PvP Calling out all PvPers!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm sorry, I was busy working...w-o-r-k-i-n-g (look it up!)

Oh dear, that misplaced confidence of someone who's now out of their depth, picking the wrong fight. Firstly, it was indeed an hilarious joke....pretty much on your usual level & secondly, yeah, I know; given that Troy is my username - I didn't randomly pick it...just like you didn't randomly pick the word "phist" in yours.

Am I okay?

Yes, well as "okay" as it's possible to be when attempting to converse with a chimp suffering from cerebral cortex complications as a direct result of severe head trauma; you really do bear the indelible stamp of your lowly origins, don't you?! & on that line of thinking, could someone explain that the two concepts are not mutually exclusive given the subtle sarcastic undertone of the aforementioned post?! :D

You should change your username to Troy "Not Actually OK With Jokes Despite My Name Coming From A Show That Contains a Fair Few of Them" McClure.

I stayed especially to rip you a new one but it seems you're one of those who likes to argue with a group of sycophants behind you interjecting with "Yeah!" sporadically. Pretty much the kind of PvP gamers who think because they spend all day in a little spacewacey game & managing to become mildly competent at it, that they are smarter & more talented human beings than other more casual players who don't take things quite as seriously...well it would appear that you are proof-positive that this is not the case.

Anyhoo, I'd love to stay & chat, but my good friend Mark Twain has explained via the medium of one of his many quotations that this might be a prudent time to leave.

You've never had the pleasure of debating me before have you, Phister?

Deflection caused by cognitive dissonance...good work fella!

C'mon guys!! Don't. Just don't do it.

And it's just when we're finally starting to talk like adults here.

I'm astonished how this thread just got a fresh breeze! Though, maybe that's because we've already managed to run through the Elite's stereotypical PvP world - which was pretty interesting experience, have to admit.

...and it might be this world needs a fresh breeze as well!!! :D

(...) It’s been funny watching your attempted condescension on famous pvp players and squadron leaders in this thread. After that kind of “performance” it’s safe to say the thread has ran it’s course. You passed the test in spades!!!

Quite the opposite my friend. Your "famous PvP players" draw mostly a pretty grim picture of what I'd like to call a joyfull player versus player experience.

You know, thing are shifting all the time around us. In most cases it only takes to make the first step towards the new direction. Others usually fallow quickly after.

And soon after that, there are new standards and pictures being drawn... ;)

The Replicated Man

T
I stayed especially to rip you a new one but it seems you're one of those who likes to argue with a group of sycophants behind you interjecting with "Yeah!" sporadically. Pretty much the kind of PvP gamers who think because they spend all day in a little spacewacey game & managing to become mildly competent at it, that they are smarter & more talented human beings than other more casual players who don't take things quite as seriously...well it would appear that you are proof-positive that this is not the case.

Anyhoo, I'd love to stay & chat, but my good friend Mark Twain has explained via the medium of one of his many quotations that this might be a prudent time to leave.

You've never had the pleasure of debating me before have you, Phister?
r/iamverysmart material.

Might post up for the laughs

Elite's PvP new standards to be spread (?):

And there are many of us who really dislike meta min / max builds and rather have "fun" fights in "simpler" ships where one does not need Prismatic shields and SCBs to win. I think the OP is looking for something similar.

BTW, if the game itself provided a small number of PvP-only combat zones (no NPCs), then I think this might happen based on the averaging of numbers. When you remove NPCs, the game easily supports 20 players on the humble PS4 before framerate drops. With 10 players per side, not everyone has to be flying G5 Cutters. I could come in with my fixed cannon Vulture and have fun, too. My complaint with the game isn't so much that griefing happens, but rather that more traditional, "balanced" PvP does not happen, not without people going through great lengths to artificially create it. At least not for more casual "I ain't got time to grind" PvPers like myself.

Quite the opposite my friend. Your "famous PvP players" draw mostly a pretty grim picture of what I'd like to call a joyfull player versus player experience.

You know, thing are shifting all the time around us. In most cases it only takes to make the first step towards the new direction. Others usually fallow quickly after.

And soon after that, there are new standards and pictures being drawn... ;)

It's only grim in your mind. Quite enjoyable for me. Bad boys hunt for the newbies, I (among others) set myself to hunt for the bad boys. But so do they, in return, hunt for me. It's the ecosystem FD given us. If you're interested in my opinion, no, I don't enjoy being placed in a line, handed out a ticket and wait for my next round in a set-pieces drama made up of 22 stages. I prefer living it, wander around, pick some fights with wanted commanders, lose some, win some. Take sides in conflicts, which are naturally (procedurally) generated, sometimes player-driven. Play Elite: Dangerous. Basically, what commander Kerenski said on the first page perfectly summarizes how I see this game. Some others too. Seven pages in, You don't seem to catch up with the irony of the situation. The galaxy already is a loose confederation of warring tribes. PvP communites, small, but dedicated plan and plot against each other, make alliances, just like IRL, things are shifting all the time, be it BGS, cops/robbers or other role play stuff. Some religious fanatics too, believe it or not! Along come You with an offer to save community from grimness.

Thanks, Prometheus, but I'll pass.

Last edited:
Ambitious, eh? I only noticed self adoration by multiple declarations of awesomeness.

It’s interesting how much pvp is going on in the game under radar. Way I see it locking players in guilds and pitting them against each other will rarely work in ED. (Essentially because there’s nothing tangible to fight over) My favourite ED events are not curated, but organic, spontaneous. In any case there are plenty of both, do your research @kobayashi.

Or, better still, I could listen a little more about how awesome you are, Gaarp

So let me get this straight.
You say this endeavour would be "locking" players and that's bad because there's nothing "tangible" to fight over?

Interesting.

Perhaps you could enlighten us what this "tangible" thing is when gankers (griefers) engage a lesser vessel?

All I see so far is a good idea being bashed for no tangible reason. Unless you could elucidate further for us...

So let me get this straight.
You say this endeavour would be "locking" players and that's bad because there's nothing "tangible" to fight over?

Interesting.

Perhaps you could enlighten us what this "tangible" thing is when gankers (griefers) engage a lesser vessel?

All I see so far is a good idea being bashed for no tangible reason. Unless you could elucidate further for us...
Don't engage the people who bash an idea that you like - they won't be there, they don't matter.

It's only grim in your mind. Quite enjoyable for me. Bad boys hunt for the newbies, I (among others) set myself to hunt for the bad boys. But so do they, in return, hunt for me. It's the ecosystem FD given us. If you're interested in my opinion, no, I don't enjoy being placed in a line, handed out a ticket and wait for my next round in a set-pieces drama made up of 22 stages. I prefer living it, wander around, pick some fights with wanted commanders, lose some, win some. Take sides in conflicts, which are naturally (procedurally) generated, sometimes player-driven. Play Elite: Dangerous. Basically, what commander Kerenski said on the first page perfectly summarizes how I see this game. Some others too. Seven pages in, You don't seem to catch up with the irony of the situation. The galaxy already is a loose confederation of warring tribes. PvP communites, small, but dedicated plan and plot against each other, make alliances, just like IRL, things are shifting all the time, be it BGS, cops/robbers or other role play stuff. Some religious fanatics too, believe it or not! Along come You with an offer to save community from grimness.

Thanks, Prometheus, but I'll pass.

Thank you for your opinion. It was intersting read.

Why the mallice though??

"Seven pages in" this thread has underlined the chaos in which the Elite's PvP scene is floating. That's mostly not due to players' fault. Our game lacks of many PvP features very common in other MMOs.

Still I'm aiming to discuss an alternatives to this chaos. Chaos that some might like (as you), some simply don't (like me). But most Commanders just seem to be totally confused about!
  • How to engage a friendly PvP?;
  • Where to seek Commanders I can have a friendly duel with?;
  • Where is the thin border between ganking and PvP?;
  • Do I really need to grind for weeks/months to be able to participate nice PvP activities?;
  • Is there a really no way for an explorer or trader to try out a proper PvP once in a while?;
  • Why no one is talking about it on game's official forums?;
...and so on, and so on.

Those are the questions major part of Elite's community seem to be asking themselves.

Now there's a cherry on the cake for you:

NONE OF YOUR "FAMOUS PVP PLAYERS" IS ADRESING THOSE QUESTIONS!

They just don't give a damn, don't know how to answear, or whatever. Let them bask in their glory and play the game how they like. That's their own, private time we're talking about, isn't it?

Still there are literally thousands of Commanders out there that would enrich the stagnated PvP scene of our game, if they would receive some help!!!!

I'm trying to help. What I need to scramble through while trying to discuss this with the PvP communty?

...posts like yours, with childish, unecessary malice hidden there and there.

WHY???????

to OP
hmm i did fast read some of the last 7 pages.

however many pvper (both sides - outlaw and lawful) are doing pvp for a very long time. i mean more then a year.
the long time motivation will not be kept with pvp events imho.
i do organic fleet pvp a few times in the week and i do it cause i dont know what will happen in cockpit the next hours.
espacially on the lawful (security enforcer) side we have tons of content cause the avalanche of outlaws never stops.

i was personally in uncountable fleet pvp fights int the last years (some of them 50 ships in instance) but what was written before is right. the game mechanic can handle 3 v 3 wings not more without npcs. everyting what exceeds this limit the problem grow with every ship.

at the moment some of the long time pvper (espacially on the outlaw side) are leaving the game. and i totally get why they do it.
cause they really have a lack of content.

imho we should all brainstorm how we can create organic pvp content for all playstiles cause with planned content you will only have some good numbers of participants on special days.
it's a pitty that the open is rather calm at the moment except the few hotspots.

but fleet pvp is happening. very often in a week. you just have to contact the right guys and groups. and you are welcome on both sides.
for some examples of fleet pvp just go on my youtube channel.

...posts like yours, with childish, unecessary malice hidden there and there.

I understand the frustration. But this isn't chaos, this is galactic order. Don't look for hidden malice, lets discuss what's at the surface. Also, quit speaking for the majority of community, Tribune. No one elected you to do that. Speak for yourself.

So:

How to engage a friendly PvP?

Just find random commander with good combat rating and offer 1v1 to 20% of hull.

Where to seek Commanders I can have a friendly duel with

Shinrarta Dezhra is the best place for that. There is Wyrd, San Tu and others. Park near a station and ask for a 1v1.

Where is the thin border between ganking and PvP?

Ganking is one kind of PvP activity. People call them gankers because they gang up and they're .

Do I really need to grind for weeks/months to be able to participate nice PvP activities?

Yes and no. Yes, if you want engineered PvP activities. No, meaning there are stock ship tournaments going on.

Is there a really no way for an explorer or trader to try out a proper PvP once in a while?

Yes, there is. Roll up to one of the pvp systems and ask for a fight.

Why no one is talking about it on game's official forums?

People talk about it all the time. But if you want extensive talks, join one of the large groups.

WHY???????

Get it together and start discussing the actual event you proposed on page 1

"Seven pages in" this thread has underlined the chaos in which the Elite's PvP scene is floating. That's mostly not due to players' fault. Our game lacks of many PvP features very common in other MMOs.
I applaud your efforts; however, I don't think this characterization is helpful.
I like availability of chaos, unpredictability, and danger.
I think PvP could be improved but also really like the current options even though I don't currently participate.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom