Commander, this is Ground Control

It was a nice short trailer, but honestly I still haven't seen enough to make me want to buy Odyssey.

I'd like to see some non-combat gameplay and details. So far it's all seemed rather combat oriented. Any new ships? Any new SRV's? Any improvements to exploration's FSS? Will salvaging get new gameplay and if so can we see some of it? Any passenger gameplay changes?

Q1 2021 is only three months away now, I really hope we start seeing more of the game real soon.

I agree.
The video was nice but not nearly enough to make me pre-order Odyssey.
The new planet surfaces look nice though, I wonder if those are part of the payed expansion only.
Just like you I want to see more real gameplay besides pew pew.

Being able to pre-order the deluxe version on the Frontier store would be nice, gives a malformed JSON error.
Also, for the Epic game store bought version, would buying the expansion on the Frontier store when logged in to the account linked to my Epic games account be sufficient or should I get it from the Epic store when/if it shows up there?

What's the release schedule like? Only info available currently is "early 2021" but for what? Apparently the alpha (which is very misleading imo), but when is the full release projected to drop?

I wouldn't read too much into that - the purchase page doesn't give any details about what you're getting in terms of Alpha access. There could absolutely be an early build that comes with a click-through agreement and that would likely be entirely enforceable.

No, I don't think they can't charge for an item that has restrictions but only tell you about the restrictions afterwards, at the very least they would have to tell you that there were conditions on the purchase, that would be in breach of UK consumer protection laws I think.

For all the LEPer's. I wouldn't be surprised if frontier say 'Odyssey is too big to be called an expansion so you have to pay for it as a standalone game'. Hence why we have no information what so ever about how to get it other than buying it seperately.

For all the LEPer's. I wouldn't be surprised if frontier say 'Odyssey is too big to be called an expansion so you have to pay for it as a standalone game'. Hence why we have no information what so ever about how to get it other than buying it seperately.

No. It's already been confirmed Odyssey is included in the LEP.

LEP doesn't need to "get" anything. When Horizons released my LEP was already in my game key and Horizons downloaded without me having to do anything (no pre-order, nothing it's already done).

So anyway, nice video and a nice clean view behind the gunsights. I'm guessing any HUD is a toggle? Kewl.

Greetings Commanders,

Take a look at our new Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Gameplay trailer that premiered at The Game Awards below!

Elite Dangerous: Odyssey is available to pre-order NOW on PC!
Elite Dangerous Odyssey
£29.99/$39.99/34.99EUR

Will include:
  • The Odyssey Expansion
  • Exclusive 'Pioneer' suit skin

Elite Dangerous: Odyssey – Deluxe Alpha Expansion Pack option
£39.99/$54.99/46.99EUR

Will include:
  • The Odyssey Expansion
  • Official Digital soundtrack
  • Exclusive 'Pioneer' suit skin
  • Alpha access - more details to follow in the new year