Guide / Tutorial Complete list of all third party tools, spreadsheets, manuals and other data sources

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
You may add Commander Mafi's PAPA (Pen And Paper Application) to the list:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=80427

Thanks for the entry. very much appreciated.
Xmas stress,
I will add it to the TODO list starting Saturdy and after that it will go (FIFO style) into the correct section. Next days in a place without Internet and no smartphone.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

@ED_GalNet

I very much appreciate new entries. Not sure what you mean with this one. Could you elaborate? Url, website, thread?

Friday 20150424 Added to the WIP tool codenamed ED3PTT (see OP).

Last edited:
I just modified my tool to use Szokorad's Galnet Archive by default instead of the (now empty) official page. The link is the same (didn't upload the new source to github yet, but they are included in the 7z archive)

sorry for the rapid update rate, but galnewsreader now reads the official feed (again.) by default.
Looks like Frontier took down the feed for an hour or so and that was just when I checked. On the upside the new official feed is *complete*, so that's very very cool.(On the downside it seems to be piped directly from the game server with some half-hearted formating which made my task a bit more difficult.)

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Hi, just though I'd mention the Rare trading tool I knocked together. http://eliteraretrader.co.uk.

2D map to plot a tour or route between rare trade systems.

Thanks for letting me now. Its a nice refreshing idea. Haven't seen something like that before. It will be added to the TODO section and later to the correct section. Both will be in the beginning of the new year. I still have plenty to add ;-(

Its just Xmas holidays and now my nephew of 10 is around for a few days which made/makes it impossible to do some serious work on the OP. The thread WILL be update and kept up to date, just not now. I hope you all understand.

Last edited:
Thanks for letting me now. Its a nice refreshing idea. Haven't seen something like that before. It will be added to the TODO section and later to the correct section. Both will be in the beginning of the new year. I still have plenty to add ;-(

Its just Xmas holidays and now my nephew of 10 is around for a few days which made/makes it impossible to do some serious work on the OP. The thread WILL be update and kept up to date, just now now. I hope you all understand.

Inexcusable. You should immediately start intensive forum and/or programming training and get him working. Whip optional. :D

thanks for new forum thread - i think wolveriene was waiting for a dedicated thread before he added it in. its my fav Cmdr's log as its all local. and also helps a little with trading.

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
I have searched these forums for a pirating guide. pvp and pve. Can someone link one please?

Thread "Patriarch's Guide to Piracy". From that OP: "Take note that this guide is intended for PVE piracy and not necessarily for PVP. While much of the information here could certainly be used for PVP it is certainly not its main focus. Also I will be covering the pure basics as well as advanced tactics that I have learned throughout my adventures."

Note: there are similar ones out there.

Friday 20150424 Added to the WIP tool codenamed ED3PTT (see OP).

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Reported by Fangrim, 11th of December 2014.

Name: Fangrim's Guide to Supercruising the Easy Way - Revision 4 (Beta 2)
Author: Fangrim
Description: Fangrim's Guide to Supercruising the Easy Way - Revision 4 (Beta 2)
Source available: N/A
Thread: Fangrim's Guide to Supercruising the Easy Way - Revision 4 (Beta 2)
Compatible with Release: Yes
Comments: Very nice and useful guide.

Friday 20150424: Tool is in the WIP tool codenamed ED3PTT (see OP).
Done by ED3PTT author biobob who created an OP importer - saved LOTS of time.

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
I've compiled a list of Ships currently in Gamma 2.0 and their specifications, I hope to continue to update it as ships and data are discovered.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=73571

Reported by GunnyHighway, 12th of December 2014.

Name: Current ships in Elite: Dangerous 1.0
Author: GunnyHighway
Description: Current ships in Elite: Dangerous 1.0
Thread: Ship Specifications
Compatible with Release: YES
Comments:

Sunday the 4th of January. Added to the OP, section: "section "Manuals, wiki's and other useful information"

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Hi Commanders!

I just let you know I published my edtool site. That is still in beta but some features is working now like path finder or ship database. I will create several features including tracking commodities and market prices, price charts, trading route or ship database. I planning to be able to upload market data from stations in CSV format. If you have any comments about the site, do not hesitate to write to me. I hope you enjoy your time there and a lot of success and fun adventure in game.
http://edtool.net

Thanks for the report and your tool. I've added it to the new TODO section of the OP. In due time it will get a proper formatted entry in the correct section.

Reported by Dolpa, 13th of December 2014.

Name: ELITE: DANGEROUS TOOL
Author: Dolpa
Description: Route planner.
Thread: N/A
Comments: Atm 20150105 he doesn't have a thread for it. He announced his tool in this post in this thread. Atm its a route planner but more functionality is planned.

Sunday the 4th of January. Added to the OP, section "Route planners"

Last edited:

wolverine2710

Tutorial & Guide Writer
Hello wonder if you want to add voice attack profiles to the list.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53846

Thanks for the report and your tool. I've added it to the new TODO section of the OP. In due time it will get a proper formatted entry in the correct section.

Reported by ishmair, 13th of December 2014.

Name: Voice Attack profile
Author: ishmair
Description: Voice Attack profile
Thread: [COMMUNITY] Voice Attack profile sharing
Comments:

Sunday the 4th of January. Added to the OP, section "Miscellaneous"

Last edited:
Top Bottom