Last edited:
If you think I'm trying to bring together and/or sell anything to gankers and bullies, than you're simply wrong.

Based on your last comment down below it's clear, it's you who have little experience with this game's PvP population.

If something doesn't exist for you it doesn't mean it doesn't exist at all. It's very easy to destinguish a ganker, griefer or any on-line bully from a casual player. The second one is simply polite to other players.

Guess again, as you overshoot this one by lightyears.

Can we now please get back to the thread's topic? Thank you!

You're suggesting you know more about the PVP community than Starmony?

LOL

It's like a parody!

There's been a few events like this before that have been pretty fun, but they were much simpler and therefore ran more smoothly.

The combat you propose is gonna have a few issues:
1. Instancing is gonna be impossible / very difficult, anything over 30 people is very unstable and getting people to redrop and stay in wing is gonna be a nightmare. Also the lag with NPC's in the instance too will be unbearable.
2. Scoring based on fewest rebuys is an error, it's just gonna lead to passive play, early wakes and high shield, low DPS ships. Imo it'll be 30 cutters waking at 2 wings and never dying unless they get rekt by the heat bug or something.

Also your interaction with star was pretty funny, shame I won't get to see the video of you getting rekt after you chickened out.

There's been a few events like this before that have been pretty fun, but they were much simpler and therefore ran more smoothly. (...)

Finally! Thank you.

(...) The combat you propose is gonna have a few issues:
1. Instancing is gonna be impossible / very difficult, anything over 30 people is very unstable and getting people to redrop and stay in wing is gonna be a nightmare. Also the lag with NPC's in the instance too will be unbearable. (...)

Aknowledged. That one is easy to fix then. 15 vs 15 wil be enjoyable no less.

Plus, there are ways to "ping" certain IPs, to find out who's lagging, bottlenecking the P2P instancing. I'm no expert in Elite's instancing issues, but there are many Commanders out there smarter than me on the case. I'm more than sure, they'll be willing to help out and share their detailed opinions/advices with fellow Commanders.

Plus there are many low-res sites out there with only few to almost none NPCs. Usually considered as a flaw it might work on our adventage this time. That's just a matter of campaign's pre-production, the proper research of the void etc.

(...) 2. Scoring based on fewest rebuys is an error, it's just gonna lead to passive play, early wakes and high shield, low DPS ships. Imo it'll be 30 cutters waking at 2 wings and never dying unless they get rekt by the heat bug or something. (...)

Well, that's one of the reasons to fish out and cut out gankers and other individuals having an issue understanging the term "fun".

That's easy fix as well. Terms of attendance comes in place. Plus moderators and bans from whole campaign/single event. The soccer have it, we will have it. ;)

Leave this kind of details to me. I'm experienced in this matter.

(...) Also your interaction with star was pretty funny, shame I won't get to see the video of you getting grekt after you chickened out.

That was unecessary commen of yours. I would have "chickened out" if this guy would be a serious player, not a bully he's admitting himself to be.

...finally this discussion evolves into interesting direction!! :D

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom