PvP Calling out all PvPers!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I do this as well, to recruit... I get called a "griefer".. but never a "ganker"

this was from quoting Old Duck... on page 3... why didn't the quote show up???

While I appreciate your helpfulness, that's part of the problem - I don't want to follow a "meta" recipe. I do have some highly-engineered ships, fun little ships like my Viper III and even my Sidewinder (both which have survived some serious ganking attempts). Now what I need is environment where I can get a "fair" fight. I'm not talking about putting everyone else in Vipers. Rather I'm talking about that PvP-only CZ I keep bringing up, where hopefully there would be enough ships on both sides to allow a mix of small and large, along with different roles (tanks, shield DPS, hull DPS, perhaps even "healers").

Again, this is why I personally find PvP unappealing in ED, unless I'm just screwing around. I can't just jump in and play - I need to be a veteran with G5 materials and PP modules (of which I have one), then I have to use certain ships with certain recipes, then I have to go out-of-game to arrange a "fair" fight, and then I pray to the instancing gods, and..... Then I just say, "screw it", load Overwatch*, and have fun.

And I actually get rewards in Overwatch, unlike ED PvP which is relatively purposeless except for the thrill of the fight itself (the rewards being a huge repair bill and / or bounty on my head, or worse, and insane rebuy, which another reason I PvP in a Viper III).

* insert favorite PvP game of choice
I can see where you're coming from but I think there's more variation than you're giving credit to and most pvpers that are still playing, aren't flying the same ol met FDL. Some are, but most aren't. I think what's really enjoyable now is all the different ships people use. I've seen PvP T7's with 5000+ hull running all enforcers, I personally just built a PvP orca that I've been whooping butt with, I've seen a lot of shield/hull hybrid challengers lately for some reason, and my friends and I have been working on some different PvP DBX builds lately. And even though there's a loose meta for the shields and armor, there's actually quite a few different weapon combos that work really well. Personally I'm a fan all PA's because I am one of those try hards you've mentioned and I enjoy putting my skills to the test but there's actually quite a bit of variation in the PvP community.

If you think every pvper is still running the same FDL meta with all PA's you're mistaken.
I will admit though that PvP small ships are very rare to come by because of their lack of firepower.
That's actually my biggest irritation in this game, is the gap in damage output between small and medium ships.

Last edited:
If you think every pvper is still running the same FDL meta with all PA's you're mistaken.

After logging in for the first time in several months last night and cruising around Founders' World looking for PvP, I'm gonna have to go ahead and:

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

I even spectated a few fights and it was honestly the most braindead PvP I've ever seen. Wings of prismatic 5x booster 5x PA FDL's just jousting each other into infinity. Sad to see that the game has devolved to such a stupid meta that relies on you flying the most OP ship with the most OP shield setup and the most OP weapons rather than skill. I wanted to gouge my eyes out halfway during that fight, and I wasn't even participating.

After logging in for the first time in several months last night and cruising around Founders' World looking for PvP, I'm gonna have to go ahead and:

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

I even spectated a few fights and it was honestly the most braindead PvP I've ever seen. Wings of prismatic 5x booster 5x PA FDL's just jousting each other into infinity. Sad to see that the game has devolved to such a stupid meta that relies on you flying the most OP ship with the most OP shield setup and the most OP weapons rather than skill. I wanted to gouge my eyes out halfway during that fight, and I wasn't even participating.

Doesn't sound very fun. I suspected that I was better off sticking with Dark Souls III, and now I know.

It may be an anathema to your aesthetic, but if the peeps were having fun, why not? I regret that PvP in Elite has become disappointing for you, but for others, it is a very new joy. Rinzler, you are a top banana in PvP and I very much respect what you have done for PvP and your amazing skill. However, please do not despair, because it makes some of us sad. It simply has to get better. After all, could it get any worse?

o7

dont pull everything down
there are bi weave fdls out there (i fly one myself),
srb rails is also a nice variant atm, a lot of chieftain, some kraits with frags and much more

it's still a lot of variation in the pvp game

its only two weeks ago iirc when one of the biggest pvp battles ever took place in the game in eravate with 120 cmdr fighting in this system during a few hours.

with such destructive posts the only thing which is reached is, that people who want to get in to pvp think na its not worth the effort.
but it is worth the effort.

i place the offer to everyone to fly as guest with our forces to see with his own eyes.
send me a pm in case someone is interested... o7

Last edited:
I "defeated" an FDL with PAs about a week ago flying first my Sidewinder and then my Dolphin. I was glad he had PAs, as he couldn't land a shot on me. When I say "defeated", I mean survived and eventually escaped, and I agitated the heck out of this guy (not all PvPers are "nice" via comms). So while I don't have an interest in meta-PvP (as 3x07 dude describes), I do have fun poking at hornets nests and running blockades. And thanks to C&P, my cheap (yet oh so fun) Sidewinder costs my enemy a whole lot more when I do die.

That's unfortunate. It must be a PC thing cause I see all kinds of builds on Xbox.

That's unfortunate. It must be a PC thing cause I see all kinds of builds on Xbox.

Nah, it’s not a PC thing. He’s exaggerating. I see many diiferent builds and ships in Sinrarta. Small subset fly 5x PA builds, sure. Like 5-10% of folk, maybe. There’s much more ppl wielding 3xplasma/2rails, actually. and then there’s exotics: beams, frags, etc

Just some observations:

I also hang out on the CQC discord server where the CQC elites hang out.
1. No one ever complains about anything except for finding a match.
2. Although having already done the magnificent feat of achieving elite status in CQC, many of the elites are still playing regularly!
3. FA off in engineered shields and hull reinforcements is nothing compared to FA off in a stock ship in a small defined space littered with obstacles. There is no margin for error.

C'mon bored PvPers, get out of your comfort zone and try CQC! Your bored brain will love the stimulation.

o7

Last edited:
Having come to this series in FE2, the idea of beam lasers being "exotic" just feels wrong somehow, but in a time where rails are the only thing that can counter bank-spam and PAs are the only thing that can counter resistance-stacking, is it any wonder that people use those two particular things?
Other weapons are far more viable when you're fighting against people who don't have minmaxed defences (such as NPCs or PvEers) - weren't a lot of people on DG2 using frags for this reason?

Also I wanna see some of the funny CQC weapons in the main game. It's fun to see people fly straight at me when I've loaded a scattershot for the memes, it's such an underused weapon that a lot of people get caught off guard when someone actually uses it :D

Having come to this series in FE2, the idea of beam lasers being "exotic" just feels wrong somehow, but in a time where rails are the only thing that can counter bank-spam and PAs are the only thing that can counter resistance-stacking, is it any wonder that people use those two particular things?
Other weapons are far more viable when you're fighting against people who don't have minmaxed defences (such as NPCs or PvEers) - weren't a lot of people on DG2 using frags for this reason?

Nature of the game. Some people quickly find the meta, burn out and hop on to do other stuff. Others like to take it slow, experiment. Whichever way you twist the underlying stats there is going to be an uber build or two (or three), which is preferred by absolute best pilots. But how many people really get to that level? A dozen out of million? And why is it a problem, when majority of game population is unaffected and unaware of imaginary need to stick to a most mathematically viable option in a sandbox game where there is nothing to win? So, it's all good. o7o7o7

Last edited:
Just some observations:

I also hang out on the CQC discord server where the CQC elites hang out.
1. No one ever complains about anything except for finding a match.
2. Although having already done the magnificent feat of achieving elite status in CQC, many of the elites are still playing regularly!
3. FA off in engineered shields and hull reinforcements is nothing compared to FA off in a stock ship in a small defined space littered with obstacles. There is no margin for error.

C'mon bored PvPers, get out of your comfort zone and try CQC! Your bored brain will love the stimulation.

o7
I've done cqc quite a lot and I just think it's boring. Honestly, the lack of an engineered distributor and the ability to boost constantly doesn't make it more challenging, it just makes it boring. Also the fact that almost all the cqc ships are gimbaled is SUPER lame and boring.

Cqc sucks. It's enjoyable sometimes but for the most part it sucks.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom