PvP Calling out all PvPers!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
in organic pvp it is never really balanced.
one side always have more ships. stronger ships or stronger pilots, therefor its always a kind of gank.

but this is good in my book. in real battles also both sides are never equal.

competitive fights have a good place in turnaments...

Although fully fledged and engineered PvP is just fine as it is, it would be nice to have more opportunities to PvP in unengineered ships.

The engineering grindwall is significant and lobotomizing. Traders and Explorers do not have to undergo the sheer torture of material grinding in order to play their hearts' desires. Being able to PvP in a ship of your choice that is not very engineered without being instantly obliterated would be refreshing.

Gaarp, if you want to help, start an unengineered ship PvP discord and hold events for small, medium and large ships. You do the organizational aspects. Importantly you must let experienced and highly respected PvPers like Starmony, Rinzler and Yamato make up the rules. And Never Ever block anyone because they blew up a ship. You will be respected for your efforts.

o7

Gaarp, if you want to help, start an unengineered ship PvP discord and hold events for small, medium and large ships. You do the organizational aspects. Importantly you must let experienced and highly respected PvPers like Starmony, Rinzler and Yamato make up the rules. And Never Ever block anyone because they blew up a ship. You will be respected for your efforts.

I second this wholeheartedly without reservation.

we could petition a few permit locked systems where no engineered hardware is permitted. the luddite cluster. or sprinkled across the bubble. damn, even one single system would be a nice gesture, having a gathering place would help this type of gameplay tremendously.
Do they have no engineered hardware systems?
Because if they don't, this is really an interesting idea.

As a new player it is difficult for me to measure progress because the PKs always have 100 million credit ships.
Battles with unengineered ships would be a nice introduction to the PvP environment.

Do they have no engineered hardware systems?
Because if they don't, this is really an interesting idea.

As a new player it is difficult for me to measure progress because the PKs always have 100 million credit ships.
Battles with unengineered ships would be a nice introduction to the PvP environment.

A few points.

Small ship and un-engineered PVP is not a novel concept.
It also misses the point entirely.

A PVP FDL is more like 200 million.

depends on the armour
a shield and scb tank fdl is also available < 100 mil and has 95% of the combat power of a 200 mil fdl.
only slight less more hull when shields have dropped.

Brilliant idea to utilize a CZ for PvP to mark friends and foes.

OP, I think what you need to do is set up a Discord specifically for this sort of thing, find your moderators, and use the forums here to direct people to the discord. The discord can be used for real time announcements, and even could have divided private topics for the different factions to keep communications secret. It will be easier to organize this way instead of trying to do it directly on the forums.

Commander Ryan,

Although I very much applaud your skill and devotion to PvP, I hardly think that posting a video of your obliterating an opponent does much to build consensus and respect within the entire Elite Dangerous Community.

The question is: do PvPers love PvP enough to forego such expressions? Greatness never ever has to defend itself or speak for itself.

o7

btw, I am going to build your beam and rail FDL build, which CMDR duc_mallard was so kind to link in GCI. I am hoping the beam will provide an extra point of reference for watching the ship's attitude as well as for aiming the rails at which I suck at. It will be named "Fluffybunny Ryan" ( All my ships' names start with Fluffybunny. ) Thank you.

ryan_m

Banned
I think you may be reading into my post a bit more than you need to. I posted the video because I haven't seen OP since my posted encounter with him and I genuinely wondered whether he was still playing the game. Glad to see that he is.

That being said, PvP in Elite is dead and has been for some time. The PvP community has never been smaller than it is right now and it's only shrinking with FDev continually ignoring PvP for the better part of 5 years now.

I think you may be reading into my post a bit more than you need to. I posted the video because I haven't seen OP since my posted encounter with him and I genuinely wondered whether he was still playing the game. Glad to see that he is.

That being said, PvP in Elite is dead and has been for some time. The PvP community has never been smaller than it is right now and it's only shrinking with FDev continually ignoring PvP for the better part of 5 years now.

It's a beautiful video.

Happy the PvP!

Commander Ryan,

Although I very much applaud your skill and devotion to PvP, I hardly think that posting a video of your obliterating an opponent does much to build consensus and respect within the entire Elite Dangerous Community.

The question is: do PvPers love PvP enough to forego such expressions? Greatness never ever has to defend itself or speak for itself.

o7

btw, I am going to build your beam and rail FDL build, which CMDR duc_mallard was so kind to link in GCI. I am hoping the beam will provide an extra point of reference for watching the ship's attitude as well as for aiming the rails at which I suck at. It will be named "Fluffybunny Ryan" ( All my ships' names start with Fluffybunny. ) Thank you.

He was interdicted.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom