ANNOUNCEMENT Community Update - January 3306

I'm just sitting here, waiting for a chance to land on one of these ELWs and see where those lights actually come from. But then i think... can they actually pull it off? we talking about weather, cities, vegetation, all kind of new lifeforms, oceans/underwater exploration, etc. ... all this supposedly made by a team who can't fix simple bugs, that are out there for years literally. Still hoping though, but let's be real.

548157852633051db[1].png

I'm just sitting here, waiting for a chance to land on one of these ELWs and see where those lights actually come from. But then i think... can they actually pull it off? we talking about weather, cities, vegetation, all kind of new lifeforms, oceans/underwater exploration, etc. ... all this supposedly made by a team who can't fix simple bugs, that are out there for years literally. Still hoping though, but let's be real.

View attachment 158181
Eh?
Landing on ELWs?
🧐

I remember Ice Worlds being announced at Frontier Expo 2017 which would be coming in early 2018.
Ice Planet v2 wasn't timeframed at FrontierExpo, but instead at LaveCon in the following Summer. During the FrontierExpo presentation we were shown this concept art:
jpg
Never forget, we were supposed to have gotten this almost two years ago:
image.axd
I still wonder what happened to them, not a single word by Frontier since then on the revamped ice worlds. They just completely vanished from the roadmap. :(
That screengrab is from LaveCon 2018 (June). During that presentation the Ice Planet v2 was announced for Beyond 3.3 in 11th December 2018. I suppose 13 months is "almost two years" ;)

Meanwhile, from the Community Update on 31st August 2018 (3.5 months before Beyond 3.3 arrived), Zac told us this:
This means that some elements of content such as Ice Planets (which many of you will have seen some fantastic progress updates from LaveCon earlier this year) and Fleet Carriers for squadrons will not be coming as part of the Beyond – Chapter Four update. Some of the technology from the ice planets specifically will be used within our wider and global visual upgrade, so there will still be general improvements, but not everything we originally envisaged. However, we wanted you to be aware that these two elements specifically would be reprioritised out of the upcoming Beyond - Chapter Four update.
Then in March 2019's Community Update thread:
Both Ice Planets and Fleet Carriers are still planned for the development road-map, and we'll be able to share more information with you in the future.

View attachment 158181
You motivate them by tickling their pride.

:)

We need Frontier to stop laughing in our face. Stop saying so many empty words and say concrete things. So you can ing open up a thread to say you'll open up a thread. What kind of a boss approves of such a lame communication strategy?

Promises, announcements since 2018, again and again shifts and new and old bugs - that is the true reality. I don't believe FD anything anymore... Sad but unfortunately true!

"Some of the technology from the ice planets specifically will be used within our wider and global visual upgrade, so there will still be general improvements, but not everything we originally envisaged. "

This is the reason we don't get detailed long-term updates any more. It generates excess negativity when development concepts are unable to reach production readiness in a timely manner (or at all).

The "Community Letter"... What a joke.

The focus on stability and general QoL is nice for now. However a stagnant Galnet, lack of CGs (even though the player requested ones are already written out and could be used for weekly CGs like it used to be), and a general halt to in game stories (Galnet or otherwise) means things will be really damn stagnant.

The 'fluff' articles in Galnet news made it feel, well, like the news. The weekly pre-baked CGs gave the game a sense of motion and purpose. These played a huge role in keeping things from getting stale in between content releases. Thanks to "Community Leaders" the people who plugged in the text for weekly CGs and daily Galnet can now help fix bugs! Nevermind the fact that the 'fluff articles' gave a interesting backdrop to everything or explained the state of the galaxy.

While it was annoying to not be able to interact with the stories at times, it could've been solved by pre-planed CGs (for minor arcs) and Interstellar Initiatives (for more impactful arcs) to decide the outcome of stories with the consequences only panning out later (as not to overload the devs). Instead our "Community Leaders" decided that Elite's headline feature of a living galaxy be sidelined for a minor reduction in dev time. Thank you, really!

And then OA releases a video bemoaning the lack of content updates. Are the best of the best (with honours) just using Frontier to drive clicks to their vids? :unsure:

You motivate them by tickling their pride.

:)
Pick one:

Demanding: A team such as ours should be winning this match space genre without any problem at all.

Encouraging: We've been on a bad run lately, so go out there and impress me!

Inspirational: Let's give the fans something to cheer today!

Sympathetic: Good luck out there, we're going to need it.

Relaxing: Go out there and enjoy the match game, I'm not concerned about the result.

Continue Performing: This is a massive match year and if you can pick up where you left off in the last time out Horizons then we've got a great chance today in December.

Expect Improvement: I'm expecting to see much better performances today this year.

And then OA releases a video bemoaning the lack of content updates. Are the best of the best (with honours) just using Frontier to drive clicks to their vids? :unsure:
Love it :)
Influencer campaigns for: no more new content until bugs get fixed to our satisfaction, and we'll be watching!
Influencer then complains when their demands have been met...

In the mean time ordinairy players who disagreed... 🤷‍♂️

How does the FC announcement interferes with your current exploration plans - expecially for long trips?
Im mean, when you also want to buy your fleet carrier as soon as possible. Since FCs can only be bought "from certain systems", do you refrain from long exlporation trips for now, will you return ASAP or ...?

Back
Top Bottom