Changes to Community Challenges

I'd like to jump on the "challenges last two weeks instead of one week on, one week off" train! It gives more time for people to get a chance to participate and, when a challenge is live, people don't feel the need to focus all of their attention on just the challenge.

Tbh, i liked it this week...
Able to focus on the franchise instead of completing the challenge..
But now people who wants to participate, but have no time in the first week due to e.g. work, can not participate.. while if the challenge is 2 weeks, those people CAN participate.

Also, it is a choise to participate in these challenges, so if people want to focus on their zoo, then they should do that... but people who complain about that all their time goes to the challenge: it is their choice, and apparently they choose wrong. They should in stead focus on their zoo and a little less on the challenge.

But now people who wants to participate, but have no time in the first week due to e.g. work, can not participate.. while if the challenge is 2 weeks, those people CAN participate.

Also, it is a choise to participate in these challenges, so if people want to focus on their zoo, then they should do that... but people who complain about that all their time goes to the challenge: it is their choice, and apparently they choose wrong. They should in stead focus on their zoo and a little less on the challenge.

From the beginning I never heard anyone complain about not able to participate in the challenge. Everybody has spare time and going with your logic - they are choosing wrong.
The last part, really?? If you're unable to accept other people's opinions, at least don't be ignorant! ignore

I've played a lot of games with online challenges and all games plan out their event in a specific short period. Maybe the (worst) example is Pokemon GO, which actually is even very specific on 1 day and only a few hours.
I don't think it's a wrong assumption that they would need to greatly increase the numbers for a 2-week challenge (to keep it a challenge), which would create a similar problem.
(Keeping the numbers the same would make it very easy to complete a challenge)

From the beginning I never heard anyone complain about not able to participate in the challenge. Everybody has spare time

If you're unable to accept other people's opinions, at least don't be ignorant!
Where did you read that i don't accept other people opinions?? i Never wrote that... I am not ignorant and those false accusations of you are misplaced here.

I'm sorry, i can't say this any other way, and i don't mean this the wrong way, but it's pretty ignorant to think that everyone has spare time... But there are people with full time jobs, who have kids and need to study, who don't have spare time for this game at some moments.... and that you didn't hear that, doesn't mean that it is not there, because i know enough people who didn't had the time to play this game and thus participate with the challenge due to work/study etc..

Last edited:
Hmm, I liked it how the challenges were, but I do think the break now is okay.
I am however now worried a few challenges might get, well, too challenging. I mean, I have to work after all and a few other things to do in real life, but so far it was always possible to reach the top ranking for each challenges so far at least over the weekends. Now I fear for some it could be almost impossible (like imagine you would have to release certain star elephants)... While for others it may be too easy? (like breeding African animals - but I cant say it would bother me too much :LOL: )

But I will first see and wait how the different challenges will turn out and then I will judge them^^

Thanks for listening to all of us, anyways Frontier!(y)

I'm a little bit confused as the planet zoo webpage announce a community challenge starting today:
Screenshot_20200203-065738_Chrome.jpg

Thought this week wouldn't be one? (Don't understand me wrong, I'm not disappointed about it, just confused ;))

I love the new challenge! that is what i call a CHALLENGE :D 500.000 silver animals 🤩 can't wait to see the other types of challenges

Last edited:
Is the new challenge active?? I can't see it ingame! :( And if not, how can you see what challenge it is this week?

Scroll down to see the challenge. Looks like Silver Rated Warthogs.

Correction: Silver Rated Animals .. not warthogs specifically .. I'll use the excuse that I thought it was warthogs on display and made assumptions rofl.

Last edited:
So i dont know if its a bug on my part but I already bread around 30 silver flamingo and peafowl and only got 6 in the overview of the challenge? maybe i am confused because english is not my strongest and it means different animal species too? I am really confused!

Ah nevermind. Its the medal bug again... Silver animals get a worse rating in the trade center or lose their medal completly. Thats why they dont count..

Last edited:
Top Bottom