PvP Calling out all PvPers!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
He was interdicted.
Indeed he was. But Ryan made the choice to post the video when he could have refrained. Ryan could probably obliterate, in just a stock Hauler, most of we Commanders playing ED. I just feel perhaps, that it would have been more noble to not post the video. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut, but I am tired of seeing PvP bashed for the wrong reasons.

It seems to me that the reputation of PVP being a gankfest is only furthered by videos of ships being blown up. Non PvPers desperately need to learn that PvP is an art form and not just blowing up ships and chasing the latest meta.

o7

Indeed he was. But Ryan made the choice to post the video when he could have refrained. Ryan could probably obliterate, in just a stock Hauler, most of we Commanders playing ED. I just feel perhaps, that it would have been more noble to not post the video. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut, but I am tired of seeing PvP bashed for the wrong reasons.

It seems to me that the reputation of PVP being a gankfest is only furthered by videos of ships being blown up. Non PvPers desperately need to learn that PvP is an art form and not just blowing up ships and chasing the latest meta.

o7

Lol, OP started the fight.
Ryan was the "victim".

I think you are victim shaming!

LOL

o7

Are you telling me that if you recorded a guy sprint up to a you with a gun, then abruptly look down and start frantically sending you Facebook messages, you wouldn't publicise that?

That being said, PvP in Elite is dead and has been for some time. The PvP community has never been smaller than it is right now and it's only shrinking with FDev continually ignoring PvP for the better part of 5 years now.

PvP may be dead for those of you at the top of the heap and to those of you who have mastered the flight model, but for me it's just beginning. The magnificence of the flight model will always attract new Commanders.

Frankly, I think that PvP needs to go retro and revisit flying and fighting in non engineered ships. Not only will PvP be more accessible to those who don't have time to engineer, but it will make manifest how much engineering has dumbed down flying to a certain extent, i.e. pip management and relying exclusively on boost to maneuver.

o7

I think you may be reading into my post a bit more than you need to. I posted the video because I haven't seen OP since my posted encounter with him and I genuinely wondered whether he was still playing the game. Glad to see that he is.

That being said, PvP in Elite is dead and has been for some time. The PvP community has never been smaller than it is right now and it's only shrinking with FDev continually ignoring PvP for the better part of 5 years now.
Well according to the OP you're just a ganker and you have no clue what actual PvP is.

On a side note, PvP is still hoppin on xbox. There's events being organized almost every month and lots of wars between squadrons going on almost daily. There's also new squadron that just started up called ganc that has been so toxic to everyone that "good guy" and "bad guy" squadrons are teaming for the first time just to feed these guys as many rebuys as possible.
It's been pretty epic.

Man this forum is a dumpster fire. Always boils down to non-PvPers spouting paragraphs of drivel, thinking they're subject matter experts.

OP also says people are completely free to blaze whatever trail they want, but also says that anyone who ganks in a sandbox game can't also be a valid PvPer. Reality is that it's the only PvP content after a certain point.

o7
I have no clue what the PvP landscape looks like on PC but me thinks you're over exaggerating quite a bit.

Man this forum is a dumpster fire. Always boils down to non-PvPers spouting paragraphs of drivel, thinking they're subject matter experts.
Man this forum is a dumpster fire. Always boils down to PvPers spouting paragraphs of drivel, thinking they're subject matter experts.

OP also says people are completely free to blaze whatever trail they want, but also says that anyone who ganks in a sandbox game can't also be a valid PvPer. Reality is that it's the only PvP content after a certain point.
Don't forget he's also extremely awesome so a lot of what we say doesn't matter.

Ryan, I am sorry if your video is the sacrificial lamb illustrating my belief that PvP would be much better served if videos of ships being blown up were not so prevalent or so frequently used to make a point. I had to start somewhere and unfortunately it was you.

The videos that really need to be posted here, especially in Forums, are fights between similarly skilled pilots followed by a written evaluation by a master such as Yamato. When I first read an evaluation by Yamato, my jaw dropped, I had no clue what it takes to PvP well. It's amazing to learn how intricate and detailed flying can be. And very inspiring. I want to fly like that, too!

o7

Have you ever seen FDev do combat in this game? FDev are not experts. I'm not sure there's a staff member at FDev that could beat even a mid-tier PvPer.

That's not their place, developers are there to create and polish the code, not play. If devs would play, instead of work, the game would be crap. Players, luckily, are there to experiment upon. Some even become expert specimens, from which devs can derive correct conclusions and implement changes to the code.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom