Guide / Tutorial Complete list of all third party tools, spreadsheets, manuals and other data sources

Excel Spreadsheet

I created a small Excel spreadsheet which allows to manually insert stations and their goods prices for import / export.
A comparison column has two dynamical drop down lists, where one can select the station he is starting and the destination station (new stations are automatically added to the lists).
The comparison column than automatically calculates the export prices from the first station against the import prices of the second and will display how much benefit every trading good makes.
The most valuable good is highlighted so one can see in two clicks which trading good makes the most profit to fill empty cargo.

It comes already with some collected data in SOL and data from 10 systems located around SOL.

Limitation: As I am using the German client, the trading good names are labelen with their German names, feel free to translate it.

Disclaimer: I can't provide any guarantee of the correct calculation or any other error which may be in the file.

Feel free to test it, I am lookinig forward to some feedback and maybe hints about similar tools out there which are already better ;)

Here is the link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7fVaOgrOTS3MFVxUGYwdF9nTW8&authuser=0

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
I created a small Excel spreadsheet which allows to manually insert stations and their goods prices for import / export.
A comparison column has two dynamical drop down lists, where one can select the station he is starting and the destination station (new stations are automatically added to the lists).
The comparison column than automatically calculates the export prices from the first station against the import prices of the second and will display how much benefit every trading good makes.
The most valuable good is highlighted so one can see in two clicks which trading good makes the most profit to fill empty cargo.

It comes already with some collected data in SOL and data from 10 systems located around SOL.

Limitation: As I am using the German client, the trading good names are labelen with their German names, feel free to translate it.

Disclaimer: I can't provide any guarantee of the correct calculation or any other error which may be in the file.

Feel free to test it, I am lookinig forward to some feedback and maybe hints about similar tools out there which are already better ;)

Here is the link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7fVaOgrOTS3MFVxUGYwdF9nTW8&authuser=0

Nice initiative. I currently don't play so can't really test it. I had a relation with a German GF for 8 years so I can read/understand it without problems. Others probably not ;-( Iirc the latest EliteOCR has support for the French/German translations so perhaps (if you are interested in having this made public for a larger audience) you could use that to translate it to English. As in Seebek (author EliteOCR) must have a list of translation you could use. Also a thread for this would be nice. I'm putting it on the TODO list for the time being. Gonna try to go through the thread today and update the OP with the info in it.

A question: Is it purely manual input only ir did you find a way to import data from EDDN and/or the .csv/.bpc from EliteOCR and/or the .csv file from RegulatedNoise?

Edit: To all. The translations can be found in the file commodities.json when you download EOCR from sourceforge.

Friday 20150424: Added to the WIP tool codenamed ED3PTT (see OP). Added English version of the spreadsheet also. See next post by author derhunter.

Last edited:
Is it purely manual input only ir did you find a way to import data from EDDN and/or the .csv/.bpc from EliteOCR and/or the .csv file from RegulatedNoise?

Thanks for the info and the research for the english translation. I will have a look at it and translate the file.

At the moment it is purely manual input, there is no way to import from other sources. It may be done easily with a Java tool or something similar, but I guess thats too much effort. It may also be possible to create a VisualBasic macro inside the excel which reads from a CSV file. I will check if there is an easy way when I have some time.

Edit: The english translation is finished, please download the File here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7fVaOgrOTS3S28waHpYYzY2ZW8/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Got a PM from the author of Elite:Copilot. Added functionality:

- ability to get a log of all systems you visited while you had E.C. running
- an in-game overlay with user-configurable color scheme
- a built-in web server so you can have routing information on your smartphone as an external display
- dynamic rerouting when you are in a system not in your route

Note to self: update OP.

Tuesday the 20th of January: Changed existing OP entry. Also added to the OP, section "Captains Log"

Friday 20150424: Edited in the WIP tool codenamed ED3PTT (see OP). Format corrected.

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Finally got around to adding the browser tabs to the TODO section. Its a long list. Also two new entries for the announcements section.

TODO:

• Fill the EDDN section with tools created by commanders for EDDN - have to reread the whole EDDN thread ;-( That will teach me NOT to put things directly in the TODO section here....
  • Check this thread and put everything I missed so far (at least) in the TODO section.

Added today.

Friday 20150424: Added to the WIP tool codenamed ED3PTT (see OP). Most of the entries were already in ED3PTT but not all, corrected that.

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
The OP is getting to big. I´m afraid I will reach the maximum size soon. I´m already having problems that spoiler tags leak. As in somehow if it contains to much data the last part IS showing though the tag is collapsed. Solution so far is to split a spoiler tag in two. It looks as if in the future I will have to create a second thread, where I reserve the first posts for OP entries. Or I need to create a website for it.

A much better alternative would be to have a website with a database. This allows stuff like searching, adding new entries, changing existing entries. I do have the skills for that BUT NOT the time. Should anyone be interested in creating such a website please send a PM. I do have webspace on the EDDN server - Linux CentOS in case you have the skills/time but no website to host it.

Note: When the web-api will come out (I guess/hope end Q1, begin Q2) I'm sure there will be HUGE boost of new tools!!

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Request: Keeping the OP up to date is getting increasingly difficult as the number of interesting new tools, is steadily growing. For some unknown reason I DO like to play ED occasionally last time 2+ months back. I REALLY could use some help. If you want to help me out, just go to the TODO section and pick an interesting one and create an OP compatible entry for it. If you fill it in exactly as the rest of the entries, then it would just be a case of copy/paste. This would help me tremendously!!!

Sadly: I simply can't keep it up to date alone ;-(

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Currently adding entries on the OP of the EDDN thread, section "Tools created for EDDN and/or using it". There are I believe 5-7 gems hidden in there. I'm gonna reread the whole thread in reverse order and update the EDDN OP. When that is finished the whole section will be copied to the EDDN section of the OP of this thread. This OP will (most likely) NOT get updates before the EDDN OP section is ready. When interested in the tools, hop over to the EDDN thread.

Edit: One trading tool and one route planner (eddb) with EDDN subscriber support added to the EDDN OP.

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks for this thead, it's been invaluable as someone new to the game the help & hidden gems that are contained in some of the tools is amazing

Can't say enough good things about this thread. I'm one of those 'must have all the tools' kinda of player. Digging through the forum can be like digging through warm pudding, satisfying but it completely swallows you up. Love your work and effort!

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Still out of town. Have to admit I get a nice cozy/fuzzy, warm feeling when reading the last posts. Good to know the OP info IS being used and is useful to you ;-) Thanks for the kind words. Please, don´t forget the check out the TODO section of the OP, 50+ tools/info stuff is in there. Yes, can´t keep up ;-( I´m afraid of whats gonna happen when the official web-api will be ready and is released.... Absolutely totally positively convinced that the number of tools is gonna explode because of the new info available for tools!!!

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
A very interesting thread by Maddavo: "Price sharing - price sanity check algorithms". I think this is a VERY useful thread. Might I suggest hopping over there and give your opinion about the matter. I'm sure that we as a community can come with some clever ideas. In the all tools could be benefit from it. Not only EDDN - which distributes quite a large percentage of the commodities prices market.

20150410: Added to the WIP tool codenamed ED3PTT (see OP).

Last edited:
Just wanted to let people know some of the issues I found and hence possibly save you hassle. It has taken me two weeks to set everyting up and get everything working - i am just about to launch the game for my first real outing! Whoop Whoop!

Things I discoverd:
I have a thrustmaster t16000. No need to use the target software you can map the buttons in game. If you want to use one of the buttons as a shift button, in the controls mapping section of the game just press two buttons at the same time.

When mapping the buttons ( roll, pitch, yaw) do not map left on the joystick or right on the joystick individually to the x axis. Rather in the same column as the keyboard settings (first coloumn/ primary) map the axis to the roll axis (to the left of the sensitivity slider). I can actually play the game now as the large dead zones have been removed.

I bought the HCS voice pack to use with voice attack and I kept the HCSPACK KB+M option - i then mapped the joystcik leaving their default keys alone.
I made an IR clip using you tube vids. PS3 eye about £7 on amazon. OSRAM SH***** IR leds - £6. I butchered a tape measure case so that clips on to the headphones and used 2 BIC pens as the arms - you can melt these so they bend to the perfect shape, one led is actually in the case. Note: IR leds have to have the correct polarity or they will not work! Normal leds can be anyway round but IR leds have to be a certain way. That took me an hour to figure that one out!

I used opentrack on its own and it works fine after ADJUSTING THE MAPPING curves. I assigned 'enter' to turning the headlook on/ off within that prog - i am yet to figure out how to attach that to a button on the joystick as it doesn't seem to work; i have seen thread saying the developers have been notified. Also in opentrack adjust the 'centre pose' found at: mapping/ option tab so your head is centred.

I know most of this is probably obvious to most people but to me it wasn't. If anyone wants my files so you do not have to do it all yourself I can put them somewhere. You can have the opentrack .ini file, the binds file (a work in progress) i use and the photoshop template to assign your own keys. You might have to wait a while as I about to be lost in space for some time...

Excited!!!

Hope it helps.

joystick_defaults_D.jpg

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
You could add Elite: Dangerous Display Switcher:

EDDS

Nice tool. It would be even better if it was possible to change the resolution on the fly - while playing ED. Someone has managed to do that but didn't make it public because it it was done by directly manipulating ED - which is verboten. If you haven't so already you might want to consider posting a request for such a feature in the started by FD thread "[PROPOSAL DISCUSSION] External API Requirements Thread"

Monday the 2nd of February. Added to TODO section.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Just wanted to let people know some of the issues I found and hence possibly save you hassle. It has taken me two weeks to set everyting up and get everything working - i am just about to launch the game for my first real outing! Whoop Whoop!

Things I discoverd:
I have a thrustmaster t16000. No need to use the target software you can map the buttons in game. If you want to use one of the buttons as a shift button, in the controls mapping section of the game just press two buttons at the same time.

When mapping the buttons ( roll, pitch, yaw) do not map left on the joystick or right on the joystick individually to the x axis. Rather in the same column as the keyboard settings (first coloumn/ primary) map the axis to the roll axis (to the left of the sensitivity slider). I can actually play the game now as the large dead zones have been removed.

I bought the HCS voice pack to use with voice attack and I kept the HCSPACK KB+M option - i then mapped the joystcik leaving their default keys alone.
I made an IR clip using you tube vids. PS3 eye about £7 on amazon. OSRAM SH***** IR leds - £6. I butchered a tape measure case so that clips on to the headphones and used 2 BIC pens as the arms - you can melt these so they bend to the perfect shape, one led is actually in the case. Note: IR leds have to have the correct polarity or they will not work! Normal leds can be anyway round but IR leds have to be a certain way. That took me an hour to figure that one out!

I used opentrack on its own and it works fine after ADJUSTING THE MAPPING curves. I assigned 'enter' to turning the headlook on/ off within that prog - i am yet to figure out how to attach that to a button on the joystick as it doesn't seem to work; i have seen thread saying the developers have been notified. Also in opentrack adjust the 'centre pose' found at: mapping/ option tab so your head is centred.

I know most of this is probably obvious to most people but to me it wasn't. If anyone wants my files so you do not have to do it all yourself I can put them somewhere. You can have the opentrack .ini file, the binds file (a work in progress) i use and the photoshop template to assign your own keys. You might have to wait a while as I about to be lost in space for some time...

Excited!!!

Hope it helps.

View attachment 11914

Monday the 2nd of February. Added to TODO section.

20150410: Added both to the WIP tool codenamed ED3PTT (see OP).

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
This one should have been on the OP LONG ago but totally forgot. Hence now with priority.....

Name: Maddavo's Market Share (MMS)
Author: maddavo
Description: Merging tool for Trade Dangerous (TD)
Source available: No
Thread: N/A.
Compatible with Release: Yes
Comments: Its a plugin for TD. Users can upload their TD .prices file (using TD) and get a merged .prices back. This will consist of all .prices submitted by others AND the prices received from EDDN. Also check out the other tools mentioned on his site like the online version of RedWizzards tool to calculate coordinates for new systems.

Wednesday the 4th of February. Added to the Miscellaneous section.

Edit: 20150410: Its on the WIP tool which has codename ED3PTT (see OP). Its one it since Mar 27, 2015 after biobob imported my OP list.

Last edited:
Wow! Excellent thread - so much useful stuff I haven't even been able to go through it all yet. Thanks to everyone who has contributed!

Top Bottom