Community guests at FD HQ on 27th for Q4 news

I did ask about several VR things, mostly 3.3 specific stuff when those topics where what we were being shown and during each Q&A section afterwards.

Also asked about other VR related questions, and I am trying to get info if those are things I can actively speak about, since they had nothing to do with 3.3 directly, but is weekend and am not expecting an answer until monday at the earliest

Ok nice, will be eager to hear anything you can share down the line :D

You know what I think ? This "community" visit was pure damage control by FD. Many prominent voices among those invited have become increasing critical towards the game over this year, reaching a wide audience. This visit was to make them shut up.

You know what I think ? This "community" visit was pure damage control by FD. Many prominent voices among those invited have become increasing critical towards the game over this year, reaching a wide audience. This visit was to make them shut up.

One person's "shut up" is another person's "explained in depth so they fully appreciate the changes before launching a knee jerk rant"

I'd say its stage two marketing for B4 as after drumming up interest via the youtubers they get more people watching the upcoming content streams and playing the new content.

You might be here saying you think it's damage control but you are only doing that because you are interested and actively spreading the word by keeping the topic at the top of dang dis. So its working as intended and you are helping.

Did it work?

You must be really new here then. Half of involved has always been critical, and half of them have always been positive towards game. Also this is not first time they have done this.

Also if you really think that criticism - not rants, not bashing - can be shut down that way...

Do not forget that these Cmdrs engage their reputation and reliability in front of the community.

If they lied, their integrity will be worthless in the future

Sheesh! How about we drop the conspiracy woowoo, and just wait a couple of months and see what chapter 4 brings...

In principal I have no issue with Frontier selecting streamers and individuals getting an advanced look on things in development and then sharing that with the community under whatever NDA or gentlemen's agreement and even help make some choices.

So long as its not a PR exercise to distract us from tangible core gameplay updates expected in Q4 Beyond aka sorry players not this time don't worry its coming soon. Frankly because that is pretty much what happened a year ago after the Thargoid update fell a little flat and if you look into the feedback forum it has a mood of flatness all over it.

I for one am appalled by the favouritism of selectively handing out free beer.

2j6pzo.jpg

I say free beer for all!

That's a pretty good thing though, isn't it? If they've been critical and now are looking forward to the future of the game it tells us that Frontier are on the right track. If showing them parts of the update makes them shut up that's great news. Thanks for being so positive.

Top Bottom