Changes to Community Challenges

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Got two silver zebras yesterday and only one counted and several other people over on steam posted about the same problem...would've been great if that bug was actually fixed first before giving us a challenge that relies on the medal system, which is obviously broken in some way :/

Seeing I have this issue since November, opened cases in the issue tracker (that are expired now) and opened a thread to ask if others had the same problem and there is still nothing even done (or even said, I dont even know if the devs know about this bug at all) I am really frustrated..

I got a way around it tho. Only breed gold animals. Put Gold baby animals into the trade center. They sometimes get ranked silver there (if not bronze or losing their medal), then they count towards the challenge.
Silver Babys didnt work for me at all.

A bit confused, what does the trade centre has to do with this?

We only have to breed them, not releasing them to the wild?

I think those are 2 separate issues..

I reported this back in November (medal downgrading when you put an animal in trade center), and surprised this isn't solved yet.
This affects the amount of CC you are getting for an animal, while the stats are still very good.

Beats me tho. I got a gold baby animal, put it into trade center and it added to the challenge stuff shortly after. Dont even know why?
Maybe its just delayed a bit, that could be the case too of course. But I put all born gold babys into trade center before putting them into another habitat (i have a habitat for babys) and it worked for me to finish the challenge.

The challenge seems to only count it if the trade center thinks it's silver or better. The game and the trade center differ on what a silver animal is.

A bit confused, what does the trade centre has to do with this?

We only have to breed them, not releasing them to the wild?

I think those are 2 separate issues..

I reported this back in November (medal downgrading when you put an animal in trade center), and surprised this isn't solved yet.
This affects the amount of CC you are getting for an animal, while the stats are still very good.

Well, it seems the animals that are silver when you select them but show up as bronze in the trade center are the ones that don't count towards the challenge, while gold animals that show up as silver actually do seem to count. That's the connection to the trade center we were talking about :)

I have no idea if any of my animals are switching rating. I just know that I am liking this challenge since my zoo is nicely established. It isn't fancy or terribly big and I do have habitats whose residents have passed and need to be replaced, but all in all, my zoo is working nicely for this challenge. I played for awhile last night, putting in a new habitat for saltwater crocodiles, and some habitat population maintenance. While doing this, not paying any attention to who was increasing the population, I had over 10 silver births credited to my account.

I found this a nice change from trying to get a habitat set up and then trying to get the animals breeding and maturing. Especially since I try not to have more than one habitat per species per zoo.

Thank you for the Silver Births challenge

Hey all. If your animals aren't counting towards your rewards can you report it on the issue tracker. Our developers might also ask you for your Steam ID.

There is an issue about that

The challenge seems to only count it if the trade center thinks it's silver or better. The game and the trade center differ on what a silver animal is.
This difference happens a lot, you put e.g. golden animals in it, and the tradecentre sees them as way less. When you put the animals back it is golden again (this is also a bug that had been reported before and also on the issue tracker)

Well, it seems the animals that are silver when you select them but show up as bronze in the trade center are the ones that don't count towards the challenge, while gold animals that show up as silver actually do seem to count. That's the connection to the trade center we were talking about :)

A lot of animals with a silver rating at birth did count for me. (They were silver in the habitat)
But in short:
  • There are silver animals, which count as silver animals (also silver when you put them in trade centre)
  • There are silver animals, which count as bronze animals (also bronze when you put them in trade centre)
Right?

Was a bit confused about trade centre, since it's a breeding challenge.

I found this a nice change from trying to get a habitat set up and then trying to get the animals breeding and maturing. Especially since I try not to have more than one habitat per species per zoo.

Thank you for the Silver Births challenge

I think it's a great improvement on variation. It's a lot more pleasant to combine regular play with the challenge. A lot of people compared a puppy mill to the challenges but (for me) this is more acceptable and has a less "puppy mill" feel to it..

A lot of animals with a silver rating at birth did count for me. (They were silver in the habitat)
But in short:
  • There are silver animals, which count as silver animals (also silver when you put them in trade centre)
  • There are silver animals, which count as bronze animals (also bronze when you put them in trade centre)
Right?

Was a bit confused about trade centre, since it's a breeding challenge.

Exactly. Like the two zebras I had: both were born during the challenge and silver in the habitat but only one counted, and when I put them in the trade center one shows up as bronze. So obviously not everything that shows up as silver in the habitat is actually counted as silver by the game and the trade center shows which animals those are.

But yeah, I can see why it could be confusing at first.

I don't know why. It's been stuck at 94% for over 12 hours despite lots of people claiming to breed gold animals. If we fail due to a bug it will be the last community challenge I care about.

Hmm, is the reward animals you get completly random or how does it work? Got three animals last challenge and three today. Last time I got one Nile monitor, today I got 2, so half of my reward animals have been Nile monitors :/ Are they extra comon as a reward or just wierd bad luck?

Arrakai, thank you for letting us know that the challenge was fixed during maintenance. I was so dissapointed to see that the success rate hadn't changed yesterday that I was wondering why. Now I know that all the time I spent in my franchise just for this challenge was not wasted.

Hmm, is the reward animals you get completly random or how does it work? Got three animals last challenge and three today. Last time I got one Nile monitor, today I got 2, so half of my reward animals have been Nile monitors :/ Are they extra comon as a reward or just wierd bad luck?

3 of my 16 reward animals are Nile Monitors .. here are my list so far :

Aardvark - Male - 1
African Elephant - Male - 1
American Bison - Male - 1
Black Wildebeest - Female - 1
Gemsbok - Male - 1
Himalayan Brown Bear - Male - 2
Nile Monitor - Female - 3
Plains Zebra - Male - 1
Red Panda - Male - 1
Sable Antelope - Female - 1
Snow Leopard - Female - 1
Western Chimpanzee - Male - 1
Western Lowland Gorilla - Female - 1

I did notice though that there are no mixed sex animals.. is this so that we don't get a breeding pair as a gift I wonder ... hmmmm...

I think it's just bad luck (if you don't want the Nile monitor)

I participated in most challenges and only have 2 Nile Monitor gifted. It's random for me - 1 or 2 of some species..

As far as I can remember ( I didn't record which I got when, just haven't used them yet ) I got one of each species .. so 2 for silver and 3 for gold. I don't recall getting the same animal twice in the same challenge. So I would say it is random .. but I would think there are some specific limitations that are checked before running the randomiser again rofl... 'No we are not giving you a pair of breeding gold level animals'.

Top Bottom